Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2021, 08:41 AM   #1

Motorcycle lift hitch mount vs truck bed lift

i been wanting to bring my bike with us the last few years but haven't pulled the trigger on a lift yet, this past year with all the car values going up i was able to get a good deal on my old jeep and trade up to a jeep gladiator. So that opens an option of a bed lift. So i am trying to get a poll from the group that has had a hitch lift vs a truck bed lift which way i should lean..pros and cons .. i been looking at the hydralift but they are $$$ , as well as a cruiserlift much more economical.. but i also have contemplating load all
https://loadall.com/products/jeep-gladiator-1. and even a Mountain Master loader for the bike .. just wanted to get some input from past experiences.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2021, 11:13 AM   #2

We have had the Hydra-Lift on the Coach since purchasing 4/2018, having put ~ 23,000 miles with no issues other than the ground needing to be cleaned on the frame, I had posted the resolution on the Forum. We are very happy with the lift, sturdy, rock solid, easily operated and folded out of the way when not in use. Ironically we have been debating on selling the bike, therefore having no need for the lift and when the time comes we will likely sell it to someone, but just haven't made the decision yet.
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 01:27 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I use a loadall in my pickup to carry a harley trike. Works flawlessly and is hidden with tailgate closed when the trike is not loaded on it. I'd show you a picture but can't figure out how to attach it lol.
Petek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 02:22 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECVB View Post
i been wanting to bring my bike with us the last few years but haven't pulled the trigger on a lift yet, this past year with all the car values going up i was able to get a good deal on my old jeep and trade up to a jeep gladiator. So that opens an option of a bed lift. So i am trying to get a poll from the group that has had a hitch lift vs a truck bed lift which way i should lean..pros and cons .. i been looking at the hydralift but they are $$$ , as well as a cruiserlift much more economical.. but i also have contemplating load all
https://loadall.com/products/jeep-gladiator-1. and even a Mountain Master loader for the bike .. just wanted to get some input from past experiences.
I have both and prefer the Loadall. I should have done more research before buying the Hydralift. Hydralift is a nice unit and works as advertised but with the Loadall I do not have to disconnect the towed, remove tow bars (and on my unit I installed a tow extension and lateral binders) or crawl around on the ground and under platform disconnecting all of the above. Much more willing to bring bike down on Loadall, without all the other stuff.
Old 09-24-2021, 02:45 PM   #5

These are all good points that i am wanting to hear from experienced users , as i don't want to get a lift then having to do a bunch of steps to unload the bike, plus , i would like to know as i would think the bike moves around alot on the back with hydralift or what is felt while driving ?
putting alot of miles and bumpy highways ? 950lb bike jolting around back there just makes me nervous plus trying to understand the rear sway of the motorhome ? .. ( thinking out loud) plus when i do decide to sell the lift i figure more market for a truck loader vs a hydralfit ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrig2 View Post
I have both and prefer the Loadall. I should have done more research before buying the Hydralift. Hydralift is a nice unit and works as advertised but with the Loadall I do not have to disconnect the towed, remove tow bars (and on my unit I installed a tow extension and lateral binders) or crawl around on the ground and under platform disconnecting all of the above. Much more willing to bring bike down on Loadall, without all the other stuff.
Old 09-24-2021, 02:47 PM   #6

lol , thanks .. how does it feel riding your trike up the ramp ? solid ? or little shaky ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petek View Post
I use a loadall in my pickup to carry a harley trike. Works flawlessly and is hidden with tailgate closed when the trike is not loaded on it. I'd show you a picture but can't figure out how to attach it lol.
Old 09-24-2021, 04:35 PM   #7

Securely strapped in you won’t experience any movement of the bike (95 Dyna-Low Rider) itself, I feel no difference with the bike on the H/L vs. off regarding “swaying”. Loading and unloading is quick and easy, strapping and covering could take a bit of time, although, comparable to the “Load-All”.
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 06:05 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I had a Cruiserlift with a Harley Ultra. There was too much movement which was amplified in the rear view camera. Made me nervous although had someone follow me and they said they could not see anything. Guess looking down on the bike you could see more. Coach handled fine and could not really tell it was back there. Another big drawback was checking coach motor fluids, you had to lower the lift, unplug the motor, remove the lift cables, then lift the rack that held the motor to give you enough room to open the coach motor cover. Would not want another Cruiserlift if someone gave it to me.
Ohio44718 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 06:25 PM   #9

Thanks , i am going the route of loadall vs cruiser lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio44718 View Post
I had a Cruiserlift with a Harley Ultra. There was too much movement which was amplified in the rear view camera. Made me nervous although had someone follow me and they said they could not see anything. Guess looking down on the bike you could see more. Coach handled fine and could not really tell it was back there. Another big drawback was checking coach motor fluids, you had to lower the lift, unplug the motor, remove the lift cables, then lift the rack that held the motor to give you enough room to open the coach motor cover. Would not want another Cruiserlift if someone gave it to me.
Old 10-19-2021, 09:25 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECVB View Post
Thanks , i am going the route of loadall vs cruiser lift
Good decision ! HydraLift is the premier lift but after 3 years I grew weary of the process and it was an easy choice as I sold the Harley and the Lift . If I were to do it again it would be in the bed of a truck !
Old 10-19-2021, 02:56 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
Good decision ! HydraLift is the premier lift but after 3 years I grew weary of the process and it was an easy choice as I sold the Harley and the Lift . If I were to do it again it would be in the bed of a truck !
Never owning either, but stayed at Elkhorn Ridge SD the week before bike week and had the privileged of watching both types load and unload their bikes. That was really and education. Hands down the pickup bed mounts were the simplest. Another factor that was interesting, 60% of the Prevost and Newells had pickup mounted bike haulers. The other 40% had unbelievable enclosed trailers.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 06:02 PM   #12

I'll add another vote for the pick up loader. Rampage in my case. We debated hard about a Hydra-lift, but the issue I couldn't get past is the times you can't unload the bike with the coach in it's park spot. It's either too unlevel, or there are obstructions in the way. Frequently, after a long days drive, I don't want to have to unload the bike till the next morning. With the truck lift, I can move the truck anywhere and anytime.
In my opinion, the Load All is not really suited to trucks, it's too high, at least for this 66 year old guy. With the Rampage, if the bike were to fall, I won't be on it.
I made a cart the same height as the bed of the truck, so when we get home from a trip after unloading the bike, I unbolt the Rampage and slide it on the cart, then roll it in the shop.

Tags
hitch, motor