Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-24-2021, 08:41 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
ECVB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 280
Motorcycle lift hitch mount vs truck bed lift

i been wanting to bring my bike with us the last few years but haven't pulled the trigger on a lift yet, this past year with all the car values going up i was able to get a good deal on my old jeep and trade up to a jeep gladiator. So that opens an option of a bed lift. So i am trying to get a poll from the group that has had a hitch lift vs a truck bed lift which way i should lean..pros and cons .. i been looking at the hydralift but they are $$$ , as well as a cruiserlift much more economical.. but i also have contemplating load all
https://loadall.com/products/jeep-gladiator-1. and even a Mountain Master loader for the bike .. just wanted to get some input from past experiences.
__________________
2014 Entegra Anthem DEQ
2018 Jeep Wrangler
ECVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2021, 11:13 AM   #2
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cleveland Ohio
Posts: 444
We have had the Hydra-Lift on the Coach since purchasing 4/2018, having put ~ 23,000 miles with no issues other than the ground needing to be cleaned on the frame, I had posted the resolution on the Forum. We are very happy with the lift, sturdy, rock solid, easily operated and folded out of the way when not in use. Ironically we have been debating on selling the bike, therefore having no need for the lift and when the time comes we will likely sell it to someone, but just haven't made the decision yet.
__________________
John & Maria - Chester (furry kid)
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 01:27 PM   #3
Member
 
Petek's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Polk City, FL
Posts: 57
I use a loadall in my pickup to carry a harley trike. Works flawlessly and is hidden with tailgate closed when the trike is not loaded on it. I'd show you a picture but can't figure out how to attach it lol.
__________________
Petek
2017 Entegra Cornerstone
2019 Jeep Wrangler Moab 2020 Harley Davidson Tri-Glide CVO
Petek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 02:22 PM   #4
Member
 
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECVB View Post
i been wanting to bring my bike with us the last few years but haven't pulled the trigger on a lift yet, this past year with all the car values going up i was able to get a good deal on my old jeep and trade up to a jeep gladiator. So that opens an option of a bed lift. So i am trying to get a poll from the group that has had a hitch lift vs a truck bed lift which way i should lean..pros and cons .. i been looking at the hydralift but they are $$$ , as well as a cruiserlift much more economical.. but i also have contemplating load all
https://loadall.com/products/jeep-gladiator-1. and even a Mountain Master loader for the bike .. just wanted to get some input from past experiences.
I have both and prefer the Loadall. I should have done more research before buying the Hydralift. Hydralift is a nice unit and works as advertised but with the Loadall I do not have to disconnect the towed, remove tow bars (and on my unit I installed a tow extension and lateral binders) or crawl around on the ground and under platform disconnecting all of the above. Much more willing to bring bike down on Loadall, without all the other stuff.
__________________
"When you get there, there you are."
2017 Entegra Cornerstone, '13 GMC Sierra 2500 4x4, Blue Ox Avail, Air Force One
Bigrig2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 02:45 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
ECVB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 280
These are all good points that i am wanting to hear from experienced users , as i don't want to get a lift then having to do a bunch of steps to unload the bike, plus , i would like to know as i would think the bike moves around alot on the back with hydralift or what is felt while driving ?
putting alot of miles and bumpy highways ? 950lb bike jolting around back there just makes me nervous plus trying to understand the rear sway of the motorhome ? .. ( thinking out loud) plus when i do decide to sell the lift i figure more market for a truck loader vs a hydralfit ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrig2 View Post
I have both and prefer the Loadall. I should have done more research before buying the Hydralift. Hydralift is a nice unit and works as advertised but with the Loadall I do not have to disconnect the towed, remove tow bars (and on my unit I installed a tow extension and lateral binders) or crawl around on the ground and under platform disconnecting all of the above. Much more willing to bring bike down on Loadall, without all the other stuff.
__________________
2014 Entegra Anthem DEQ
2018 Jeep Wrangler
ECVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 02:47 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
ECVB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 280
lol , thanks .. how does it feel riding your trike up the ramp ? solid ? or little shaky ?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Petek View Post
I use a loadall in my pickup to carry a harley trike. Works flawlessly and is hidden with tailgate closed when the trike is not loaded on it. I'd show you a picture but can't figure out how to attach it lol.
__________________
2014 Entegra Anthem DEQ
2018 Jeep Wrangler
ECVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 04:35 PM   #7
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cleveland Ohio
Posts: 444
Securely strapped in you won’t experience any movement of the bike (95 Dyna-Low Rider) itself, I feel no difference with the bike on the H/L vs. off regarding “swaying”. Loading and unloading is quick and easy, strapping and covering could take a bit of time, although, comparable to the “Load-All”.
__________________
John & Maria - Chester (furry kid)
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 06:05 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Ohio44718's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 186
I had a Cruiserlift with a Harley Ultra. There was too much movement which was amplified in the rear view camera. Made me nervous although had someone follow me and they said they could not see anything. Guess looking down on the bike you could see more. Coach handled fine and could not really tell it was back there. Another big drawback was checking coach motor fluids, you had to lower the lift, unplug the motor, remove the lift cables, then lift the rack that held the motor to give you enough room to open the coach motor cover. Would not want another Cruiserlift if someone gave it to me.
Ohio44718 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 06:25 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
ECVB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 280
Thanks , i am going the route of loadall vs cruiser lift



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio44718 View Post
I had a Cruiserlift with a Harley Ultra. There was too much movement which was amplified in the rear view camera. Made me nervous although had someone follow me and they said they could not see anything. Guess looking down on the bike you could see more. Coach handled fine and could not really tell it was back there. Another big drawback was checking coach motor fluids, you had to lower the lift, unplug the motor, remove the lift cables, then lift the rack that held the motor to give you enough room to open the coach motor cover. Would not want another Cruiserlift if someone gave it to me.
__________________
2014 Entegra Anthem DEQ
2018 Jeep Wrangler
ECVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 09:25 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Hayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: On the Road long way to Florida
Posts: 1,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECVB View Post
Thanks , i am going the route of loadall vs cruiser lift
Good decision ! HydraLift is the premier lift but after 3 years I grew weary of the process and it was an easy choice as I sold the Harley and the Lift . If I were to do it again it would be in the bed of a truck !
__________________
Sue & Brian Ashworth & Rizzy( adopted Boxer)
2016 Anthem 44A, 2018 GMC Canyon Denali,
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 02:56 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
brobox's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SW FL
Posts: 26,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
Good decision ! HydraLift is the premier lift but after 3 years I grew weary of the process and it was an easy choice as I sold the Harley and the Lift . If I were to do it again it would be in the bed of a truck !
Never owning either, but stayed at Elkhorn Ridge SD the week before bike week and had the privileged of watching both types load and unload their bikes. That was really and education. Hands down the pickup bed mounts were the simplest. Another factor that was interesting, 60% of the Prevost and Newells had pickup mounted bike haulers. The other 40% had unbelievable enclosed trailers.
__________________
Chuck in SW FL
Digital 2021 Cornerstone "B"
A "Digital" 2019 Cornerstone "B" Traded
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 06:02 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: North Tx
Posts: 509
I'll add another vote for the pick up loader. Rampage in my case. We debated hard about a Hydra-lift, but the issue I couldn't get past is the times you can't unload the bike with the coach in it's park spot. It's either too unlevel, or there are obstructions in the way. Frequently, after a long days drive, I don't want to have to unload the bike till the next morning. With the truck lift, I can move the truck anywhere and anytime.
In my opinion, the Load All is not really suited to trucks, it's too high, at least for this 66 year old guy. With the Rampage, if the bike were to fall, I won't be on it.
I made a cart the same height as the bed of the truck, so when we get home from a trip after unloading the bike, I unbolt the Rampage and slide it on the cart, then roll it in the shop.
__________________
2020 Newmar Ventana 4369
GCSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hitch, motor



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Short bed camper on a long bed and a short bed Petes Dad Truck Camper Discussion 2 11-02-2018 05:53 PM
Factory Bed Prep & Andersen Gooseneck Mount Ultimate hitch WheelingOn Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion 10 10-19-2018 07:06 PM
Wanted to get some input regarding the "Hydra-Lift" Motorcycle Lift. happynurse27 iRV2.com General Discussion 6 07-12-2018 11:26 PM
Bed lift struts unable to compress pushes bed base off wall smballou Monaco Owner's Forum 10 04-11-2017 05:08 AM
Bed Mount or Frame Mount? JCarver Truck Camper Discussion 1 03-01-2017 09:40 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.