RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2020, 01:22 PM   #1

Mountain Falls Motorcoach Resort

Has anybody been to Mountain Falls motorcoach resort in NC? And if so how Scary is the trip in? Iíve heard itís a beautiful place but challenging to get to?

buck58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2020, 02:35 PM   #2

Buck,
Your timing is impeccable...
I was just talking to a gentleman (Tuesday or Weds.) where we are at in Florida that owns a Lot up there and he mentioned about driving in to the Resort. He said going the correct way you will have no problem, speak to the Resort prior to arriving and they will give you the proper directions to navigate the correct roads. He did say that trying to go in the incorrect way could be problematic with a few tight hairpin turns.

On a side note... I had spoken to another Owner who had recently had his Coach serviced @ MainLine Truck & Trailer Service in Bedford Ohio 440.439.7777, and was very satisfied with the end result. You had inquired on a much earlier Post, about finding something close to your home.

2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 03:22 PM   #3

Man, your the best for all the info
Old 05-24-2020, 03:23 PM   #4

Thanks ☝️
Old 05-24-2020, 03:33 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Check the video for a view of the winding road (Rte 64) that leads in from the east. This video was taken a few years ago and I am told the road has been improved since then.

Mountain Falls address is Lake Toxaway, but when to get to the sign that says "Lake Toxaway" DON'T TURN, go straight. You can see at 8:58 on the video what happens if you turn right onto hwy 281 (read the yellow road sign). We had a heck of a time getting turned around on a narrow 2 lane road and back to Rte 64.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 05:08 PM   #6

Thanks much for all the info..
Old 05-25-2020, 04:56 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Been there, done that... In my opinion even the 'correct' route sucks. Looked seriously at buying there, but decided against it simply because of the access. Beautiful place, but access is something I will not drive on a regular basis in a 45 foot coach. Purchased at another resort down the road in Franklin, views almost as super and just off Rt-23/441 which is a four lane highway. Would highly recommend Sunset Ridge Motorcoach Resort in Franklin, NC as an alternative if you are looking for views, value and location.
motorhomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 05:05 AM   #8

We're staying there next month. The confirmation e-mail has directions, I will pay close attention. Sounds like I should unhook our tow car before getting close.
Towing a '14 Honda CRV
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 06:12 AM   #9

I own a lot there, have since 2009. The two ways to approach are from the south via South Carolina 11 to North Carolina 281 or from the Brevard area (east) via Highway 64. 64 was substantially improved about 2 years ago and they got rid of the tight hairpin turns in the last 1.5 miles of the drive. So much better. I come and go a lot so I drive it regularly in my Anthem 44B towing (usually some sort of pickup).
Avoid coming in from the west on 64 (from Highlands and Cashiers) or from the North (over the blue ridge parkway, 12 foot bridge....)
It’s a beautiful spot.
vsayler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 07:09 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhomeguy View Post
Been there, done that... In my opinion even the 'correct' route sucks. Looked seriously at buying there, but decided against it simply because of the access. Beautiful place, but access is something I will not drive on a regular basis in a 45 foot coach. Purchased at another resort down the road in Franklin, views almost as super and just off Rt-23/441 which is a four lane highway. Would highly recommend Sunset Ridge Motorcoach Resort in Franklin, NC as an alternative if you are looking for views, value and location.

Is that the one above Great Outdoors? We watched the eclipse from there.
Butte64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 07:16 AM   #11

Van, my routing software has me coming from Rock Bottom via 178 to Rosman then 64 right into the resort. Does this look right?
Towing a '14 Honda CRV
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 07:29 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
We have been there several times. The first was in a 35 foot Georgetown, that we kept for three months. We came the wrong way. Real Bad news. We have been twice in a Phaeton 40AH from the Brevard side towing a Silverado High Country and then a Wrangler, no problem at all. Follow their directions and take your time. It is worth the trip. We are going back in four weeks. The nearby parks have beautiful walking trails and more waterfalls in Transylvania County than anywhere in the country.
HenryRH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 11:35 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by timjet View Post
Van, my routing software has me coming from Rock Bottom via 178 to Rosman then 64 right into the resort. Does this look right?

That is the worst possible route for a motorhome and even tight in a car. Is your routing software setup for motorhome? What is your start point?
Butte64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 07:30 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Is that the one above Great Outdoors? We watched the eclipse from there.
Yes it is.

motorhomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote