Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2018, 04:17 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Mounting WiFiRanger and Cell Booster to 2014 Entegra Anthem Roof OTA Antenna

We want to install WiFi Ranger and Cell Booster Antennas to the OTA Antenna on our 2014 Anthem 42 DEQ. Does anyone have ideas on how best to run the cabling back into the coach to avoid leaks?

Is this best left to professionals?
bremde is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2018, 04:29 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I mounted mine on my Monaco on the OTA antenna, brought the cable down, then on the roof to the front of the coach, right above the equipment cabinet. I drilled a 3/4Ē hole, fed the cable through, making sure the cable went past the hole, then a U turn, before going in the hole. That way the cable ran uphill before the opening. I then sealed the opening with Eternabond, two layers worth. Never leaked on me.

I probably will do the same on my Aspire once I check out under the cap to make sure I have room and donít run into any obstacle.

Hope this helps in some way.
Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 04:35 PM   #3

I cannot help help with your installation BREMED, but I believe many on this forum would benefit from a follow-up post on your installation and a user review of your WiFi Ranger.
pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 05:48 AM   #4
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
This can be done by most. I saw a photo in a post on Eternabond roof sealing by Fattman-Litlboy (Jim & Deb) that showed a wire going into the back side of the front cap and asked him about it. Here's his response:

"Simple...that's my Ethernet cable for my Wi-Fi. Drill a 1in hole in the cap and using 3/4 in pex tubing (approx 5ft long) with string inside it, push the tubing directly to the front cabinet. Pull out the liner from the cabinet (p/s), find the end of the pex and string, and run your cable through the pex. When you are done, remove the pex, and plug the hole. PJ at Entegra taught me this."

As long as you're willing to use the cabinet in the front cap above the passenger side windshield as your tech cabinet it's pretty easy and this approach has worked well for me. I've seen many installs from the ground with the WifiRanger unit on the batwing antenna mast so that's not a problem. Must use the size PEX specified by Jim for the ethernet plug to go thru, the size used in the coach won't work for this. The way I sealed around the cable entry was inelegant but has worked so far (sealant covered by eternabond tape), but others found a special piece designed for such things (sorry, don't remember where I saw it here). A few photos of my install attached - (Jim's was much neater):

(Click on photos to enlarge)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5089.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	367.7 KB
ID:	203459

Name:	IMG_5090.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	300.9 KB
ID:	203460

Name:	IMG_5086.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	295.1 KB
ID:	203461

Name:	IMG_5093.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	433.9 KB
ID:	203462
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 05:57 AM   #5
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Found a note I kept on that cable entry plate someone (sorry, don't know who) posted here after I'd already installed:

"This is what I used to route the WiFi cables into the back of the vertical wall of the front cap. Liberally sealed with sealant. The plate is called a "cable entry plate". Cost about $5"

If I ever have an issue with my install, I'll find one of these and re-do.

Name:   attachment.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  12.2 KB
Old 05-20-2018, 06:13 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I posted that article about my RFMogul install. I found those cable entry plates on RVUpgrades.com for about $5.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 06:43 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Mounting WiFiRanger and Cell Booster to 2014 Entegra Anthem Roof OTA Antenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbr View Post
Found a note I kept on that cable entry plate someone (sorry, don't know who) posted here after I'd already installed:

"This is what I used to route the WiFi cables into the back of the vertical wall of the front cap. Liberally sealed with sealant. The plate is called a "cable entry plate". Cost about $5"

If I ever have an issue with my install, I'll find one of these and re-do.

Attachment 203466

Thereís also a plate that has slots for 5 cables. Thatís what I used originally since I had multiple coax entries with two satellite feeds and my WFRanger.

I did some original testing of the early WFRanger and wrote a web site about it, WFRanger.wordpress.com. That shows some of my installation but it has been seriously updated since then. No longer use the bullet but have a roof top mounted device.
Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:04 AM   #8
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
I posted that article about my RFMogul install. I found those cable entry plates on RVUpgrades.com for about $5.
Thanks for updating that Dave - I'll update my notes with that credit. I'm not the best about keeping things neat and professional looking so I need to steal good ideas like these when I can.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:35 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Many Thanks

Those are great solutions and I think I can do it myself now.

Thanks to all

Buzz and Robin
bremde is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, anthem, entegra, roof, wifi