Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-16-2022, 01:17 AM   #1

My 2014 AspireDEQ

Well, it managed to come back into our lives. We bought our Apire in 2014 new, we full timed in it for 3 years and sold her off and moved from Tucson to Flagstaff. Well, the owner of her drove her home after waiting 3 years to pick it up and parked it and there she sat. Last week we got a call, you want this thing it's yours, just get it off my property. Drove to Tucson and checked her out. Other than being filled with yuck we cleaned her. She started right up. She has some sun cancer on the back cap, the radio screen won't come on but we filled that aquahot, sanitized the tanks and she seems to basically be exactly as we remember her. So for a free coach we will fix her up. The new owner said he started it once a month and that was about it. Can't wait to enjoy her again. Can I get a new radio and other ods and ends from Entegra stil?l, I'm so out of the loop. Mario and John
Mariol is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2022, 06:27 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
WOW!!! what a deal. A post came up a few weeks ago about replacing the radio with an Android radio. I looked at everything they can do including WAZE and Google Map navigation. Anything that can be done on a smart phone can be done on an Android radio. The one I looked at was at Walmart for $150. Here is one post of the switch.
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/rep...or-436465.html
Add a wifi hot spot while traveling and live traffic and weather is at your fingertips

Your purchases was nicer than mine. My purchaser owned mine for 4 years, called me to tell me how much he enjoyed it and that it sold for almost what he paid for it. My coach became a Crimson Tide tailgater. Daughter graduated so the 14 moved on to it's new home. I like your buyer better
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 06:29 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
That's a hell of a deal....I will give ya $100 for it right now!
Old 01-16-2022, 09:09 AM   #4

So this morning we drained the def, set up an appointment to have the fluids changed, replace the tires because I'm not trusting them because of age and started testing all the systems. One firefly panel seems flakey, the water pump I think needs replaced and swapped out the fan blades on the roof a/c units because they were cracked. For a coach that's been sitting this long and was free the little it's going to cost to unmothball and do all the maintenance on seems well worth it. I'm sure she will need a boatload of attention on her trip to her new home in flag.
Old 01-16-2022, 10:44 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Might check the water pump and see if the clear filter housing (if it has one) is clogged up. (turn off incoming water, relieve the pressure) After sitting that long, any water in the system probably promoted algae growth, and that will clog up that filter-happened to me when I got some bad water while traveling.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 10:50 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by unpilot View Post
That's a hell of a deal....I will give ya $100 for it right now!
I'll give $1000
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 05:04 PM   #7

Mariol, we chased intermittent working interior lights for a year. Rear bath, kitchen lights mostly. Bought new wall switches from Firefly. Ultimately, the problem was the G5 panel. Could have saved myself a few hundred with proper diagnostics. As expensive as it was to replace it, everything works great and as it should.
Welcome back.
Tom
2014 Aspire.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 09:52 PM   #8

Well, we made it back to Flagstaff with the coach. Only one snag from the start, the air bags wouldn't fill to take her to ride height. We raised and lowers the legs a few times the the valve finally started working and it filled. Omg, I had forgotten what a dream she was to drive. She fit like a glove in her new spot. Living downtown flag we were worried about the narrow road in front of our house. She pulled in first go no reverse. It's going to take a few months of us going over things and correcting what needs to be corrected, but omg. We are in seventh heaven with her.. so. We want to sell our 29 foot airstream now and spend that on her upgrades.
Old 01-18-2022, 08:18 AM   #9

Meant to be[emoji3]
Old 01-21-2022, 11:26 PM   #10

We have spent time going over her. To my surprise she's in great shape. My list of items shrunk and grew.

Water pump replaced.

New tan colored slide toppers ordered.

New slide seal for top of kitchen slide installed.

Head unit was fixed after I reflashed the firmware sent by the manufacturer.

Missing hose reel located. The previous owner thought it was leaking and removed it. Stuffed it in a box in the basement. I'll find the leak and fix and reinstall it.

Wet bay. Urgh. The leak he had. Need to rip out all the FRP and particle board and replace with marine grade plywood and new FRP.

Firefly panel, sent the serial number in for the flakey one, they still make them YAY.

Need paint cancer sanded and repainted on top and roof rails.

Need to paint the roof with rustolium top coat and reseal roof to prevent a leak, it's not leaking but want to make sure she's sealed and maintained.

Been reading the forms to see other known common issues that need to be checked out so they don't become a problem. I'm hoping to have her ready to take a late spring trip. It's cold here in Flagstaff, so I'm trying to get all the inside stuff done.
Old 01-22-2022, 04:57 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
On the 14, the roof seam seal was a major problem. https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/sta...id-244908.html

The roof is fiberglass, might think about re-gelcoating it. Gelcoat is not ard to apply.

The hose reel leak was also common, it was the elbow connection in the reel. There was a post where some found replacement parts at Ace Hardware.

Not a bad list for the number of years the coach sat in AZ Sun.
Old 01-22-2022, 09:48 AM   #12

While you are working on inside projects and have the time, go to: https://www.microair.net/

Click on EasyTouch and see if they have your thermostat shown.
Single best upgrade you can do.
Old 01-22-2022, 10:36 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
On the 14, the roof seam seal was a major problem. https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/sta...id-244908.html

The roof is fiberglass, might think about re-gelcoating it. Gelcoat is not ard to apply.

The hose reel leak was also common, it was the elbow connection in the reel. There was a post where some found replacement parts at Ace Hardware.

Not a bad list for the number of years the coach sat in AZ Sun.
If I recall when I was the first owner of this coach Entegra had a crew stop us when we were on a journey to correct a known issue with the roof, I wonder if this is the same issue?
Old 01-22-2022, 11:19 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariol View Post
If I recall when I was the first owner of this coach Entegra had a crew stop us when we were on a journey to correct a known issue with the roof, I wonder if this is the same issue?
That issue was screws that were too short. They were all replaced on the earlier coaches. However they did not replace the terrible seam sealant until 2016. They might have used a better sealat where the screws were replaced, but the sealant is at the age it needs to be replace anyhow. Enternabond is good for 50 years. Do it once and never worry about it again.

I have never done this on a motor home, but have on boats. They make a gel coat called non skid. It is Gel coat with fine ground up walnut shell that stops the decks of boats from being slippery. I have often wonder how that would work on RV roofs, I know it would stop them from being so slippery, but it might also hold the dirt more.