Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2018, 09:34 AM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Ed, Spartan has the wiring in place. The problem is finding 3 wire lights that don't look like truck taillights and are still reflective to meet DOT requirements for side marker lights .
There are a few of us searching.....see the recall post towards the end.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2018, 10:02 AM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Marc

How many commercial tour buses or Greyhound type buses have you seen that do not have mid-ship turn signals....? NONE, right? How many semis with 53' trailers have no mid-ship turn lights? Few! I don't think they are required for safe operation, but they certainly help in heavy traffic.... I am a big believer in people being aware of what you are doing when you are doing it at 62 mph.

Gary
I agree completely.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 10:13 AM   #31

Ed? (Taxman)

Yes, at least on the classics, and I would bet on the new chassies, the turn signal voltage is on a 3 conductor plug that is on the front wall of the drive tire wheel wells on both sides. The outside wires are the ground and the +12 VDC marker light power. The unused center pin, has a green water tight plug in it that needs to be removed, and a wire with pin on the end added to the connector and that center pin was the +12 V turn signal flashing light power. Now, I don't have my 19 coach yet and can't prove the wiring set up on it yet, but I would hazard the guess that it is exactly the same wiring. It took the pins, solder and an iron, and some wire, and a young, nimble, and skinny coach tech to crawl into the space in front of the tires and make the connection. Think I paid the guy an hour pay for doing it. Then I daisy chained that wire and power to the three amber LED lights I installed on the hind-quarter of the Anthem (front of drive axle, between drive and tag, and below the red marker light at the rear corner).

As others have said, I think the issue is finding reflector bright LED lights that look good. Now, I personally don't give a crap about the reflective lights.... if I can get them I will use them, but if they dont' exist, I will go back to the Peterbilt LEDs and add them anyway.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 10:22 AM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnontheroad View Post
When I got my ‘15 Aspire a few weeks ago first thing I did was check all the lights. My front clearance light did blink with the turn signal, but none of the others. And the lights were 2 LED units that were dim and hard to see.

From one of the other forums I found a link for better lights, actually designed for Peterbilt trucks. Bought a bunch of red and amber units, all weather sealed. Changed out all side lights, they are now much more visible. When I get back from a 4 week overseas trip if will add one more on each side, on the fender between the duals and the tag. I’ll wire them into the amber rear turn signal.

I also had 3 top clearance lights that were out, a rear turn signal, and a rear tail light. Now they all light up as required, and needed to pass Texas DOT inspection.

Figure that will help a lot, having lights that you can actually see and side lights that blink with the turn signals.

Johnontheroad,

The wiring you need for the turn signal is in the wheel well where the side marker is connected. You will notice that first connection has three wires coming in and two out to the marker light. That unused wire is the turn signal.
You realize if you connect to rear brake light it will come on with brake lights. Not sure you want this.

Richard
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 10:41 AM   #33

Quote:
Ed? (Taxman)

Yes, at least on the classics, and I would bet on the new chassies, the turn signal voltage is on a 3 conductor plug that is on the front wall of the drive tire wheel wells on both sides. The outside wires are the ground and the +12 VDC marker light power. The unused center pin, has a green water tight plug in it that needs to be removed, and a wire with pin on the end added to the connector and that center pin was the +12 V turn signal flashing light power. Now, I don't have my 19 coach yet and can't prove the wiring set up on it yet, but I would hazard the guess that it is exactly the same wiring. It took the pins, solder and an iron, and some wire, and a young, nimble, and skinny coach tech to crawl into the space in front of the tires and make the connection. Think I paid the guy an hour pay for doing it. Then I daisy chained that wire and power to the three amber LED lights I installed on the hind-quarter of the Anthem (front of drive axle, between drive and tag, and below the red marker light at the rear corner).

As others have said, I think the issue is finding reflector bright LED lights that look good. Now, I personally don't give a crap about the reflective lights.... if I can get them I will use them, but if they dont' exist, I will go back to the Peterbilt LEDs and add them anyway.

Gary
Thanks Gary. I'll check tonight when I get home if it is still daylight out. And Chuck, keep me and others posted if you find the lights that would meet both the government's specs and ours. I see enough trucks out there that have the side markers set to their turn signals for me to think that there is some brand of lights that meets all of our needs.

Ed
Old 04-13-2018, 11:59 AM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
f I can get them I will use them, but if they dont' exist, I will go back to the Peterbilt LEDs and add them anyway.

Gary
Gary, the problem lies that the LED lights don't work 2 way, marker/flasher with the LED wiring on the new models. They will work as turn or marker but not both without 3 wire lights. Magic Carpet tried and they did not work correctly. 3 wire lights found by hdgoldie, Rick are what's needed. Haven't found red ones yet https://www.ebay.com/itm/14x-6-5-LED...-/252710609608

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Chuck, keep me and others posted if you find the lights that would meet both the government's specs and ours. I see enough trucks out there that have the side markers set to their turn signals for me to think that there is some brand of lights that meets all of our needs.
Ed
I don't know if I will be able to find reflective 3 wire lights and I am not really concerned about it. I have been non reflective for a few years now with no problems yet. But people sure know when I am making a lane change and all that I am concerned about. If anyone finds Peterbuilt style 3 wire lights, please post them. Magic Carpet, Jeanne posted the kit with the plugs to make the lights Plug & Play. We are 1/2 way there.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Delphi-Weat...72.m2749.l2649
Old 04-13-2018, 12:13 PM   #35

If we can find three wire lights that are both turn signals and running lights and reflective, then so much the better. However, I had an amber marker light between my drive and tag on my Anthem plus a turn signal only LED light set for the turn signals just a little lower (as I remember). Chuck, you and I and everyone else who did that mod, needed to drill a couple of holes for the new lights, but it was a mod that was well worth the effort.

Its hard to believe that we wont find one LED light that does all of what is required. Are you listening truck parts vendors ?

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 12:18 PM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Gary, if you want to run double lights it will work, but I want single lights and not stacked lights. Coming off the front "bulb" light on the Classic it worked great with a 2 wire light, but will not work with the new LED wiring.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:40 PM   #37

Ed, I refused the mod so I still have blinking side lights, but never the mirrors, at least not on Entegra, My American had blinking mirror lights. They all do things differently.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:59 PM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
They're oval. I'm surprised the marker lights on the mirrors don't blink. That's gotten to be a pretty standard safety feature.

Mine mirror lights blink. Posted a picture late March. They have been blinking since 2015.
TurboDaveTX is offline   Reply With Quote