Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Welcome aboard! I know how frustrating those things can be with a new coach. The first year with the Travel Supreme, I wondered if I had made a mistake. After fixing everything myself, I had no servicing dealer..... the last 9 years have been basically problem free. . TS was fantastic about sending parts and walking me through the repairs and I hear Entegra is even better.

Our purchase this time was with a "servicing" dealer and hopefully we will never need their service, but this time I am going to watch the work being done and enjoy their "happy hour"

Hopefully those here on the forum can help you get through the small fixes and lessen the pain. If the doors you are referring to that keep coming loose, are they the overhead cabinet doors?...There was a post awhile back about epoxying the screws back in ending that problem.

The AM/FM radio could have a loose plug. Lots of wires back there and it is easy for a plug to come loose when a tech is hooking something else up. Might try getting a small flashlight and see if you can find the radio and antenna plugs.

I can't help with the Aquahot, I have never owned one, but I sure would give Entegra CS a call.

Hopefully the next post will be how great everything is working, but don't hesitate to ask if we can help.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2013, 03:23 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyalRV View Post
Diesel only, as the night was spent in a parking lot and the gen was not working... Had the burner switch turned on, and TS was set for HEAT - GAS. Zone 1 and 3 were set up for ~70 degrees. BTW, the gen is now working. They replaced the fuel pump. It wouldn't keep running at first, but then it fired up and kept on going. They shut it off and started it again and all seemed good. I guess it took some time to pick up on the fuel supply to keep running. Hopefully all goes well for the rest of the trip.
I thought the Aqua Hot ran on LP and was a radiant heat not forced air
Gregory0495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:32 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
It's both - radiant heat for Zone 2, forced air on Zones 1 and 3. We can run one or the other or both. We usually do both although, once the floor gets toasty, the forced air is rarely needed.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory0495 View Post
I thought the Aqua Hot ran on LP and was a radiant heat not forced air
It does run on LP unless the 2014 Aspires have changed.
TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #19

Quote:
Diesel only, as the night was spent in a parking lot and the gen was not working...

Had the burner switch turned on, and TS was set for HEAT - GAS. Zone 1 and 3 were set up for ~70 degrees.

BTW, the gen is now working. They replaced the fuel pump. It wouldn't keep running at first, but then it fired up and kept on going. They shut it off and started it again and all seemed good. I guess it took some time to pick up on the fuel supply to keep running.

Hopefully all goes well for the rest of the trip.
I thought the Aspire AquaHot was LP? It sounds like an LP pilot issue to me.
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #20

Should have probably said ignition issue.
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #21

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryO View Post
It does run on LP unless the 2014 Aspires have changed.
Diesel as well as LP, I hope?
Old 11-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Aspire uses LP, not diesel, for Aquahot. Anthem and Cornerstone use diesel.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:50 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Check the LP regulator for the aqua hot. Mine was bad and all the LP leaked out and the tank was empty. It was taken care of right away by a local independent dealer who found the problem. Entegra paid for the service and a new tank of propane. Thanks Joyce. By the way they want bad parts returned to them - I didn't do it but it wasn't an issue. The radio reception is not great on our Aspire but I usually don't listen to it anyway. My wife place her selection of music thru her Samsung Galaxy - no commercials and I hear what I want to hear. I do miss Rush and Hannity as the stations are not held for a long time. I have had no cabinet problems at all. John
Flora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #24

that really sounds like a bad 12dc v ground wire to me every thing working then stop working

think your going to find a wiring errr some where / plug that was not pushed in all the way when installed under a cabinet or some thin g
terry735001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
I meant LP, not diesel. Sorry. I got confused with the problematic generator issue!

We'll give the Aqua Hot another try later to see if it's working properly or not. It won't be needed for the rest of the trip, but it would still be nice to know it's in good working order.
JoyalRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Aspire uses LP, not diesel, for Aquahot. Anthem and Cornerstone use diesel.
Ahhh. I would'nt want that. I hold 130gal of diesel, maybe 28gal of propane.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #27

Quote:
I meant LP, not diesel. Sorry. I got confused with the problematic generator issue!

We'll give the Aqua Hot another try later to see if it's working properly or not. It won't be needed for the rest of the trip, but it would still be nice to know it's in good working order.
Well, it will be needed cause thats your only source of hot water, other than heating it on the stove !
Old 11-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #28

Quote:

2014 Aspire 42RBQ

First real trip other than the one coming home from when the coach was purchased:

- Door hinges keep coming off the doors, no matter how gently you open/close them.

-AM/FM radio randomly loses reception

- Xm radio could not be activated (it somehow started working by itself this morning without me doing anything, i guess my call to CS paid off.)

- Aqua hot was blowing nice, warm air when going to bed last night. This morning, it was around 50 in the coach and nothing was coming out the vents, no hot water either. Hot water came back by itself and some air came through the vents, but not like last night. All switches/settings appear to be OK. So does the Aqua Hot fluid level.

- Generator quit working. Currently sitting at a CumminsOnan facility. They replaced the fuel pump. Now it fires up, but then it dies. They're trying to fix it now...

I sure hope things will stop going wrong and start going right, 'cuz this is definitely not a good start.

Now on to the positive parts:

- This forum is very helpful and I really enjoy browsing it.

- I'm sure good times are coming with our new coach.

- Time for a beer.

The up-opening cabinet door issue is a know issue per Entegra CS. The fix is the epoxy the hinge as the door holder is stronger than the plastic to wood fastener on the hinge. I picked up up my coach today for warranty work and that was the corrective action Entegra gave the technicians.

AM/FM reception, can't help you there. We only use an iPod or stream Pandora plus no commercials.

We have XM and Sirius in our daily cars; we have more issues with XM. It just stops sometimes so we need to call XM customer service for a signal regen.

We have not had any generator or Aquahot issues this far. Well, we did have an Aquahot issue; it stopped working. I set the Aquahot on electric, set the thermostat on gas. Checked the coach in the morning and the Aquahot was off and cold in the coach (fortunately, I winterized the coach too). I found that when I exited the coach the night before, I pressed the all-off power button by the door, thus turning off the Aquahot....

There are some awesome people at Entegra that all work to resolve your issues.

Now, I'm off to get ready for my Thanksgiving trip!!!!!
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote