Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2020, 11:08 AM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
My new 2021 Cornerstone 45B

Lat week I picked up my new 2021 Cornerstone 45B in Alvarado, TX. It was a five days trip back to Park City, UT, during which time I had time to form a first impression of this coach.

Regarding the dealer, I had a very positive impression of my sale coordinator, Justin. He came to greet me on his day off and continued to support my wishes during the two days I was on their lot. The demonstration part was just OK, but I did not need much, since I already had six years experience on my 2014 Anthem 42RBQ, which I traded in. That Anthem was a great coach. All together I would not discourage anybody to buy from MHSRV, but I do not know much about their service department, and, of course I will not use them given the distance.

Regarding the coach.

Things I liked a lot;

1. Looks. It is gorgeous.
2.The way it drives. Very stable. Straight as an arrow. No need of the tiny corrections I had to do in the Anthem especially with winds. This one, does not need any corrections at all. Also very quiet.

Things that are not working or are just missing in this coach:

1. Big time leak in toilet in small bath.
2.Small Vega screen in wet bay quit the second day of the trip. Luckily, Entegra and Firefly are taking care of it and they are sending me a new screen, since telephone troubleshooting has determined that the screen is bad. The Firefly representative told me that this is the first screen that they have seen going bad so soon. Anybody knows differently?
3. Day shade over kitchen window has not been trained. When called down it extends for its entire considerable length, and goes back up completely without stopping. So, I cannot keep it down.
4. Living room TV does not recognize CG cable signal. I tried all campgrounds I have stopped in. The same is for the bedroom TV, which also does not see the signal from the DVD blue ray.
5. Vega touch system is a little flaky. I do not know if sensitivity to touch can be adjusted, but most times it takes two or three touches to have it respond. Also it gives often the wrong alert about a full black tank, when it is actually almost empty.
6. When not on shore power, the microwave goes crazy, loses the clock and seems to cycle. I understand that the problem could be solved by adjusting the search watt to "0", but I do not know how to do it yet. Any suggestions?
7.The kitchen extension and several drawers open when on curvy terrain. The same for the bedroom TV.
8.The doors to the wet bay and to the small space under the driver seat need a lot of force to be closed.
9. When putting the alarm with the FOB, it start screaming after ten seconds. So, no alarm when going to bed, just close the door manually.
10. Fuel cannot be dispensed from the driver side. It stops almost immediately after pulling the trigger. Entegra suggested I raise the vent hose over the fuel hose a little bid, but it did not solve the problem. I think the vent hose s too long and makes a definite "S" when going towards the tank. Fuel may be stagnating in the lower parts of the S and impedes air to come out. Anybody has any suggestions? This is very annoying and frustrating.
11.I like the electric little driver window, however we lost the screen. Also the kitchen window has no screen. Flies come inside unimpeded. Those screens would allow to open those windows for cross ventilation.
12. An AD video had touted the TPMS as standard in the Cornerstone 2021, however they did not say it is only on the front tires. The other 6 tires are unmonitored.
13. I miss my CD player badly. We used to listen to our CD collection when traveling, but not any longer. Are CDs that old fashioned? Anybody knows if it is possible to hook up a small CD player to the sound system?

When everything is considered, the positives well outweigh the negatives in this coach. I am very happy I made the transition. The way it drives, trumps everything else. As always, it is very comforting to know that Entegra will always have your back.

If anybody has suggestions regarding the things I mentioned not working, they would be most appreciated.

Thank you.
Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2020, 11:24 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post
Lat week I picked up my new 2021 Cornerstone 45B in Alvarado, TX. It was a five days trip back to Park City, UT, during which time I had time to form a first impression of this coach.

Regarding the dealer, I had a very positive impression of my sale coordinator, Justin. He came to greet me on his day off and continued to support my wishes during the two days I was on their lot. The demonstration part was just OK, but I did not need much, since I already had six years experience on my 2014 Anthem 42RBQ, which I traded in. That Anthem was a great coach. All together I would not discourage anybody to buy from MHSRV, but I do not know much about their service department, and, of course I will not use them given the distance.

Regarding the coach.

Things I liked a lot;

1. Looks. It is gorgeous.
2.The way it drives. Very stable. Straight as an arrow. No need of the tiny corrections I had to do in the Anthem especially with winds. This one, does not need any corrections at all. Also very quiet.

Things that are not working or are just missing in this coach:

1. Big time leak in toilet in small bath.
2.Small Vega screen in wet bay quit the second day of the trip. Luckily, Entegra and Firefly are taking care of it and they are sending me a new screen, since telephone troubleshooting has determined that the screen is bad. The Firefly representative told me that this is the first screen that they have seen going bad so soon. Anybody knows differently?
3. Day shade over kitchen window has not been trained. When called down it extends for its entire considerable length, and goes back up completely without stopping. So, I cannot keep it down.
4. Living room TV does not recognize CG cable signal. I tried all campgrounds I have stopped in. The same is for the bedroom TV, which also does not see the signal from the DVD blue ray.
5. Vega touch system is a little flaky. I do not know if sensitivity to touch can be adjusted, but most times it takes two or three touches to have it respond. Also it gives often the wrong alert about a full black tank, when it is actually almost empty.
6. When not on shore power, the microwave goes crazy, loses the clock and seems to cycle. I understand that the problem could be solved by adjusting the search watt to "0", but I do not know how to do it yet. Any suggestions?
7.The kitchen extension and several drawers open when on curvy terrain. The same for the bedroom TV.
8.The doors to the wet bay and to the small space under the driver seat need a lot of force to be closed.
9. When putting the alarm with the FOB, it start screaming after ten seconds. So, no alarm when going to bed, just close the door manually.
10. Fuel cannot be dispensed from the driver side. It stops almost immediately after pulling the trigger. Entegra suggested I raise the vent hose over the fuel hose a little bid, but it did not solve the problem. I think the vent hose s too long and makes a definite "S" when going towards the tank. Fuel may be stagnating in the lower parts of the S and impedes air to come out. Anybody has any suggestions? This is very annoying and frustrating.
11.I like the electric little driver window, however we lost the screen. Also the kitchen window has no screen. Flies come inside unimpeded. Those screens would allow to open those windows for cross ventilation.
12. An AD video had touted the TPMS as standard in the Cornerstone 2021, however they did not say it is only on the front tires. The other 6 tires are unmonitored.
13. I miss my CD player badly. We used to listen to our CD collection when traveling, but not any longer. Are CDs that old fashioned? Anybody knows if it is possible to hook up a small CD player to the sound system?

When everything is considered, the positives well outweigh the negatives in this coach. I am very happy I made the transition. The way it drives, trumps everything else. As always, it is very comforting to know that Entegra will always have your back.

If anybody has suggestions regarding the things I mentioned not working, they would be most appreciated.

Thank you.
I also have the vent problem on mine. They’ve tried to fix it once and failed so I suspect the tank needs dropped. What I do in the mean time is take the cap off on the passenger side before I start fueling on drivers side. I can then fuel with nozzle wide open until it clicks off. I then go over on passenger side and reinstall the cap while the foam settles. Then I go back to drivers side and top off a little more. Works fine that way, but shouldn’t have to do that. Just loosening passenger side cap doesn’t work, you have to take it off.

As far as the TPMS all the tires should be on it. Obviously MHSRV didn’t do a very good preflight on your Mh.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 11:51 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
6. Press inverter button on Vegatouch and hold until inverter setting screen comes up. There you will see search watts. Change it to 0.
B-Man49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 11:54 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
My new 2021 Cornerstone 45B

4. Make sure your Razor Automatic amplifier is turned off over the door. Also matrix switch is on the correct settings for each tv.
B-Man49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 12:27 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
You do have TPMS on all tires. Whether or not they are working is another story! Not the most reliable thing on your coach! You should be able to use a CD player with a USB adapter or download your cd collection onto a iPod or similar device. That’s what we did a while back and you can then weed out the not so great tracks!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 02:48 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Passing on what I have learned:

#1 on my 19 I had to pull the toilet. Two problems, bad bowl casting and the seals were not properly installed. A new toilet was sent.

#2 from your post I checked mine, it is not turning off and no touch screen reading.

#3. I adjusted my front shades to my liking at NIRVC, it's pretty simple. They went over all of the shades during the PDI

#4 Open the entertainment center door and see what the matrix is set on for each TV. Change to the source you want for each TV

#5 the Vega Touch is not as sensitive as my 19, but I am getting use to it. Make sure to have good contact with the pad of your finger helps.

#6 setting the battery to 0 should solve the problem

#7. I adjusted all of the door latch strikers. The ones that are to tight, squeeze the pointed strikers closed a little bit where it flares out. The one that are too loose, spread them out a with a screw driver little to tighten them up in the rollers. I used a Phillips. My pantry had one roller part of the latch that was an inch off from making contact with the striker.

#8. NIRVC spent a day adjusting my basement door latches, they were terrible from the factory.

#9 No help, I never use the alarm.

#10 have not experienced that problem

#11. I think the new toll window is a joke, I'll let it go at that.

#12. The TPMS is another joke, JME with the 19 and the 21. Neither one of mine have been set properly from the factory.

Hope that helps, seems most could have been done at the dealer.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 03:49 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
I would like to thank everyone who responded to my thread. I can see that many of the problems are common to a few people. Please keep sending your opinions. I like this coach, but it needs some attention. I do not know if I have the courage to pull that toilet. I am not as handy as many of you, and I am afraid to make things worse. I'll see.
Regarding the TVs, I am not sure what is the matrix. If it is the little black box with little round red lights with areas for different TVs, I do not see the choice "Cable" like I had in my Anthem. Is it perhaps labeled differently from Cable?
Thanks
Old 10-07-2020, 04:08 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Call Thetford on the toilet. They are very good a troubleshooting over the phone. Also remember you are under warranty and mobile service is available. Very common in my area with the number of RV's and boats that have Thetford toilets.

See if there is instructions for the matrix is in the bag of books or the Entegra owners manual. I saw it in one of them.

I am from the school, I can't break it if it's already broken
Old 10-07-2020, 04:09 PM   #9

No fueling issues on mine, thankfully. All my doors close hard, but like Chuck said, that's as simple and adjusting the strike latches. I will tackle that this weekend.

My problems are a leaking secondary air tank, lost 70lb is 12 hours. Now noticing a hydraulic leak from the jack manifold forward of the freezer bay.

Otherwise everything is working as intended.

Congrats on the new CSB!
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 05:36 PM   #10

For your number 4 are you turning the razor, over the air antenna, off when you’re trying to use cable. You will not get cable if the razor antenna is on.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 08:09 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
If you are referring to the Winegard little black box above the door, yes, I was told to turn that off if I wanted to connect to cable, Still the cable option is not present on the TV screen when you look for sources, or on the black box with the little round lights. No cable option seems to be present.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:35 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post
If you are referring to the Winegard little black box above the door, yes, I was told to turn that off if I wanted to connect to cable, Still the cable option is not present on the TV screen when you look for sources, or on the black box with the little round lights. No cable option seems to be present.

Did you scan for channels and select cable as source? Also know that some older cable systems do not have digital format and require a special box. Check with others using the cable system to see if they have issues and how they do it. Matrix does not have a cable selection, just put matrix on same selection as over the air TV.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 06:53 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Mauro, just to help others, reading you post again it seems like many things were missed on the PDI. When it was mentioned that you already knew Entegras trading one in, they probably blew over a many items. When I picked up my 21 I asked them to only go over the new features for 21. A few items they were going to pass over as well thinking I had them on my 19 when they were not.

We spent a lot of time on the new systems and we all learned a lot. Mine was one of the first 21's delivered, so KJ, Justin and myself all got a good education how everything new worked. Spending 4 days that turned into a week at the dealer, all items were taken care of before I left. Some I did waiting for a service bay to open. It was a great learning experience and I had fun while expert help was there to assist. I am still learning this new coach and some of the different systems. If there is anything else, please post, it's helping me learn my 21 as well.
Old 10-08-2020, 07:27 AM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Did you scan for channels and select cable as source? Also know that some older cable systems do not have digital format and require a special box. Check with others using the cable system to see if they have issues and how they do it. Matrix does not have a cable selection, just put matrix on same selection as over the air TV.
I hope the problem will be solved in a couple of weeks when I will be at campground in Moab, During that time I will have a three way conversation with Owen at Entegra and representatives of Riverpark. The problem is that I do not have a way to scan for cable channels because the choice of Cable is not offered. And if I scan all channel on the air choice I only get the local over the air channels. No cable channels at all. Hopefully, by talking to them the issue will be solved, and I will post their solution.
Thank you.