Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2016, 01:01 PM   #43

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyOutlaw View Post
Exactly. I did call CS and basically got the same answer as the dealer told me. Full disclosure is a must here, for sure.

I don't get the feeling the dealer is holding anything back. Seems that would just cause them more issues down the road if I ever found out different than what they told me.

Based on the conversation I had with CS the reason for the buy back is above his pay grade but there was nothing else in the file on this coach about major issues except for the AC unit.

Another logistic issue I'm facing is the coach is in Buffalo, we are currently near Albuquerque. Place a deposit, drive my rv to Buffalo to look at the Anthem, find any reason then not to go through with the deal and drive back to ABQ. Thats a lot of time and gas money for nothing.
Alvarado, TX is a whole lot closer! Just sayin....
Cranemec is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2016, 01:32 PM   #44

I asked the salesman if it's possible to get me the contact info on the previous owner. Waiting for a reply. My parents recently bought a used Monaco and were able to get the previous owners info and had several conversations with him about their coach.

Figured it's worth a try. We'll see
Old 12-20-2016, 02:05 PM   #45

IMHO this coach would NOT remain on my interest list !

However if you for your own reasons you still are very interested then I would tell the salesman you want to speak directly to ( assume this is RVONE ) Mark Strollo and tell him you expect full disclosure as to why Entegra did a buy back and what was done to correct the issues and that without those honest answers you will not consider purchasing.

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:15 PM   #46

Tim, I was just at Buffalo RV yesterday. Did they say the coach is in Buffalo right now? If so, you should be able to get pictures of it from the salesman. I would probably invest in a flight from NM to Buffalo for an expenditure of this size. SW has some relatively cheap flights and our airport has been voted the second in the US on customer satisfaction.
Old 12-20-2016, 03:05 PM   #47

Spoke with sales manager and they don't have previous owner information. He said coach is still in Middlebury. So if I push hard enough I might get them to deliver it to Des Moines

He said his concern about the buy back for an AC unit concerned him. The rest of the story is the unit failed twice and was replaced, then it failed a third time and the owner forced the buy back. The AC unit and control module for it were replaced at that time. So 3 AC units and 1 control module along with a mystery odor that no ones knows anything about.

That's all he knows and I don't have a reason to believe they are hiding anything from me.

If I make an offer on it I may include airfare to see the coach and make the final decision on it. Deposit is refundable but I do not want to drive to Buffalo in January only to back out of the deal, get my deposit back and drive back to New Mexico. No bueno.

Now trying to decide if I should even make an offer..........
Old 12-20-2016, 03:53 PM   #48

I don't buy the story that it went back to Middlebury for just an a/c replacement. The "mystery odor" would be something that it would go back to the factory for though. Like Brobox said, some type of water intrusion could have caused mold and mildew. The walls are aluminum with a wall board interior and the floor is mostly marine grade plywood. But mold doesn't live just on wood. I'd keep shopping. Plenty of good deals to be had out there.
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 04:31 PM   #49

Well I made a very low ball offer and am waiting on the manager to decide or counter. I have a limit and will not go past it so if they can;t work with me now I'm fine moving along.

My actual plan was to wait about another year and I'm fine sticking with that plan. I just felt the need to pursue this one for a bit.

Thanks for al the input. Very helpful
Old 12-20-2016, 06:42 PM   #50

Freightliner Owners Club
I just don't get why you are "stuck" on this coach. With the known issues come probably more unknown issues. Plus the asking price of at least 25-30k more than it is worth.
There are other comparable coaches out there, cheaper and closer to you.

Good luck. Make sure your eyes are always wide open. Walk if anything doesn't seem right.
Old 12-21-2016, 08:59 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranemec View Post
I just don't get why you are "stuck" on this coach. With the known issues come probably more unknown issues. Plus the asking price of at least 25-30k more than it is worth.
There are other comparable coaches out there, cheaper and closer to you.

Good luck. Make sure your eyes are always wide open. Walk if anything doesn't seem right.
Don't have a good answer for you.......

I offered them $240000 and they passed, then they called me and I told them I wasn't comfortable going any higher considering the coaches history. They are sleeping on it but I don't expect their answer to change.

It's not that I'm stuck on this one, I just figured if I could get a good deal and more warranty (which they did agree to) I should consider it. Found a number I was comfortable with and stuck to it.

I'm more than fine walking away and next year ordering the exact coach I want.

I do appreciate your input tho.
Old 12-21-2016, 09:09 AM   #52

Tim, that sounds like precisely the attitude to have.

It sounds to me, as if you're well positioned either way.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 03:47 PM   #53

Entegra Owners Club
Tim,
We were buying an 2015 Anthem 44SL from Albany RV, which was coming from Buffalo RV with about 17 to 20K for miles. There was a problem with the '17 Cornerstone that was replacing it. The trade-in was to be in Sept. but has moved to Feb. which didn't work for us. The price was 259 with a very fair trade-in price for our MH. You might want to ask them about that one.
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 03:55 PM   #54

Entegra Owners Club
Tim, watching the posts, I think you made a wise decision on a "buy back" coach. JMO
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 04:24 PM   #55

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyOutlaw View Post
Don't have a good answer for you.......

I offered them $240000 and they passed, then they called me and I told them I wasn't comfortable going any higher considering the coaches history. They are sleeping on it but I don't expect their answer to change.

It's not that I'm stuck on this one, I just figured if I could get a good deal and more warranty (which they did agree to) I should consider it. Found a number I was comfortable with and stuck to it.

I'm more than fine walking away and next year ordering the exact coach I want.

I do appreciate your input tho.
Fair enough and I get it. We went in to our American Coach the same. It was 2 year old stock, brand new and we got such an awesome deal we couldn't pass. It certainly sped up buying a DP by a couple of years. Lol.

Good luck. Entegras are a mighty fine coach.
Old 12-21-2016, 05:33 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Ed View Post
Tim,
We were buying an 2015 Anthem 44SL from Albany RV, which was coming from Buffalo RV with about 17 to 20K for miles. There was a problem with the '17 Cornerstone that was replacing it. The trade-in was to be in Sept. but has moved to Feb. which didn't work for us. The price was 259 with a very fair trade-in price for our MH. You might want to ask them about that one.
Appreciate that but the B floor plan is what we want.

Tags
advice