Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2017, 05:57 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Need Evens Tempcon Service In Traverse City

Does anyone know of a good Evens Tempcon service in Traverse City MI?
Leaving for 100 degree FL today and the dash A/C compressor seized up backing out of the RV site this morning. Sure could use a referral
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2017, 06:48 PM   #2

Chuck, if you are heading south on 131 the Entegra dealer in Grand Rapids, MI is just minutes east of 131. There is also a Cummins-Bridgeway in Grand Rapids about 10 minutes north of the Entegra dealer. The dealer in Grand Rapids just did the inverter R&R on our coach. It is "Motor Homes to Go". (616) 301-6923. Service Manager is Gene Haywood ask for him when the receptionist answers. Gene was very helpful and accommodating. Alternative contact is Tripp. either can work the shop to get you in if possible. They are very close to the Cummins-Bridgeway shop which is also an excellent place in my experience. (616) 538-2250. Brian is the service guy that helped us last.

Make sure they put a new accumulator on when they replace the compressor and flush the lines out.

Of course you know where Spartan is at should you want to jog over that way. They did the compressor on our coach the first time it failed and replaced the accumulator several months ago.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:58 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Al. thank you for responding. I was going to PM you, now others can see the information you posted. Thank you! Which one would you recommend to replace the compressor and accumulator?
Old 09-22-2017, 08:06 PM   #4
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
I had some work done by Grand Traverse Diesel Service in Traverse City when I was up there a couple of years ago and they were very professional. Don’t know if they’ll work on your A/C but at least another possible option
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 05:19 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck, there is a company called Just Trucks in Traverse City who takes care of many RV’s based at Hearthside Grove. Despite their name, they are also an RV dealer and repair center and can fix just about anything on an RV. I have not had any direct experience with them but have heard very good recommendations from my neighbors.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 05:37 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Marc, that was the name given to me here at the office last night, I will be calling them, this morning.

Ron, thanks for that name as well and the good words on them. At all helps when your down with a problem and don't know the area.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:37 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck,
Our AC wasn't blowing cold when we went to the Spartan Advanced class this summer. Spartan in Charlotte actually fixed it - several hoses were leaking and also the compressor was shot. Wasn't under warranty, but they did do a great job finding the problem and solving it. fyi .... and if you can't get the ac fixed on your way home, run the generator and overhead a/c's when you need it. That's what we did when ours wasn't working. Safe travels, Lynn
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 05:51 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
Chuck,
Our AC wasn't blowing cold when we went to the Spartan Advanced class this summer. Spartan in Charlotte actually fixed it - several hoses were leaking and also the compressor was shot. Wasn't under warranty, but they did do a great job finding the problem and solving it. fyi .... and if you can't get the ac fixed on your way home, run the generator and overhead a/c's when you need it. That's what we did when ours wasn't working. Safe travels, Lynn
Thanks Lynn, been there done that with the overhead A/C and generator last year coming home from Entegra. It was OK, but still uncomfortable when we got to FL. I am worried that Spartan couldn't get me in without an appointment far in advance, but they are on the list as is Entegra, if I can't get local service. Thanks for the advice.
Old 09-23-2017, 08:35 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for all the help, Al with his technical coaching on what needs to be replaced and the procedure. Marc for saying Just Trucks was allowed in Hearthside, if they weren't good, they would probably not be allowed back. Also Traverse Bay RV Resort recommends them as well.

I made the call on Saturday morning, they service Evens Tempcon and have parts in stock. Compressor will be there at 7 AM Monday morning. They got right on it which I was very thankful for being a weekend. I was not told to call back Monday, the recording gave a weekend/mobile number.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:01 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck,
There is a good Cummins service center in Grand Rapids, MI (616-538-2250), they have separate service bays just for RV's, that's also on your way south.

I had my dash A/C worked on at Entegra, they brought in an A/C vendor to repair my uniit, the guy was good! It has "NEVER" cooled or worked better than it does now!! 👍
AlKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 09:44 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Al, that was the same Cummins dealer jestal recommended. Just Trucks is also Cherry Capitol RV. We have an appointment for Monday morning. Hopefully they will be as successful as the Cummins service center in Grand Rapids. We are going to drive by today and look at their facilities. The A/C going out every year is getting old.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:44 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Chuck

My 14 classic , same build week as yours, has had about 6 dash AC bandaid fixes. Finally the compressor quit and had it replaced. So far so good. I think those months had the "B" or "C" team assembling the AC systems at Entegra combined with a batch of bad compressors. Hopefully this will fix you. Make sure they flush any debris out and add oil to the system when they rebuild it.

I don't know how to flush it or how much oil to add back but I'm sure a Gary (NowaBeachBum) could tell you. For sure don't let them over service your Freon. Yours takes 2.5-3.0 lbs.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:57 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
Chuck

My 14 classic , same build week as yours, has had about 6 dash AC bandaid fixes. Finally the compressor quit and had it replaced. So far so good. I think those months had the "B" or "C" team assembling the AC systems at Entegra combined with a batch of bad compressors. Hopefully this will fix you. Make sure they flush any debris out and add oil to the system when they rebuild it.

I don't know how to flush it or how much oil to add back but I'm sure a Gary (NowaBeachBum) could tell you. For sure don't let them over service your Freon. Yours takes 2.5-3.0 lbs.
Thanks for the info Dave. I hope the compressor gets this over and done with too. My unit takes 2.5 lbs of R134. I have already been that route too. The oil on the compressor label state 200cc's I also told them I wanted it flushed and the accumulator changed. Do it right!
I can't believe it is so hard to keep these A/C working.
Old 09-23-2017, 03:01 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
And don't forget Chuck, Grand Rapids is Evans headquarters!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service