Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2020, 12:36 AM   #141

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The unit we were looking at is still on the lot, and has been there a long time. We ran through it after doing the Tampa show in January. I had dealt with another branch of this same dealership for the purchase of our current coach, so i reached out to the salesman i had worked with before. I haven't seen the coach since Jan, but remembered on our walk through that there were many minor repairs needing done as result of the exposure to lookie lou's. I also know that till CV19 shut them down, the coach was making the show rounds as the dealership tried to move it. On balance, even with a phenomenal deal, this is still a big $ purchase. I don't want to spend this kind of coin and not feel like I purchased what I really wanted. Not saying I still won't keep working the numbers, but I will do so with more awareness of the pitfalls for sure.
New2road is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2020, 07:42 AM   #142

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
"New old stock" can be a great purchase. Unfortunately, a lot of it is down to luck. We were lucky. Ray has obviously had pretty much the opposite experience. Most people will probably be somewhere in between.

If you are still serious about that '19, you might want to hire an independent mechanic and have him give it a thorough inspection. Basically, treat it like it's used (because in a very real sense it is used). The tech should also be able to give you an idea of how difficult those problems will be to fix.
schad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 10:17 PM   #143

Spartan is being a PITA about tire monitors. First they told the tire dealer that they would have to buy the sensor. Then they said they had no record. Next they claim to run to another service shop for TSB that's already been done. Volar sent me a tool to check sensors directly. Then they said that they won't pay more than $30 per tire to change them out. Now they said they will call the tire store. WTH? 2 months wasted so far on this issue.
Ray Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 10:00 PM   #144

Hit a milestone Friday. All 6 Recalls and TSB are done. Now if I can get the rest fixed.

New problem Whirlpool fridge freezer. The freezer door cracks open causing frost to form and door open beeping sound. It cracks open on the left side as the latch is on the right side. The freezer door gasket don't seem to have much contact at the top
Old 10-06-2020, 10:27 PM   #145

I finally got the Winegard converted to Dish and got a Wally programed to it pulling teeth with tech support. Dish sent me a old box with old software in it. Everything had to be programed manually and then it was able to do software update. Of course Dish have me climbing on the roof dozen of times until Winegard told me that the dish box is a brick.
Old 10-07-2020, 05:57 AM   #146

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Huffman View Post
I finally got the Winegard converted to Dish and got a Wally programed to it pulling teeth with tech support. Dish sent me a old box with old software in it. Everything had to be programed manually and then it was able to do software update. Of course Dish have me climbing on the roof dozen of times until Winegard told me that the dish box is a brick.
I know it's too late on yours, but for others reference. I did not have a Winegard installed on the 21 due to poor customer service and the difficulty to work on as you experienced. I moved to an RF Mogul, great system. After seeing mine, NIRVC was checking on becoming a distributor. I don't if that happened yet, I need to call and find out.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 02:32 PM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I know it's too late on yours, but for others reference. I did not have a Winegard installed on the 21 due to poor customer service and the difficulty to work on as you experienced. I moved to an RF Mogul, great system. After seeing mine, NIRVC was checking on becoming a distributor. I don't if that happened yet, I need to call and find out.
It was difficult to install the receiver but the dish conversion was smooth. Winegard CS was great and pointed out the bad CS I was getting from Dish. It was only then that Dish CS was willing to work with me. Now it is working
Old 10-07-2020, 02:37 PM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2road View Post
The unit we were looking at is still on the lot, and has been there a long time. We ran through it after doing the Tampa show in January. I had dealt with another branch of this same dealership for the purchase of our current coach, so i reached out to the salesman i had worked with before. I haven't seen the coach since Jan, but remembered on our walk through that there were many minor repairs needing done as result of the exposure to lookie lou's. I also know that till CV19 shut them down, the coach was making the show rounds as the dealership tried to move it. On balance, even with a phenomenal deal, this is still a big $ purchase. I don't want to spend this kind of coin and not feel like I purchased what I really wanted. Not saying I still won't keep working the numbers, but I will do so with more awareness of the pitfalls for sure.
For what one person's advice is worth, RUN!!
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 03:48 PM   #149

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Huffman View Post
Sorry I misunderstood. I received an email from DISH about the manual update for the Wally with instructions, so I didn't experience the change over problem.
Old 10-08-2020, 03:51 AM   #150

Quote:

I would like to know more as I have not picked a provider yet. Hell, I can’t seem to work any of the audio visual stuff on this 2019 Anthem.
Prairie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 05:48 AM   #151

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Dog View Post
I would like to know more as I have not picked a provider yet. Hell, I can’t seem to work any of the audio visual stuff on this 2019 Anthem.
I have had the best customer service with DISH, tried Direct once, wasn't my type of company, stole $400 from me an would not refund it. As for the AV equipment in the 19, for me is was many trips to the basement to change the matrix to the right function. Rarely could I get the remote to work, or I didn't have the patients for the long delay of about 30 seconds. After the fact, I leaned from Nowabeachbum that it can all be done on the Vega Touch without going downstairs.
Old 10-08-2020, 05:52 AM   #152

Quote:
I have had the best customer service with DISH, tried Direct once, wasn't my type of company, stole $400 from me an would not refund it. As for the AV equipment in the 19, for me is was many trips to the basement to change the matrix to the right function. Rarely could I get the remote to work, or I didn't have the patients for the long delay of about 30 seconds. After the fact, I leaned from Nowabeachbum that it can all be done on the Vega Touch without going downstairs.

On Vega? Interesting, I will look at that
Prairie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 05:52 AM   #153

Bill

Dont be too concerned. I have had my 19 Cornerstone now for almost 2.5 years and I have never had a lot of success with the AV set up in the coach. Here is my opinion on much of it.

I have found the VegaTouch control of the AV system to be almost worthless. And the remote control ability from my phone or an iPad is far more trouble than it is worth. And I have been dealing with electronics, circuits, and rubber banding my laboratory together electronically without a EE since 1972. And I am largely baffled about how this stuff is supposed to be convenient and efficient. To cut to the bait, I am lucky in that I virtually never use the front overhead television (why would I unless the wife wanted to see the GPS overhead (she has her own GPS and we dont watch TV traveling down the road)), the bedroom television (we are "old time".... we use the bed for sleeping). We just don't need to watch television or read in bed. If we want to watch television that is done in the "living room", and it seems that except for an occasional Penn State football game tail gating, we never use the outside television either. We are night owls, and rarely are we in a situation where watching TV outside at 10 pm is acceptable to our neighbors. Soooooooooo, we have the remotes for the Bose, the Main TV, and the Dish Hopper III sitting on the arm of the theater seats, and we use those to control everything and bypass all the supposedly "integrated" electronics associated with the VegaTouch system.

Now, if I ever needed to watch TV on something else (unlikely as it is), my MATRIX (boy that is a gem!) is located in the basement on my coach, and I find that the easiest and best way to switch TVs is simply to crawl into the basement and operate the controls on the MATRIX (?great piece of gear?) manually.

Since our needs are pretty basic, we have found that ignoring all the electronic integration of the Vegatouch system is superfluous. I have worked on it for hours and had it all working pretty well, and then something would stop working and I would spend more hours trying to get it working again, and when this happened 4 or 5 times, we just gave up and used individual remote controls. When I finally get to my 2 year PDI, I am going to expect them to try to get it all working well again, but I am not holding my breath.

Just my experience with my coach.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 12:44 PM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
...my MATRIX (boy that is a gem!) is located in the basement on my coach, and I find that the easiest and best way to switch TVs is simply to crawl into the basement and operate the controls on the MATRIX (?great piece of gear?) manually.
I came to the same conclusion early on and have saved myself a lot of brain damage and frustration as a result!
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote