Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2020, 11:33 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
thank you! J.h. I talked with ted cook just before the reopening and my coach was sitting in undercoating ready to go to paint. It might be back by the 26th? If you hear anything, that would be great too.
👍👍👍
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2020, 08:09 AM   #72

Paul Everett's is absolutely the biggest bunch of crooks in the business, they lie, cheat, and steal
Billboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 03:46 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Entegra will stand behind it, that's a fact, I just ordered my third.
We did also for the reasons stated
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 11:46 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billboard View Post
Paul Everett's is absolutely the biggest bunch of crooks in the business, they lie, cheat, and steal
They are dealers, that's what they supposed to do. We are supposed to try to beat them at their game but you know they will win in the end.
Ray Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 11:53 PM   #75

We have our coach back and still waiting on a few parts that was hard to get doing this pandemic. Recalls and a few little things.

We are going to take it out for it's maiden shake down this long coming weekend, Friday till Monday.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:15 AM   #76

Ray, you're entire process is like turning a supertanker, slow response to the helm but it's turning towards your desired course and satisfaction. Got to be exciting, hoping you find very little more.
S.LANGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 09:31 PM   #77

Finally got it out for the shake down and it went mostly well with a few items that needs attention or got attention.

The folding entry door overhead stop is loose and hitting the screen door. It also rattles when driving. Looks like the ribits where the arm moves not the screw attachment.

The tire pressure monitor sensors won't come up on 1 rear and one tag tire. Also the left rear inner tire alarm goes off at 97 psi when cruising at highway speed. I think system is set a little too sensitive.

I went to Home Depot and replaced a non working door stop on the front restroom and the shower head in the rear bath. The shower head had no shutoff and poor spray. I also installed a hidden hook and eye latch to keep the bedroom TV door from swinging wide open while driving.

Hopefully I will get all the bugs out before next time.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:55 AM   #78

Ray

The tire pressures cant really be set accurately until you have the coach fully loaded in your "normal" way of traveling. They should know how a bare coach should be set (given the load) but you are going to have to have both the tire pressures and the baselines reset once you have the coach loaded to the level that it will be when you usually travel. There is a lot of reasonable play in everything once you have it appropriately set for your loads.

Also, there is a national notice that the Valor antenna needs to be moved to a different location or it will occassionally "drop" one of the tires on the coach or on the toad. You will find, I think, that it is not uncommon for the system to not "see" several of the tires until you actually start rolling down the road, and then as soon as there is rotation on the tires, at least that is the way my system works.

In the past ~ 26,000 miles, I have not had a false alarm trigger on either the coach or the toad. I have become very satisfied with the system although I had a lot of concerns 2 years ago (almost exactly 2 years ago today) that I picked up and drove the coach for the first time.

And congrats on the new coach !!

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:02 AM   #79

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Ray,
WRT the overhead door stop rattling while driving. You can stop the rattling by placing a piece of Velcro on the top of the door at the point where the end of the folding piece ends up when the door is closed. This stopped our rattle.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:37 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Ray

The tire pressures cant really be set accurately until you have the coach fully loaded in your "normal" way of traveling. They should know how a bare coach should be set (given the load) but you are going to have to have both the tire pressures and the baselines reset once you have the coach loaded to the level that it will be when you usually travel. There is a lot of reasonable play in everything once you have it appropriately set for your loads.

Also, there is a national notice that the Valor antenna needs to be moved to a different location or it will occassionally "drop" one of the tires on the coach or on the toad. You will find, I think, that it is not uncommon for the system to not "see" several of the tires until you actually start rolling down the road, and then as soon as there is rotation on the tires, at least that is the way my system works.

In the past ~ 26,000 miles, I have not had a false alarm trigger on either the coach or the toad. I have become very satisfied with the system although I had a lot of concerns 2 years ago (almost exactly 2 years ago today) that I picked up and drove the coach for the first time.

And congrats on the new coach !!

Gary
The two that has dropped out did not come back on for the entire 372 mile trip. Maybe the antenna needs to be moved and try again. I don't have any idea how to do that.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:40 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grower15 View Post
Ray,
WRT the overhead door stop rattling while driving. You can stop the rattling by placing a piece of Velcro on the top of the door at the point where the end of the folding piece ends up when the door is closed. This stopped our rattle.
Thanks, that sounds like a fix for the rattle. Does the folding arm hang down on your coach? Do I somehow tighten the ribits or bend it upwards.
Old 05-30-2020, 07:03 AM   #82

There is a TSB out on the antenna replacement. That should certainly be something that Entegra CS should be able to send you the details on how to reposition.

However, I think that TSB has been out for several years now, and I think that it has been corrected by any coach that finds its way into an Entegra service center. That may not be the reason for your problem (bad sensors, or bad battery in sensors would be my primary suspicion). I found Don Rigby very knowledgeable and helpful when I was first trying to figure all of this out and the system was brand new on coaches.... if you need his contact information, PM me and I can give it to you.

PS: if you happen to be a new owner of a luxury motorhome, you may not yet know this....... You NEVER get all the "bugs out" before the next trip.... Rarely happens.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 07:31 AM   #83

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Huffman View Post
Thanks, that sounds like a fix for the rattle. Does the folding arm hang down on your coach? Do I somehow tighten the ribits or bend it upwards.

Because the arm folds there is a little give once it is folded. I tried tightening the screws to no avail. I don’t recommend trying to bend the arm, b/c the tolerance between the top of the door and bottom of frame is tight. It might do more harm than good. The Velcro should solve your problem. If the rattle persists, try adjusting the Velcro left or right to ensure it’s under the end of the arm. I had to do this. Also, you can try putting a piece of Velcro on the top frame also, but you shouldn’t need it.
Old 05-30-2020, 10:26 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Huffman View Post
On one of my previous Entegras the arm was dragging and I bent it up to fix the problem. Just have to check it as you do it.
It should have a piece of Velcro installed, where the arm rest, from the factory.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote