RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2020, 01:23 PM   #1

New 2019 leftover

I thought I was making a great deal getting a 2019 Anthem with over 200K off but that's where the problems starts. I brought it in Quartzite, AZ Jan 26 and took delivery March 27. I backed out of the deal twice as after purchase the dealer kept showing it to the public and next messed up financing.

In the meantime there there was five items that had to be address and not done. I got it home and found ten more problems that that was broke or just wasn't right. On top of that there is four recalls they failed to do.

I took it in to the dealer service on the April,10th to get a total of nineteen items fixed. I called them on April 17 and they had less than half done. No biggie as I was glad some problems was done so I check on it another week. I check yesterday and not only there wasn't anymore done but when check there was a few more items broken. Estimate two more week to get the parts.

That would make one month in the shop right after delivery to make it right. I never had a coach with so many recalls and problems in it's at once. I can't understand why things would break sitting at the dealer unless the dealer are showing to the public without my consent.

Ray Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2020, 01:38 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Huffman View Post
I thought I was making a great deal getting a 2019 Anthem with over 200K off but that's where the problems starts. I brought it in Quartzite, AZ Jan 26 and took delivery March 27. I backed out of the deal twice as after purchase the dealer kept showing it to the public and next messed up financing.

In the meantime there there was five items that had to be address and not done. I got it home and found ten more problems that that was broke or just wasn't right. On top of that there is four recalls they failed to do.

I took it in to the dealer service on the April,10th to get a total of nineteen items fixed. I called them on April 17 and they had less than half done. No biggie as I was glad some problems was done so I check on it another week. I check yesterday and not only there wasn't anymore done but when check there was a few more items broken. Estimate two more week to get the parts.

That would make one month in the shop right after delivery to make it right. I never had a coach with so many recalls and problems in it's at once. I can't understand why things would break sitting at the dealer unless the dealer are showing to the public without my consent.
Sorry this sounds like a bunch of c—-. $200,000 off on a 2019 really isn’t a very good deal, but that is water under the bridge.
Maybe you should name the dealer so everyone can avoid them.

Old 04-25-2020, 02:54 PM   #3

Quote:

There are some lessons here for sure :

Left over coaches especially 2 years old are quite often in sad condition. Just ask me how I know. BUT after we got it all straight, turned out to be one of the best we've ever owned.

A lot of these dealers don't just let these coaches sit, they take them out regularly as a sales and demo tool. One particular chain comes to mind.

Just because it says Entegra doesn't make it good. I ordered a brand new 2020 Cornerstone and it spent 6 WEEKS in the shop after my walk through. And we do NOT ding cosmetics unless they are particularly egregious. In this case only 1 item. It's back there again after 4 short trips with a page of items. I think my sig says it all.
Old 04-25-2020, 03:43 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
A lot Queen (left over coach) is going to have a lot of Looky Lou problems. That coach has had over a year of inexperienced people, pulling, prodding, opening and trying to see how things work they know nothing about. It will be twice as broke as a newly delivered coach.
Recalls are usually not done until a coach is sold. I ordered a brand new 19, it arrived with one recall already in infect and two more within 60 days of ownership. That is to be expected, recalls are not mailed out until the coach is registered. If you are the first owner, you get the recall notices. Sorry you had the problems, but many people have been through that coach and things will turn up broken.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 04:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
Sorry this sounds like a bunch of c—-. $200,000 off on a 2019 really isn’t a very good deal, but that is water under the bridge.
Maybe you should name the dealer so everyone can avoid them.
I would say it's true if it was a used one but I'm the first owner. I also demanded good price on trade in. They be lucky to sell for what they gave me. Also made them drop interest rate a point. I went into it with open eyes and didn't want it but the wife fell in love with it so you know where I stand.
Old 04-25-2020, 04:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fqberful View Post
There are some lessons here for sure :

Left over coaches especially 2 years old are quite often in sad condition. Just ask me how I know. BUT after we got it all straight, turned out to be one of the best we've ever owned.

A lot of these dealers don't just let these coaches sit, they take them out regularly as a sales and demo tool. One particular chain comes to mind.

Just because it says Entegra doesn't make it good. I ordered a brand new 2020 Cornerstone and it spent 6 WEEKS in the shop after my walk through. And we do NOT ding cosmetics unless they are particularly egregious. In this case only 1 item. It's back there again after 4 short trips with a page of items. I think my sig says it all.
The first thing I did was demand the dealer to lock it up away from the public and not to take it to shows anymore shows. Yes a few things got broke at the shows and I have to agree about the quality lacking. I know the factory didn't try many of the systems they installed.

Six weeks I feel for you also, looks like I'm only beginning as we didn't have a shakedown yet.
Old 04-25-2020, 04:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
A lot Queen (left over coach) is going to have a lot of Looky Lou problems. That coach has had over a year of inexperienced people, pulling, prodding, opening and trying to see how things work they know nothing about. It will be twice as broke as a newly delivered coach.
Recalls are usually not done until a coach is sold. I ordered a brand new 19, it arrived with one recall already in infect and two more within 60 days of ownership. That is to be expected, recalls are not mailed out until the coach is registered. If you are the first owner, you get the recall notices. Sorry you had the problems, but many people have been through that coach and things will turn up broken.
Yes, some of the problems are from people going inside and breaking things. They dealer notified me by email that Entegra wouldn't register the coach in my name until the recalls was done. Yes they did that on the 8th of this month It was not register in my name until the 24th when I informed that it was at the dealer since the 10th. That was on Monday and still took until Friday. Yes I'm the first owner and I check with Entegra and know the dealer had it since May 2018.
Old 04-25-2020, 04:46 PM   #8

Sounds like it me the dealer is ‘Paul Everett’s’ or I think now they changed the name to something else as probably had too from such bad reputation..

Biggest game playing dealer in the business ...

Sorry you half to go thru this crap... see it thru and when you’re
Blood stops boiling from this circus act.. you will have a great
Entegra Coach
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 04:54 PM   #9

Quote:
The first thing I did was demand the dealer to lock it up away from the public and not to take it to shows anymore shows. Yes a few things got broke at the shows and I have to agree about the quality lacking. I know the factory didn't try many of the systems they installed.

Six weeks I feel for you also, looks like I'm only beginning as we didn't have a shakedown yet.

Another thing here, remember you are NOT married to the dealer for service and repairs. Once you have the coach you can take it anywhere that will warranty / service Entegra.

There are a great number of dealers that have service departments that totally suk. And there are some with absolutely stellar service departments.
Old 04-25-2020, 08:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
Sounds like it me the dealer is ‘Paul Everett’s’ or I think now they changed the name to something else as probably had too from such bad reputation..

Biggest game playing dealer in the business ...

Sorry you half to go thru this crap... see it thru and when you’re
Blood stops boiling from this circus act.. you will have a great
Entegra Coach
You guessed it, Paul Everett died so a couple of associates took over and change the name to RV Country.
Old 04-25-2020, 08:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fqberful View Post
Another thing here, remember you are NOT married to the dealer for service and repairs. Once you have the coach you can take it anywhere that will warranty / service Entegra.

There are a great number of dealers that have service departments that totally suk. And there are some with absolutely stellar service departments.
I'm giving the selling dealer a chance to fix everything first. If not fixed then another approved shop.
Old 04-25-2020, 08:49 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I'm giving the selling dealer a chance to fix everything first. If not fixed then another approved shop.
Right now I think any shop is going to have a tough time with certain repairs, thanks to the coronavirus screwing up supply lines all over the world. I suspect that's why your dealer hasn't made much (or perhaps any) progress in the past few weeks.

Realistically, even without the coronavirus, any time parts have to be ordered, add anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months to the repair time.

In short, I don't think it's surprising that the dealer hasn't made much (or any) progress in the last few weeks. I think it's remarkable that they made as much progress as they did in that first week.

The slow pace of repairs was a big adjustment for us as new motorhome owners. It's maddening, but it is what it is.
schad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 10:37 PM   #13

I also purchased a new leftover unit from Paul Evert's at about 46% off MSRP. I went through the coach and made a list of everything I wanted fixed plus they needed to do an alignment and change the oil. While doing all of that, they also found an air leak. About 5 weeks later I had my coach. My salesman told me to never bring it back there for service, since they don't have a clue how to work on them. Over the life of my 2 year warranty, I had work done at NIRVC a few times, Spartan, and Entegra. Total of several months in the shop. If I had to pay for all of the repairs, it would have been 10's of thousands of dollars. However I am pleased to report that as of today everything is working as designed and I love my rig! Hang in there, it'll take a bit to get everything right.
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 08:17 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
As for the recalls, if it is a NHTSA recall, that does have to be done by VIN# before registrations. If an Entegra recall, they will not register the warranty etc. until the recall is preformed, liability factor. The Tech Service Bulletins (TSB's) and manufactures volunteered recalls will go to the first registered owner. That has been my experience with new coach I have purchased. You may have additional notification withing the first year of ownership. Also check with Cummins for Engine updates. They do not send notices out, but almost all engines have updates needed. Many are important for mileage and emission control. Been there on that one too, 14 updates with increase in millage from 6 mpg to 7.3 and a much needed power boost. No notice was ever sent.

Sorry you got ripped by one of the worst service dealers in the nation, next my previous dealer. If they cannot get everything taken care of for you, do give NIRVC a try, they are fantastic and have a perfect relationship with Entegra which is what is needed now. People here will help you, many of us have been through the same thing. I had the "my dealer is worse than your dealer" on a brand new ordered coach in 14. Sorry to say, I have been there too. Entegra stood behind it 100% including bypassing my dealer.

A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote