Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2016, 05:06 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
If any of your fans are anything except xxxxDxxxx you need to replace it. I suspect the two they replaced are new D blades, but the one they didn't replace is suspect. Noel
X2, Noel statement is spot-on, if the one blade they didn't replace isn't a "D" blade it's just a matter of time...it will fail. Al
AlKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2016, 10:22 AM   #16

Thanks Noel and Al. You inspired me to get the three boxes out from under coach and open and look at them.......now, as opposed to when I get home next week.
You are both correct. The new blade has the "D" in the part number, the two take offs have the " C" .
Also, the two techs from Camper Coral told me the old blades were not broken, and handed me the three boxes all closed back up, which I just put under coach without looking at them. But upon inspection, they are both cracked up the side. One could argue the crack was significant enough to cause a vibration, thus breaking motor mounts ?

I will be changing out the third blade when I get home.

Thanks again for the heads up.
Boyd R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 11:42 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Boyd,

Thanks to previous posts on iRV2 about the failing fan blades, I checked the blades on my then one week old 2015 Anthem. I discovered I had an "A", "B", and a "C" model blade. Not wanting to take a chance on a failure, I replaced all three. One thing that I did notice, just one of my A/C shroud covers had the support (hat section) already mounted. Hopefully yours has those already. I have included the instructions from AirExcel I received as well as a picture of the "hat section". Sorry about the orientation of the photos

Hope this helps, Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0417150856.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	121053   Click image for larger version

Name:	0417150857.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	191.4 KB
ID:	121054  

Click image for larger version

Name:	0417150857a.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	121055  
2024 RAM Limited FMCA #420209
brianw8602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 06:50 PM   #18

Thanks Brian.
Last night was our last night in Sebring Fla. laid in bed and the #3 AC was on, the only unit with out the new fan installed.
I am quite sure the fan blade finally broke as I could suddenly hear a vibration through the unit. I of course shut it down.
Will be home Saturday, so I plan on getting on the roof next week to confirm the broken blade, and install new one.

Interesting as well, is the fact that I have all three hats that came with the kits Entegra sent, guess the techs from camper coral didn't read the instructions as to how to install them.

All will be properly fixed when I get home.

Thanks again
Boyd R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:03 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd R View Post

Interesting as well, is the fact that I have all three hats that came with the kits Entegra sent, guess the techs from camper coral didn't read the instructions as to how to install them.

All will be properly fixed when I get home.
Boyd, glad that I could help. It could be the hats are already installed? Like I said, one of mine was. Must have been the "C" model fan You'll know as soon as you pull the shrouds off.

Brian
2024 RAM Limited FMCA #420209
brianw8602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:32 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
One more item to check if you are changing out the fans. I had the 6 blade fans and had experienced no issues with them other than the fact that it sounded like the coach was about to "lift off" when they fired up.
While changing the fans, I noticed that each unit had one broken fan mount bolt. I heard that this would happen if the blades failed but, mine failed without any problem with the units otherwise. Being repaired at Middlebury in a couple of weeks.
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 02:48 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Does anyone have the contact information for the updated blades?
Old 03-11-2016, 03:30 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HzrdUs View Post
Does anyone have the contact information for the updated blades?
First post has all the info.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/plea...re-228386.html
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 10:41 AM   #23

Finally got around to checking my AC units and all 3 had "B" series 3 blade fans. One has a small hairline crack and at least one screw was loose on all of the fan motors. One fan motor had all of the motor mount screws loose but that fan did not have a visible crack.

Entegra is sending 3 new fans and also stressed that all of the motor mount screws should be removed and reinstalled with locktite. I have been skimming the thread about the fans cracking but couldn't remember reading about adding locktite to the fan motor mounts so I thought put a reminder out to anyone changing the fans.
Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
jb4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 12:07 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4545 View Post
Finally got around to checking my AC units and all 3 had "B" series 3 blade fans. One has a small hairline crack and at least one screw was loose on all of the fan motors. One fan motor had all of the motor mount screws loose but that fan did not have a visible crack.

Entegra is sending 3 new fans and also stressed that all of the motor mount screws should be removed and reinstalled with locktite. I have been skimming the thread about the fans cracking but couldn't remember reading about adding locktite to the fan motor mounts so I thought put a reminder out to anyone changing the fans.
If you take the motor off you can unscrew the mounts from the top, then screw the screws up as tight as possible, from the top with your fingers, otherwise you have to raise the a/c unit. After you screw the screws up tight put some locktite on the screw threads and screw the mounts down tight. That way the screws cannot back out and the mounts will stay tight. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan