Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2014, 05:22 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
New Anthem

We left SC this morning for MD/PA for granddaughters graduation. Then next week start heading to FLA to LD. Motorhome should be finished next Tues and hoping for delivery soon after. I did see an Anthem heading north on 95 today near Wilson NC. Made me feel good.
ravens2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2014, 06:11 PM   #2

Tic Toc, the wait is almost over.... Congrats!!
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:20 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Congratulations, you will love it.
oneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:57 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravens2012 View Post
We left SC this morning for MD/PA for granddaughters graduation. Then next week start heading to FLA to LD. Motorhome should be finished next Tues and hoping for delivery soon after. I did see an Anthem heading north on 95 today near Wilson NC. Made me feel good.
Will see you in Tampa. Starting the PDI process Monday on our new Cornerstone at LD as well! Let,s both pray for few issues
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 02:52 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crippsfl View Post
Will see you in Tampa. Starting the PDI process Monday on our new Cornerstone at LD as well! Let,s both pray for few issues
A big AMEN to that....no problems and best of luck to both of you. At least it is the right time of year and not a big line of Snowbirds a head of you.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:09 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Good luck Roy!! We've been in ours several days now and love it! LD Tucson has been great!
Whitewater18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 04:50 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Joe, that is good to hear. We will be starting to head to Tampa in the next day or so. Still do not have a firm date but it should be later this week. We can't wait. Did you get the Wineguard Traveler and how is it working. I don't know anything about satellite systems. where there any surprises. I have been reading this forum for about 18 months now and know the time is drawing near. ANy other advice? Hopefully we meet up sometime on the road.

Thanks again
Roy
Old 06-15-2014, 11:33 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Can't wait to hear a good report and see some photos Roy.

If you are traveling up I95 with your anthem on you way home -- consider stopping by Fayetteville RV Resort for the night.

Would like to meet you.

Curt

Sent from my iPhone
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:45 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Joe, that is good to hear. We will be starting to head to Tampa in the next day or so. Still do not have a firm date but it should be later this week. We can't wait. Did you get the Wineguard Traveler and how is it working. I don't know anything about satellite systems. where there any surprises. I have been reading this forum for about 18 months now and know the time is drawing near. ANy other advice? Hopefully we meet up sometime on the road.

Thanks again
Roy
Yes, we did get the traveler dish for DirecTV. We have only deployed the dish once to see if it is working, otherwise we've been too busy to think about TV other than to watch the news in the evening on the standard antenna.
For DirecTV, go with the Genie system. It will work better than their standard receivers. If you have cable boxes in your house now, a satellite box just takes place of the cable box and works better. The Bose remote can be programmed to operate the satellite receiver. If you opted for the Vegatouch system, it requires contacting Firefly with the receiver's info, then they send out a disk or e-mail to load into the IPad with the new program.
Take your time going over your new coach and ask many questions and make sure you operate every system. Stay as long as it takes to make sure you are OK with coach.
We both took LD's driver confidence course every though I already have much experience driving big vehicles. It was great and the wife was making turns like a pro in no time. They quantify procedures I already took for granted and made it really simple for my wife. Great class open to anyone even if you didn't buy from LD.
Old 06-15-2014, 01:03 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Curt, thanks for the tip on Fayetteville. Joe, I have already told our salesman that since this is our first MH we will need to stay a number of days to which he agreed. I also have years of experience driving fire equipment, buses and tank trucks but both my wife and I are taking the driving course. We have a lot to learn about the operation of all the systems involved in this vehicle/house. Hard to believe that after 18 months of discussion, planning and researching the day is almost here. I have learned a lot from the folks on this forum and I be reaching out for much more knowledge and experience.

Thanks again
Roy
Old 06-16-2014, 11:51 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Curt, thanks for the tip on Fayetteville. Joe, I have already told our salesman that since this is our first MH we will need to stay a number of days to which he agreed. I also have years of experience driving fire equipment, buses and tank trucks but both my wife and I are taking the driving course. We have a lot to learn about the operation of all the systems involved in this vehicle/house. Hard to believe that after 18 months of discussion, planning and researching the day is almost here. I have learned a lot from the folks on this forum and I be reaching out for much more knowledge and experience.

Thanks again
Roy
You will love it.....
We can't wait to meet a lot of the people from this forum on the road!
Old 06-28-2014, 06:37 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Smile

OK the wait is over!!!!! The Anthem has arrived. It is in a service bay and we got to look it over and pull slides out and checked it out briefly. It is fine looking. It should be beautiful after it is cleaned up. I will post pictures when 2 things happen:
1. We learn how to post pictures on this site.
2. It is cleaned

I think we are going to love it. Have a lot to learn.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:41 AM   #13
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
OK the wait is over!!!!! The Anthem has arrived. It is in a service bay and we got to look it over and pull slides out and checked it out briefly. It is fine looking. It should be beautiful after it is cleaned up. I will post pictures when 2 things happen:

1. We learn how to post pictures on this site.

2. It is cleaned

I think we are going to love it. Have a lot to learn.

Congrats. Take a look at post #7 on this thread for instructions on adding photos to a post.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/forum...ics-49134.html

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:20 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Congratulations Ray and Bonnie. Have fun and take your time as you break in to your new beauty.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote