Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2015, 09:20 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
New Anthem and Maxxair Rain Covers

Good morning,
We are joining the Entegra family! We've ordered a 2016 Anthem 44A which is due into Lazy Days Tucson in Feb 2016. We had originally ordered the "B" but then fell in love with the "A" for lots of reasons. We're making a list of improvements we want taken care of at delivery. The surge guard is already on the list (current thread).
Has anyone installed the Maxxair Rain Covers (or another brand)? We have them on our current 2011 Tiffin Phaeton and they are great! Searched the threads but couldn't find any info.
Also, we plan to use Direct TV (we're full timers). We previously used DISH but want to try Direct. Does anyone know of a reputable Direct TV installer/tech in the Tucson area?
We really enjoy the Entegra group and have learned a great deal! Thank you in advance.
Alec & Sheila
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2015, 09:33 AM   #2

Ours came from factory with fan covers. Make sure yours aren't already on there. We have a portable surge protector and portable water conditioner (no more rv park heavy chlorine smell or wear on skin) as part of our improvements. Tommy
Ourrvtrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 09:50 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
You will not need the Maxxair Covers as the fans on the Entegras come with covers already installed.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 09:58 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thank you for your responses. It's no wonder I couldn't find a thread on them. Will scratch them off the list.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:26 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Yes, already comes with max air in both bathrooms. Very nice!
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 12:44 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

The MaxxAir fans that come on the coaches are the MaxxAir Deluxe fans that have integral covers. The entire cover raises up and the fan is in the cover. They have automatic rain sensors that are "supposed" to close them if the sensor gets wet.

I actually removed mine and went with the MaxxAir Standard fans with the motorized vent lid, similar to the Fantastick fans on your Tiffin. I then ordered the MaxxAir vent hoods to put over them. They will fit, even with the wider multi-angle Girard awnings used on the 2016s.

My reasoning for the change was that we liked them better. The 4500K has a wireless remote with digital readout for the thermostat temperature setting. We found that it is also quieter. The MaxxAir Deluxe fans are a bit noisier and even when closed you can hear the nearby rooftop air conditioner noise through them. The standard fan has better soundproofing and with the vent covers gets even quieter. Also, the vent covers allow you to operate the fans in a light to medium rain whereas the Deluxe fans will sense the moisture, shut down and close up.

I'm not sure if the vent covers would fit over the Deluxe fans though. THey may be too wide.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:48 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
There is a satellite installer that goes the the FMCA shows that Winters in Arizona that did mine in Redmond. I can't find their name now, but if you can find an old list of the vendors from there and look for the one in Arizona (and I think it was Tuscon) they were great...I wanted all TVs on their own remote wireless Genie so each TV could be on a different channel. They did it great; no charge other than the cost of one extra Genie. DirecTV paid the rest. They specialize in RVs. Do some research and look them up. They try to go to the big shows.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:51 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Cruzer, Thank you for your clarification. We like the rain covers as it allows operation in the rain and while traveling. Guess I will add them back on the list even if I have to purchase new fans 😄
Old 11-04-2015, 02:01 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

If you ordered the DirecTV Trav'ler option your coach will be all set up for it. All you have to do is plug your receiver or DVR into the receptacle, connect a coax to the jack in the cabinet and plug in your HDMI cable. Same holds true for the bedroom TV, which can watch the front DVR or a second one directly behind the swing-out TV.

We just take the DVRs from our home and stick them in the coach when we travel. In that case I'd let DirecTV install the system at your home and just take the DVRs with you. If you are full time and don't have a home, that's different. However, there still isn't much to install because it'll be all set up for it. All they will do is plug them in, connect to the satellite, and provision your service via a phone call.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 05:04 PM   #10

Which Satellite Dish do you have? If you have the Dome like with my Anthem you won't get HD with Direct.
roadrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 07:20 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
I have the DOME (IN-MOTION) so we can watch TV going down the road. Our grandkids love watching TV on the road & I watch FOOTBALL. That's right NO HD with DIRECT TV with the dome. I have had IN-MOTION on all 3 ENTEGRA's NO complaints.
Anthem46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 07:31 PM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I replaced two of my three fans right off the bat as well. Even tho I didn't realize my coach had the Plex controls on the panel to control them.
http://www.amazon.com/Maxxair-000700...ds=maxxair+fan

I have the black ones and am very pleased with the fans over the factory ones. The remote is very handy and the temp setting with the ability to control the fan speed and the draw in or draw out make them very nice to have. I would have done all three if I had known I had three fans. LOL will do the center bathroom one this spring I have ran them both while driving and parked in the rain, no issue at all with any water getting in the coach.
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 09:44 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We ordered the Traveler Satellite Dish for Direct TV. We had a dome in our current Tiffin but wanted to try the Traveler as it gives us more options for watching TV. Glad to hear that is is not complicated to set up. DW does all of the setups as I never even learned to program a remote. We will need to purchase one or two Direct TV receivers. Assume we can do this on line or at Camping World.

We definitely want to add the extra rain covers. Although we had them installed at delivery on our Tiffin, I can do the installation myself and save a few $$$$. Thank you!!
Grower15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 04:24 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almond-Grower15 View Post
Cruzer, Thank you for your clarification. We like the rain covers as it allows operation in the rain and while traveling. Guess I will add them back on the list even if I have to purchase new fans 😄
I suggest you try the stock fans before you make a change. They work quite well for me, although I do agree they are noisier than the Fantastic Fans on my old coach. If I were making a switch, it would be to Fantastic Fan, but I find the factory-installed fans acceptable.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote