Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2014, 10:41 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
We are working on our purchase agreement now and hope to get where we need to be today or Monday. We have been a little less than pleased with MHSRV follow up though. They sort of dropped us and we have had to keep calling them to get status on our deal.

Any special tips about dealing with them?

Regardless we are looking forward to the transition!
HR-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2014, 11:24 AM   #16

I was dealing with Lance. They emailed everything to me in one day. I signed scanned and sent back. It was done! Quick and easy. I do know they have a huge RV show going on. They wanted me to PDI next Thursday so I could meet all the Entegra folks that will be there. I just could not get there that quick. I am so glad they take so long to PDI. That means less to get fixed later. I will check on Branson, It is only a 6 hour drive for us. We were planning an East Coast tour this summer. Did a big Western tour last summer.
MS DELTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 12:26 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Congratulations. We are picking up our 2014 Aspire 44U from Orlando RV on May 6th and we are so excited. I'm happy to see the Entegra family growing.
Plozano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 04:10 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Congratulations on your "new" rig. Look forward to seeing you out on the road.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:03 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
I dealt with Lance for 2 coaches last year. A no-BS kind of guy who also does good follow-up.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:16 PM   #20

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Ms Delta...congrats on your new coach.
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:36 PM   #21

Send a message via Yahoo to ie2special
Super happy for you!
Old 04-22-2014, 06:10 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Congratulations! Hope to see you down the road once we get ours
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:11 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Congratulations!

We have dealt with Carl @ MHSRV. Nice guy, no BS.
JoyalRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:08 AM   #24
GGW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS DELTA View Post
Just completed the purchase agreement on a 2014 Aspire 44B. PDI May 5th at MHSRV. This will be my 6th motorhome since the early 70s. It will be the first new one for me. I have been lurking and reading for a longtime and decided Entegra was the way to go. I have read all the bad experiences on new deliveries and pray mine will be a good one. I will make every effort catch all I can on PDI. I can repair most all small things myself, infact I look forward to tinkering. Being a pilot and farmer, I learned everything can be fixed with good information. Looking forward to a well insulated coach, as my Tiffin allegro red I am trading was not so much. You folks have a lot of great information, and hope to learn much from you.
Hi:
We bought an Aspire 44B from MHSRV early this month. I would urge you to look at the thread I started on air suspension rising to travel height, and pay special attention to your walk thru instructions on raising the jacks and being ready to travel. Out of the first 10 departures on our first trip, the coach failed to raise to travel height 4 times, one of those caused some significant damage to the undercarriage, as we were high centered while pulling on the highway. There was a little sign saying to do a walk around before traveling, but I took that to be the general "everything is in" check. It was not mentioned during the walk thru that you have to go outside and make sure the equipment that raises your coach to ride height has functioned properly. I guess I thought on a coach of this price and quality I should be able to assume the suspension would function as designed and not be subject to an intermittent problem. The service writer at MHSRV told me the Aspire is well know for this problem and I should have been told that at walk thru. I am sure Entegra/MHSRV croaked at this burst of honesty, and of course they deny there is such a problem. But you do not have to talk to many owners and especially techs to know there has been a problem. In tracking this and trying to get my coach fixed, I have found others who have or had the problem, but not to the extent I had. If the coach does not rise to travel height, the fix seems to be to just repeat the leveler retraction process. If you read the thread, there are some great suggestions as to what procedure to follow, but the heart of the matter is that when the valves fails to function the fix is to repeat the same process (sounds like an intermittent problem to me). That, my first experience with the coach, and my discussions with the various repair techs involved with my coach, tells me they do sometimes have an intermittent problem with the ride height control valves. My coach is in a frame shop in Fort Worth having this checked. I don't want speak ill of the Aspire 44B, as it is a great coach and I am sure you will love it as we do/will (if we ever get it back). I just wish Entegra and MHSRV could have found a way to be a little more up front on this issue. But I can see why they hesitate to tell you " oh, by the way, make sure you check to see if the coach elevates to ride height before you take off. Even though the gauges show adequate pressure and the relief valve has blown, you cannot be assured the coach is at travel height unless you go outside and check it visually. And if it does not elevate to travel height, just go back in the coach and repeat the same procedure until it does." Such owner training would take a little shine off the sales pitch, but that appears to be the case. They have you in a bind because as a new owner, when this happens you immediately think you did something wrong, not "oh the ride height control valves fail to activate". But you start to get the idea that something else maybe wrong when sometimes the procedure produces the desire result and sometimes not and the fix is to repeat the procedure until you get what you want. You may never have such a problem, and I hope my coach is a special case. But forewarned is forearmed. GGW
GGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:06 AM   #25

Thanks GGW,
I have been following your thread very closely and have already incorporated (check ride Height) into my checklist. I got away from a checklist with my Tiffin, but this coach has so many more bell and whistles, plus opposite procedures from most of the coaches I have owned. I will use a checklist for long time to get in the groove.
Good luck on getting your coach back.
Jim
Old 04-24-2014, 11:13 AM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Congrats on your new purchase and hope you enjoy all your future travels.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:34 PM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
GGW, if it makes you feel any better my 2002 Travel Supreme would do the same thing and not air up the air bags at times, especially when the temps were cold. It is not a manufactures or a dealers fault, it is just the way air dump valves work on some motor homes. My dealer didn't explain it to me either, but the value of a walk around caught my problems before it ever caused any damage. I can certianly understand your frustration and I guess I am lucky having pilot training about how important a walk around is on any complicated vehicle. When there are that many mechanical things that can and do go wrong, the check list that Entegra provided, I took to heart and put it where I would use it before departure.

I do hope your repairs go well and the problem never happens again.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:55 AM   #28

Hey Chuck! I am a pilot also and know the value of checklist and proper preflight!! Also have built several airplanes, so I am pretty good with mechanics. I agree with you on these motorhomes. They have to many systems and specific orders to operate them, a checklist is imperative. Especially in the beginning when everything is so new. Hate that feeling of "Did I forget to do something!!!!!" With knowledge we can protect our rather large investment!!! This is a great forum with loads of knowledge