Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2014, 08:06 AM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS DELTA View Post
Hey Chuck! I am a pilot also and know the value of checklist and proper preflight!! Also have built several airplanes, so I am pretty good with mechanics. I agree with you on these motorhomes. They have to many systems and specific orders to operate them, a checklist is imperative. Especially in the beginning when everything is so new. Hate that feeling of "Did I forget to do something!!!!!" With knowledge we can protect our rather large investment!!! This is a great forum with loads of knowledge
Jim, it is amazing how many pilots are on this forum and owners of Entegra's. We all know the value of a check list as up there we have no clouds to pull over on and check "what that noise was". If one new MH owner, or one that just doesn't do walk arounds realizes that the check lists are not for the "other guys" and how important they are, hopefully it will keep other MH's out of the repairs shops. Read on another forum where a basement door left open was heavily damaged on the water faucet pipe as they were leaving. A walk around would have prevented that.

I am another one that is a firm believer of reading the owners manuals. Thanks to one of the forum members.... they emailed me copies of their 2013 manuals and I have read almost all of them and don't even have my Anthem yet. After reading the manuals, I feel very comfortable how most things work before heading home with the Anthem. Yes, this forum and it's members are invaluable.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2014, 10:14 AM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
I agree. As a pilot myself, I have often equated operating my motor home with flying. There are many interrelated systems that need to function together to be successful. Checklists and walk arounds are routine in the flying world and are often necessary when operating the motor home. We travel quite a bit in ours but I still do not take anything for granted. Further, I feel and hear every little bump or noise as we are under way. That has saved us dollars and time on several occasions. We will get to see our new Anthem next Wednesday for the first time. Getting close now!
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:00 AM   #31

We just picked up our 42DEQ aspire at lazy days in Tampa. Not happy with the PDI. Several things wrong but we has to leave since we have our own business in New Jersey. Entegra will take care of the issues locally. The coach is beautiful and rides like a dream. We traded in a holiday rambler. Congrats and like you I'm new to entegra.
gasman405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:04 PM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman405 View Post
We just picked up our 42DEQ aspire at lazy days in Tampa. Not happy with the PDI. Several things wrong but we has to leave since we have our own business in New Jersey. Entegra will take care of the issues locally. The coach is beautiful and rides like a dream. We traded in a holiday rambler. Congrats and like you I'm new to entegra.
Congratulation! and do I HEAR that about LD's POOR PDI. I have now been on hold for two months, thanks to them. I guess their new PDI dept that was posted did not happen. Welcome to the Entegra family and the forum. Please stop by often and keep us informed of your enjoyment.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:26 PM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
oooo you lucky dog! I'm gonna stop by and look at one myself on the way home to Houston. GOOD floorplan!! ONly the DEQ and the B are worth a darn layout wise.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:18 AM   #34

OOOOOO You are making a big mistake if you are not ready to trade!!!!!! Just looking at an Entegra makes you want one sooooooo badddddd. We have one more week before we do our PDI. Getting more excited everyday. We will keep posting how everything goes.
MS DELTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:15 AM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS DELTA View Post
OOOOOO You are making a big mistake if you are not ready to trade!!!!!! Just looking at an Entegra makes you want one sooooooo badddddd. We have one more week before we do our PDI. Getting more excited everyday. We will keep posting how everything goes.

You hit the nail right square on the head. We weren't even looking or thinking about a new coach and bought one 😜 and now wouldn't have it any other way. Love our Aspire.

Be sure to post pics once you have it. Enjoy.
TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:25 PM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Same with us. How can one "impulse buy" something with that many zeros on the price tag?
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:57 PM   #37

Pre flight search

Congrats to you new Entegra owners!
If I was more adept on this site, I would link it. But in a prior post, current owners generated a great pre-flight check list/do's and don'ts specific to Entegra that amends what Entegra probably covers in your owners manuals. Maybe one of them would be kind enough to post a link to it for me.
I agree, with the costs and complexities of these coaches, now is not the time to guess on procedures. I know I would have that list glued to the dash!
Hope you all have many safe and happy miles ahead.
Tom
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 03:12 PM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
This might be the post you were referring to that had a couple of checklists, plus a photo of the factory checklists. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/arri...ml#post1823034
Old 04-27-2014, 07:38 PM   #39

Departure

Thanks, Chuck- one of these days I will figure out my iPad...
Tom
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:27 PM   #40

Send a message via Yahoo to ie2special
I was just on the Entegra app and it had checklist videos
Old 04-30-2014, 08:35 PM   #41

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Do you really have to crank the engine, air up, shut off the engine, then retract the jacks? Then start the engine again?

That seems so backwards to me.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:41 PM   #42

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGW View Post
Hi:
We bought an Aspire 44B from MHSRV early this month. I would urge you to look at the thread I started on air suspension rising to travel height, and pay special attention to your walk thru instructions on raising the jacks and being ready to travel. Out of the first 10 departures on our first trip, the coach failed to raise to travel height 4 times, one of those caused some significant damage to the undercarriage, as we were high centered while pulling on the highway. There was a little sign saying to do a walk around before traveling, but I took that to be the general "everything is in" check. It was not mentioned during the walk thru that you have to go outside and make sure the equipment that raises your coach to ride height has functioned properly. I guess I thought on a coach of this price and quality I should be able to assume the suspension would function as designed and not be subject to an intermittent problem. The service writer at MHSRV told me the Aspire is well know for this problem and I should have been told that at walk thru. I am sure Entegra/MHSRV croaked at this burst of honesty, and of course they deny there is such a problem. But you do not have to talk to many owners and especially techs to know there has been a problem. In tracking this and trying to get my coach fixed, I have found others who have or had the problem, but not to the extent I had. If the coach does not rise to travel height, the fix seems to be to just repeat the leveler retraction process. If you read the thread, there are some great suggestions as to what procedure to follow, but the heart of the matter is that when the valves fails to function the fix is to repeat the same process (sounds like an intermittent problem to me). That, my first experience with the coach, and my discussions with the various repair techs involved with my coach, tells me they do sometimes have an intermittent problem with the ride height control valves. My coach is in a frame shop in Fort Worth having this checked. I don't want speak ill of the Aspire 44B, as it is a great coach and I am sure you will love it as we do/will (if we ever get it back). I just wish Entegra and MHSRV could have found a way to be a little more up front on this issue. But I can see why they hesitate to tell you " oh, by the way, make sure you check to see if the coach elevates to ride height before you take off. Even though the gauges show adequate pressure and the relief valve has blown, you cannot be assured the coach is at travel height unless you go outside and check it visually. And if it does not elevate to travel height, just go back in the coach and repeat the same procedure until it does." Such owner training would take a little shine off the sales pitch, but that appears to be the case. They have you in a bind because as a new owner, when this happens you immediately think you did something wrong, not "oh the ride height control valves fail to activate". But you start to get the idea that something else maybe wrong when sometimes the procedure produces the desire result and sometimes not and the fix is to repeat the procedure until you get what you want. You may never have such a problem, and I hope my coach is a special case. But forewarned is forearmed. GGW

I just watched video 12 of the entegra videos, and it says you should place the engine in high idle mode when airing up?