Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2019, 01:52 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote from the Hadley Operating and Service Manual: “Important: When towing, jacking, or raising the vehicle for service, the white harness plug, located near the manifold assembly must be disconnected. This will prevent the SAMS system from operating and eliminating the potential for unexpected suspension movement that may cause damage to the vehicle or personal injury.”
Tom78418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2019, 02:15 PM   #16

I thought Hadley was replaced by Valid air for 2019&20.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 03:17 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
I thought Hadley was replaced by Valid air for 2019&20.

2019, I wish, 2020, yea.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 05:55 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Just received my letter yesterday. I am still confused why they would want power removed from the Hadley if using it on an over night stop. I have put a call into Spartan for clarification, but have not heard back from them. Does the CSB involve installing an on and off switch? Can anybody that has had it done answer the question? The letter in my opinion is poorly worded what they are trying to accomplish. Thanks.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 10:15 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Just received my letter yesterday. I am still confused why they would want power removed from the Hadley if using it on an over night stop. I have put a call into Spartan for clarification, but have not heard back from them. Does the CSB involve installing an on and off switch? Can anybody that has had it done answer the question? The letter in my opinion is poorly worded what they are trying to accomplish. Thanks.
Just got mine out of shop...yes, the wording is Terrible and confusing. Spent a week in shop. After shop made numerous calls to spartan and Entegra...here is bottom line. The recall is because the Hadley panel may stay lighted and cause a power drain to where they think it could drain the batteries over time if not plugged into shore power. Also, the fix is to locate a plug, not a controller or relay. Once the plug is located the tech is suppose to crimp a pin to stop the power drain when in storage. This drain has to be very minor and would only happen when not hooked up to shore power. Also, the crimping takes a very small tool to complete. The Cummins shop did not have a tool that small to complete the recall. Biggest problem for the shops is locating the plug..seems each installer places it in a different place plus they have to figure out which plug amoung the many used is the right one. Spartan ships chassis to Entegra with the Hadley bundled in a package and Entegra places it where they need to during assembly. So Spartans 3 hour fix is based on an open chassis, not a unit completely assembled to where a shop texh has to hunt and search for an individual plug.
IMO the order is a complete was of time. We chose not to complete the recall.
Word from Spartan was that a lot of shops were having problems...it is not a 3 hour fix.
If you want the recall done....definitely find a shop that has done one successfully. If we decide to get it completed, we will wait until there is some history for a one day fix.
lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 10:24 AM   #20

Man!!!! That kind of logic does not engender a lot of confidence. COME ON SPARTAN!!!

If I was going to leave my coach unattended out in the Quartzsite desert on BLM land for a month, I might be worried, but if that is the logic and explanation, I am not likely to permit any shop to attempt it.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 11:19 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lp5151 View Post
Just got mine out of shop...yes, the wording is Terrible and confusing. Spent a week in shop. After shop made numerous calls to spartan and Entegra...here is bottom line. The recall is because the Hadley panel may stay lighted and cause a power drain to where they think it could drain the batteries over time if not plugged into shore power. Also, the fix is to locate a plug, not a controller or relay. Once the plug is located the tech is suppose to crimp a pin to stop the power drain when in storage. This drain has to be very minor and would only happen when not hooked up to shore power. Also, the crimping takes a very small tool to complete. The Cummins shop did not have a tool that small to complete the recall. Biggest problem for the shops is locating the plug..seems each installer places it in a different place plus they have to figure out which plug amoung the many used is the right one. Spartan ships chassis to Entegra with the Hadley bundled in a package and Entegra places it where they need to during assembly. So Spartans 3 hour fix is based on an open chassis, not a unit completely assembled to where a shop texh has to hunt and search for an individual plug.
IMO the order is a complete was of time. We chose not to complete the recall.
Word from Spartan was that a lot of shops were having problems...it is not a 3 hour fix.
If you want the recall done....definitely find a shop that has done one successfully. If we decide to get it completed, we will wait until there is some history for a one day fix.
THANK YOU! That is the only thing I could figure from the wording is it had to be away to cut power for long term dry storage. I think I can find the fuse that would do the same thing. If it stopped working when not plugged into shore power, that would eliminate the reason for the auxiliary air pump to keep the coach level if Walmarting for the night and not using the jacks. Thanks for the great report.
Old 06-22-2019, 05:00 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Yes, thanks for the explanation! Think I will skip that one as well till we are at Spartan.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 11:43 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
Yes, thanks for the explanation! Think I will skip that one as well till we are at Spartan.
It looks like this one is right up there with the reflective side markers that did away with the more important side turn signals. I think I will pass on this one.
Old 06-24-2019, 01:57 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom78418 View Post
Quote from the Hadley Operating and Service Manual: “Important: When towing, jacking, or raising the vehicle for service, the white harness plug, located near the manifold assembly must be disconnected. This will prevent the SAMS system from operating and eliminating the potential for unexpected suspension movement that may cause damage to the vehicle or personal injury.”
i need a manual to figure out what all the SAMS and CSB and all the other terms use here mean. personally i dont care for the hadley thing its mainly the alarm part constantly going off, but i do rarely use my jack if ever, well maybe one to play with them. I do a lot of BLM dry camping. it does work good, just the stop the alarm when not at ride height. alarms always get me excited since my last fleetwood many problems there.
N6CUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 03:18 PM   #25

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6CUS View Post
i need a manual to figure out what all the SAMS and CSB and all the other terms use here mean. personally i dont care for the hadley thing its mainly the alarm part constantly going off, but i do rarely use my jack if ever, well maybe one to play with them. I do a lot of BLM dry camping. it does work good, just the stop the alarm when not at ride height. alarms always get me excited since my last fleetwood many problems there.

If I am remembering correctly, the Anthem's Hadley system didn't get the air compressor until MY (model year) 2019, so having this bulletin performed probably will not negatively impact you. However, now that Entegra has added a compressor to the Hadley system, it's important to us 2019 owners that our systems do not turn off when we air level, because the system wakes up every so often, checks and adjusts the level if necessary. So that's why your seeing some of the "problems" that we do not want that we believe this bulletin will cause... if the system is off, it can not wake up nor add air to adjust the level.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 04:27 PM   #26

As stated in Gary’s initial post in this thread:

“This potential problem involves all 2018-2020 model year K2, K3, and K4 chassis which may equipped with an auxiliary compressor supplied by Hadley and built between October 26, 2016 and April 15, 2019.”

Our 2018 Cornerstone was completed by Entegra in early October 2017. Obviously the Spartan K3 chassis would have been built prior to that time – let’s say mid-2017. Our Hadley system does NOT have an auxiliary air compressor.

If a K3 chassis built in that time frame doesn’t have an auxiliary compressor, I doubt a K2 built in that time frame does either. So what Spartan chassis built as early as October 26, 2016 would have an auxiliary compressor? My guess is the K4, which to the best of my knowledge is used only by Foretravel.

The 2019 model year Cornerstones (K3 chassis) did come with an auxiliary compressor. I suspect the 2019 Anthems (K2 chassis) did as well – and Dewey’s post above confirms that to be the case.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 04:42 PM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWat View Post
If I am remembering correctly, the Anthem's Hadley system didn't get the air compressor until MY (model year) 2019, so having this bulletin performed probably will not negatively impact you. However, now that Entegra has added a compressor to the Hadley system, it's important to us 2019 owners that our systems do not turn off when we air level, because the system wakes up every so often, checks and adjusts the level if necessary. So that's why your seeing some of the "problems" that we do not want that we believe this bulletin will cause... if the system is off, it can not wake up nor add air to adjust the level.
thats must be that clicking i hear when a park a little on the my drive way apron and key is off
N6CUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:20 AM   #28

Nor'easters Club
I agree with that ride height alarm! I refused take delivery because of that alarm...dealer didn’t know what it was either! (Their first 18 delivery) Fortunately I learned about silencing it by tapping the arrow switch .
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service, spartan