Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2021, 12:26 PM   #1

New Coach Warning

After removing furniture, installing under rv LED lighting, and door handles (8) so my wife and I could open the medicine cabinets and a drawers (what were they thinking). I decided to use my compressor and clean under the slideouts. I found enough screws to build a new coach, a 1lb bag of wiring bits and bobs, several caulking gun tips, and several full containers on my shark vacuum of various wood bits, hard plastic gunk, and more. Mind you I just finished the passenger side of our 2021 Anthem. The rollers were clogged with masking paper used for painting (getting it off was a chore), plus large round 3/4" plywood cut outs most likely for plumbing. I was wondering why the slides would stick and move roughly and I found it. I am surprised the tile floors hadn't cracked with metal bits stuck on the rollers. You wouldn't know it was the same coach after cleaning the underside, smooth, and quiet ( it was like biking on gravel). Beware, this could be the case with every Entegra DP regardless of model (they all go down the same assembly line, and with the same workers). I can't wait to see what I find under the drivers side slideouts! I will post photos and post then.
RandyRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2021, 03:21 PM   #2

That is very disappointing to hear!
2013 Harley RG on a HydraLift
Mike&Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 03:41 PM   #3

Welcome to the world of Thor Industries. Now you know what us entry level coach owners have known for a long time. Quality goes out the window when Thor takes ownership. It also reduces the actual choices we have when one company produces so many of the RVs on the road.
Hurricane-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 03:49 PM   #4

Had a stick built house in Neshaminy Valley some 40 years ago. Built on a slab when some builders grade carpet went bad and needed replacing we found lots of dried, caked up mud underneath of it all.
The Tiffin Allegro 31IA was found to have wire strippings and wire nippings, screws and plywood cutouts under the sink area, when servicing the furnace. Our new doublewide had about a half pound of nails and screws left on top of the roof and far more was left scattered about the outside. No one has cared for a very long time. Only the end user cares about the shoddy workmanship that went into their possessions.
Old 12-07-2021, 03:50 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
New Coach Warning

Since the very beginning, Entegra has had problems with clean up. If that’s your only issues, consider yourself very lucky! Welcome to the world of new coach ownership. And Entegra is not unique.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 05:11 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
Since the very beginning, Entegra has had problems with clean up. If that’s your only issues, consider yourself very lucky! Welcome to the world of new coach ownership. And Entegra is not unique.
X2 and it goes all the way back to Travel Supreme. Long before Thor was even close to being involved.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 05:16 AM   #7

I had a fifth wheel built in 2012 and there was a lump under the carpet. The dealer kept trying to flatten it down with his foot and when it didn't work I insisted that this problem was corrected before I took the RV off their lot. It turned out to be a pack of cigarettes under the carpet.

When we bought our Entegra, I found 2 plastic pry bars in our medicine cabinet. I still use them around my shop.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 08:39 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Perhaps we were lucky that our new then 2018 Anthem was used at the Super show in Tampa after we had bought it. They, Lazy Days, told us that it was committed for the show as we were completing the purchase. We weren't thrilled but were assured that any damage would be fixed and the coach thoroughly cleaned. To date we have found nothing like what has been mentioned in this thread. My guess is they went through it prior to the show and after.

And this thread has started me thinking that buying used, may be the way to go, if we were looking to trade; just to have all of those first year or two issues taken care of. Or off the lot, like we did, as the dealer will probably do a more thorough check before displaying it. Food for thought.
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
garysfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 05:47 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
You would think the factory would clean things up. No...well then what the dealer charges assuming they would clean things up...No...then sad. I think I would be writing a letter to Entegra. Had a Tiffin before and definitely think Bob Tiffin would want to know. Hopefully Entegra would be the same. Has to be disappointing. I have a '17, and still have found a few screws in areas.
Ohio44718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 05:56 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
When we got our '15, we packed up all the construction debris we found, and sent it to Tadd and he said it would be forwarded to production. Apparently, not much has changed.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 06:00 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcosdad View Post
When we got our '15, we packed up all the construction debris we found, and sent it to Tadd and he said it would be forwarded to production. Apparently, not much has changed.
It did for awhile. While there for our PDI on the 14 they had shop vacs in all of the coaches under construction when we took a tour. I think the shop vacs went into storage when Tadd left.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 06:33 PM   #12

I want to add my experience. In my 2018 Cornerstone the manufacturing did not clean this coach inside the walls, back behind drawers and etc. It is ridiculous that Entegra delivers a coach without cleaning the " not so visible" . I could start a hardware business with parts I collected! And Waste Managment would have a business cleaning my behind the walls coach. Disapointing! This is not ISO neither Six Sigma manufacturing! This is "we do not care".
Old 12-08-2021, 07:17 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
A consequence of paying for piece work. Nobody "owns" the waste by-products.

This is a management problem that could literally be resolved in minutes. Clear guidance to clean up your work. Periodic inspections. Serious reprecussions including monetary penalty. No excuses.

This is such an important fix that I am surprised that production management and senior management hasen't implemented corrective action.
dcphil_98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 07:54 PM   #14
WDW

We had a rattle in the half bath that turned out to be a very nice, relatively new razor knife under the bottom draw in the vanity. Most expensive tool I ever bought — LOL.
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warning