Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2013, 05:00 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
New Cornerstone Floor Plans

We have been looking at Entegra's since 2011. Each time we are put off by the floor plans. First a 2011 Anthem with zero kitchen storage and we purchased a 2011 Tradition 42P. We stepped down from an ISM to an ISL engine with the Tradition. While we are otherwise pleased with the Tradition I would like more power and a decent roof mounted awning. We had planned to upgrade to a 2014 Eagle and have one on order for a late September delivery, but I still have reservations about the Freightliner clips and DD13 engine combination in the Liberty chassis. I really like the way the 2014 Cornerstone bath and a half is equipped and priced but have a few issues that keep it off our list. The refrigerator is installed in such a way as the doors won't fully open to allow you to easily remove the bottom drawers, the front shade /blind doesn't cover the windshield and the shade / blind control design, is not well thought through. From what I have read on this forum Entegra has done nothing to address those issues.

Does anyone know if Entegra has a plan to introduce an improved bath and a half floor plan in the near future. It would be nice to have a viable alternative to a Freightliner based American Eagle.

Dave
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2013, 05:25 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Look at the new Aspire 45' floor plan. Something like
it will probably move up the line.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:46 PM   #3

I don't think you will find any coach on the market that has 100% of everything you are looking for. It is all a matter of priorities and foremost dealing with a great company. Any other wants and needs can always be added, modified, customized....it's easy to change the little things.
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:00 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

The Aspire 44B is available in the Anthem. It's not yet shown on the website though. This same floorplan will be available in the Cornerstone but I don't know if it's available now or if it will be a short wait. I'm sure you could order one though. A call to Entegra would verify the timing of that. One neat feature of the 44B layout is that it gives you the look of a full wall slide while still retaining the structural integrity of a quad slide design. Entegra was able to do this by routing the galley sink drain line through their thick wood floor structure so that they didn't need a large enclosure next to the slideout to pass the water lines into.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:42 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfunde01 View Post

Does anyone know if Entegra has a plan to introduce an improved bath and a half floor plan in the near future. It would be nice to have a viable alternative to a Freightliner based American Eagle.

Dave
This is the latest floorplan I know about "44B." Talking to Tad, this will be on the Aspire and Anthem, then working to the Cornerstone
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Aspire44B.pdf (54.5 KB, 152 views)
rvbmw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:01 AM   #6

Can someone who has a bath and 1/2 explain why you would want the 1/2 bath? I'm sure there's a good reason, but why give up that space when you could have more "living/storage" space that you always use vs. the occasional times it would be "nice" to have the 1/2 bath for guests or your significant other is using the one bath?
Jake62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:35 AM   #7

Both our previous Allegro 36LA and our current Phaeton 42LH had/have bath and a half. Both have plenty of storage capacity for us. We're not using it all currently, I think we need more stuff
When getting ready in the mornings or to go somewhere the half bath makes the coach feel larger than it really is. I finish in the half bath while DW uses the full bath, we are not getting in each others way.
Having a private master bath not shared with guests feels more like a home to me and that "home" feeling is part of why we chose the floor plan we have.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:38 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

That's always been something that has been a user preference. Sort of like full wall slides. Some like the look. Some don't. My opinion (and it's only an opinion ) is that the bath and a half can be handy. The rear bath offers more room than a mid bath and gives you some privacy if you have company. It can also be handy when someone has to use the "facilities" in a hurry when someone else is in the way.

However, as you mentioned, there is a drawback. There is only so much room in a motorhome and if you use it to build one area you take it away from another. I've seen rear baths in a 40' Phaeton that was useless and really messed up the floorplan, With a 42-43' coach you have compromises and you may or may not want the rear bath (that's usually where the preference thing comes in). But in a 45' coach there is usually enough room that you can do the rear bath without impacting forward floor space too much. Many 45' floorplans waste space so if you get one that is efficiently laid out you should be able to have your cake and eat it too. Less than 45' - not so much.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:45 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake62 View Post
Can someone who has a bath and 1/2 explain why you would want the 1/2 bath? I'm sure there's a good reason, but why give up that space when you could have more "living/storage" space that you always use vs. the occasional times it would be "nice" to have the 1/2 bath for guests or your significant other is using the one bath?
I've had both and my current Anthem has one bath. It has a large vanity with two sinks a large tiled shower and a seperately stool room. In our opinion the extra room gained far out weighs carrying around the half bath for the few times you might need it. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:54 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
That's always been something that has been a user preference. Sort of like full wall slides. Some like the look. Some don't. My opinion (and it's only an opinion ) is that the bath and a half can be handy. The rear bath offers more room than a mid bath and gives you some privacy if you have company. It can also be handy when someone has to use the "facilities" in a hurry when someone else is in the way.

However, as you mentioned, there is a drawback. There is only so much room in a motorhome and if you use it to build one area you take it away from another. I've seen rear baths in a 40' Phaeton that was useless and really messed up the floorplan, With a 42-43' coach you have compromises and you may or may not want the rear bath (that's usually where the preference thing comes in). But in a 45' coach there is usually enough room that you can do the rear bath without impacting forward floor space too much. Many 45' floorplans waste space so if you get one that is efficiently laid out you should be able to have your cake and eat it too. Less than 45' - not so much.

Yep user preference. If we would have been okay with a RBQ we would have been in a 2013 Aspire a month ago instead of picking up the 2014 DLQ tomorrow or Friday. The savings was big as the 2013 was down to $239,000.00 but we still did not like the color inside or out and even though we could have lived with the RBQ it was not for us. Yamaha used to say "different strokes for different folks" since they were the only ones that made two stroke and four stroke bikes. I never liked much of anything they sold so I agree with them.

JJ
ShadowBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:00 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

I just found out that the 44B floorplan is available in the Cornerstone. It'll be called the 45B and the first one just came back from the paint shop today. Dealers can place an order right now and anyone visiting the plant wil probably be able to see it, at least for a few days until it's gone.

Not only are Entegras some of the best driving motorhomes on the road but they don't seem to like sitting around in the lot very long either because they are always gone.

Now, if Entegra wants to send me a 44B for long term testing (say 3-5 years) I could probably give you a good review on it.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:40 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
Yep user preference. If we would have been okay with a RBQ we would have been in a 2013 Aspire a month ago instead of picking up the 2014 DLQ tomorrow or Friday. The savings was big as the 2013 was down to $239,000.00 but we still did not like the color inside or out and even though we could have lived with the RBQ it was not for us. Yamaha used to say "different strokes for different folks" since they were the only ones that made two stroke and four stroke bikes. I never liked much of anything they sold so I agree with them.

JJ
And we could have had a different floorplan faster than waiting for the RBQ in the colors we wanted. But we really wanted the extra half bath. We love having his/her bath for getting ready, having a separate bath for guests and each having a bath on their side of the bed when we are parked overnight and unable to open the slides. Not to mention those double "facilities." Having the extra half bath was one of the requirements when we were coach shopping.

It's kinda like the difference between night owls and morning doves - the world needs both kinds to keep things from getting boring.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:49 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Does anyone have pictures of the inside of a 44B?
FlaSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:46 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

I have a bunch of them but I'll have to look through them. I did a road test and review article for Family Motor Coach Magazine and I can only show you the ones that are not in the article.