Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2022, 06:14 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
New dash

Entegra has put a video of the new dash on YouTube. It's here https://youtu.be/-vJdJb5mRQ0
Later...
Ray
RayandWendy is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2022, 06:56 PM   #2

The dash shown is fundamentally identical to my 2019 digital dash.... what is so new?

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 07:53 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have been looking at the dash for the last couple of days here at homecoming. At first it was a little underwhelming but it is growing on me. Much like the paint. It took a while but now we like it.

Same basic functionality as a digital dash with more of the left side buttons moved to the touch screen. Example: Steering wheel tilt. And more functionality is built into the steering wheel buttons.

We have noticed a few other small improvements in the 2023 coaches that have been less advertised. Fireplace swings out to allow storage, the drivers seat is lower so my wife’s feet can rest on the floor, the cabinet above the wine fridge now has a drawer in it, the window in the kitchen is better, the dash HVAC is improved, front axel is different, etc…..

Not enough to make me want to upgrade just yet. We want a much bigger windows option and no carpet.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 08:16 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
How about no carpet? Not sure why Entegra is so far behind on this.
Old 05-19-2022, 09:23 PM   #5

how does the 360 camera compare to the existing one.

They talk about 6 cameras, but I am not sure if they are including the 2 cameras in the mirrors, if they are then there is no change/improvement other than adding the beeping sound (which is a good thing).

Also the video doesn’t show a display on the upper part of the middle dash screen. Have you seen that??

thanks
Van Sayler
2022 Cornerstone 44B
Old 05-20-2022, 04:44 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVFunlovers View Post
I have been looking at the dash for the last couple of days here at homecoming. At first it was a little underwhelming but it is growing on me. Much like the paint. It took a while but now we like it.

Same basic functionality as a digital dash with more of the left side buttons moved to the touch screen. Example: Steering wheel tilt. And more functionality is built into the steering wheel buttons.

We have noticed a few other small improvements in the 2023 coaches that have been less advertised. Fireplace swings out to allow storage, the drivers seat is lower so my wife’s feet can rest on the floor, the cabinet above the wine fridge now has a drawer in it, the window in the kitchen is better, the dash HVAC is improved, front axel is different, etc…..

Not enough to make me want to upgrade just yet. We want a much bigger windows option and no carpet.
I like the idea of the fireplace swinging out. A lot of lost space behind. Sounds like a good mod when I am bored. Anyone have pictures?
Ohio44718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 05:13 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I hope that the new dash is not all black and white digital screens as seen in the video. The radio screen in my 21 is black and white, very boring for a new model coach. The one color on the 23 dash does let one see what function is selected easier, but the other digital dashes are in color and not a problem seeing what function is in use.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 05:15 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsayler View Post
how does the 360 camera compare to the existing one.

They talk about 6 cameras, but I am not sure if they are including the 2 cameras in the mirrors, if they are then there is no change/improvement other than adding the beeping sound (which is a good thing).

Also the video doesn’t show a display on the upper part of the middle dash screen. Have you seen that??

thanks
Van Sayler
2022 Cornerstone 44B

We were told the seems of the cameras are better on the 2023’s. But the coaches have the keys out of the so we can not power up the camera system and actually see the difference.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 05:48 AM   #9

I didn't care for it from the posted link video. If you go to Entegra's website, the video has Pat commenting on it explaining the design...they're pitching it as a "safe view dash".
Denie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 05:54 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denie View Post
And here I thought I was gunna have to pony up an additional $50K for a 2023 so I could have the new dash. I personally don't care for it. Now to find a 2022 model...
Don't shy away from a 21, it has a great dash but the radio is still B&W. I am not too keen on the foot kicker center either. I don't like having to adjust my seat each time I stop to get out, but that's just me. Maybe it is better in person.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 06:27 AM   #11

Now they've made the coach cockpit look like city buses did in Pittsburgh in the 1960s with a coin counter right as you got on the bus. This new video screen is more of a "shoe smacker" than the old console ever was, and I can't look at it without thinking I would need to drop quarters in it every time I climbed aboard, but may that is just me......

We live and adapt.... !!

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 07:44 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
I can't look at it without thinking I would need to drop quarters in it every time I climbed aboard, but may that is just me......

We live and adapt.... !!

Gary
Just put a "New Coach Cup" there and start saving up for the next coach.
Old 05-20-2022, 08:54 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVFunlovers View Post
We were told the seems of the cameras are better on the 2023’s. But the coaches have the keys out of the so we can not power up the camera system and actually see the difference.

Thanks for the feedback
Van
Old 05-20-2022, 01:53 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

I checked out the new Cornerstone today. Quite a bit of improvements, and of course a few changes not real fond of - but that's typical with any brand because they have to build them for everyone - and we're all different.

The new overhead air vents are nice. That will make a big difference in keeping the coach cool when driving.

The new dash is nice, and it was about time. The old Travel Supreme dash has been around way too many years. The idea behind the dash is to have as much as possible within a driver's view without having to dip down to see things. The main instrument panel is raised much higher so that it is easier to see but it's kept as a narrow stack so that the driver can still see the mirrors. The center console stack is also quite high for the same reason. The driver's vision sweeps from the left mirror to the top portion of the IP then over to the top of the center stack, which holds the camera monitor and other displays, and then over to the right side mirror. There is no nodding up and down to pick up your camera view, mirrors or speedometer. Another nice features is that the power windshield privacy shades now fall straight down onto the dash to seal it up without having to jockey the shades to keep light out like on the older humped dash.

The steering wheel has more controls to help the driver keep his eyes on the road and not have to look over at side consoles to find key switches and controls. The same cruise control and wiper controls are on the Smart Wheel as before, with the exception of an additional rain sensor wipers mode, but a third section at the bottom of the wheel now replaces the rotary control that changes the parameters of the digital dash. The Jake brake controls are also relegated to paddle switches beneath the left side of the steering wheel so you don't have to take your hand off the wheel to control the three speed compression brake when descending a curvy downgrade.

The center stack dash holds a number of controls and functions. Think of it as a Vegatouch for the Spartan chassis. It reminds me quite a bit like our Jeep Wrangler JK and Gladiator except there's more to control. The new camera system uses 6 cameras to provide a 360 degree view, which is a color display and quite sharp in resolution. It shares a split screen with the rear view camera, which can be digitally angled between a hitch view, mid-view and a way back view. Unfortunately the rear camera serves dual duty as one of the 360 cameras so if you have the rear camera set in the way-back mode you lose the 360 view. But you will retain the 360 view in the other two rear camera modes.

The new Meritor front suspension is a big step up. It's still a 20K front axle but the control arms have been redesigned for a smoother ride and quicker response by using engineering rather than bulk for strength. Similar to having aluminum rims versus steel for less unsprung weight and quicker shock absorber response. The shocks are now Koni shocks and an anti-sway bar is also built into this package. The entire assembly just bolts into the front frame section and is preset and dialed in prior to being installed in the chassis. Ride and handling improvements will be noticeable and similar to Freightliner's V-ride chassis improvement.

The dash HVAC system is all new. The only dash HVAC system I ever really liked was in the American Eagle. Everything else is a compromise at best, regardless of brand. The new Bergstrom dual zone HVAC system is the heart of this. Dual zones allow the driver and passenger to set their own comfort settings. If traveling eastbound or westbound someone always gets the heat of the sun while the opposite side doesn't. The dual zones let the driver set the heat or cooling level to their satisfaction while the passenger can control their own zone via their touch screen panel on their side console. The new system is rated at 12KW versus the 7.9KW of the previous single zone system so you should finally get some performance from the dash air, which never quite cut the mustard in the past.

The dash HVAC airflow has also been improved. After all, what good is more heat or cooling if you can't get it to the occupants. The airflow has been upped to 1500 CFM versus the previous 800CFM. Part of this is due to larger fans but also due to the improved ducting. Instead of corrugated flex hose, which severely restricts air flow and can be kinked, the new ductwork is molded ABS with large rectangular passages, a gentle radiuses and smooth interior walls. Another impressive improvement is the defroster vents. I can't remember how many times I've had to wipe off the windshield so I could see my mirrors when driving in cold weather, rain or when crossing mountain ranges. The defroster ducts were minimal and the air flow from them never would reach over the edges of the windshield where the mirrors were. The new system has a huge array of large ducts spread across the entire width of the windshield that are fed by a plenum to ensure every vent gets equal airflow rather than just the two center vents.

The Equalizer jacks are controlled by the touch screen center stack panel but can also be controlled by a bluetooth smart phone app or by the traditional control panel which is located in the basement compartment beneath the driver's seat. This panel contains all of the logic to operate the jacks and eliminates the remote control box and its wiring harness. This panel can be used should the main touch screen fail or your phone app doesn't work. A new manifold fresh water system provides even water pressure to every faucet and also allows you to shut off any particular fixture if desired, which might be handy if you only want to dewinterize a few fixtures for a quick winter trip.

Below are photos of the new front suspension, the center stack console, the copilot's multiplex panel, one of the six 360 cams, the new Smart Wheel, the Equalizer jacks basement panel and the water manifold.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IFS.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	385.3 KB
ID:	366073   Click image for larger version

Name:	CenterStack.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	265.0 KB
ID:	366074  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Copilot.jpg