Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2016, 04:56 AM   #15

Ray, congrats on the new coach. Check out the reference to High Pressure Lockout about the middle right side of page 2..

http://www.airxcel.com/docs/default-...s.pdf?sfvrsn=2

These units are pretty much unserviceable unless it's a start or run capacitor, fan, or other exterior component.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2016, 07:07 AM   #16

Ray

Glad to hear that you are finally getting the coach going. I think that even with fully functioning AC units, 100-105 degree temps in the summer in the south are a lot for three AC units to handle. You should probably consider the purchase of a high quality shade system for the front and front/side windows (door, passenger, toll). There are a number available. These systems keep much of the solar energy outside of the coach. I just purchased one of the more expensive, but in my opinion, well worth the money, shade systems from MagneShade. There are a number of good shade threads here on iRV2 in the past couple of months. You want something easy to install and remove.

Living in Louisiana, I have found that camping in Galveston or Gulf Coast areas in the dead of summer to be a decision that tests all your equipment to the max. I have adopted the policy of visiting coastal and very high temp areas in the shoulder seasons and try to avoid the middle of the blistering heat of the summer. Not always possible, but I try to do it if I can.

The high temps in your breakers has been reported by others. FreshAir had some breakers melt into their positions and discussed it here on the forum. It is probably a combination of high or low line voltage and the temperatures induced from outside direct sun (the sun heating the outside area of the coach directly behind the circuit breaker box). You also should consider purchase and installation of a Progressive EMS HW50C power management system. The HW50C looks at a lot of power issues such as incoming power voltage from the "city" mains, over-voltage, surges, brown-outs etc, and if it sees any problems with the line power, takes the coach "off-line" until that situation is corrected. It has a read out that tells you what the error is so it quickly narrows down the problem. Mine is hard wired into the system so it monitors both the generator power and the city power and examines either one for proper condition. I closely examine the error codes when the coach is first plugged into the power pole and the Progressive will quickly tell you if there are problems. Brown-outs and low voltage conditions are not uncommon in older or poorly wired RV parks. If it goes off line, that doesn't help you with AC (or anything else), but it alerts you quickly to problems and you can either fire up the generator or also go up to the main office and report the problem and maybe move to a different pad. Low voltage can also cause excessive current draw by the air conditioners and that could be one reason the circuit breakers were very hot.

Just some ideas. Hope your new first trip is uneventful. Good luck..

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 07:10 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Congratulations on your new coach.... Welocme to the "Entegra Family"!
2004 Jeep Liberty Limited - FMCA #343990
BHutting is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra