Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2013, 10:49 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Hope is about all you'll get from most dealers. Competent service is rare in the dealership community. I would say 3 out of 4 dealers only give lip service to service and do a lousy job. I base this on many dealer experiences. Many times it is the independent service centers that give better service. They must make their living through service, not sales.

This is one reason why I bought at Lazydays for the second time in two purchases. They are one of the few dealers who give good service (if you are patient enough). As for timely service, that can be a problem at any dealership or service center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan JS View Post
I hope to get competent after purchase service at any dealership I approach .
Forest River stated on their site and at their dealerships that they prioritize their own customers but actually the quality of dealer repairs and service was incompetent and su-ked anyway. That was a lie and no help.

You would think that dealerships would realize that a sale is a one time event but maintenance and service are ongoing expenditures over years.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
I agree with Marc (As usual). I have to say - I am getting great service in Marion, NC from Tom Johnson - a relatively new Entegra dealer. I bought my first coach there about 5 years ago and find them to be as good as anyone I've dealt with.

But as Marc says - timeliness is generally the hardest issue. It seems as if all the dealers undersize their service depts.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #17

I have purchased 3 Newmars from CoachLight RV in Carthage, Mo. Couldn't be happier with sales and Service. I see on their site they now are an Entegra dealer. It would be worth a call to talk to Marty Lown....the owner and see what you can work out. Good Luck.
Old 06-28-2015, 10:38 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpbauer View Post
Do make sure of the build date on any coach. If you're getting a great price on an old unit (new, but pre 2014 changes), you might have some disappointments, especially on engineering changes to to ducted A/C.
When were these engineering changes made? We're looking at a new 2014 Anthem with a build date of Dec 2014 based upon the Major component Data sheet which lists all the electronics, A/C's etc and names the supplier and lists serial numbers.

I apologize for resurrecting this old thread but I'm in info gathering mode and wmpbauers mailbox is full.

Dan
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:59 AM   #19

We tried to purchase a used Aspire from LD. I was able to purchase a new Aspire from Eric at Orlando RV and save 20% and get the full 2 year warranty. The used one at LD HAS been on their lot for over 9 months and still didn't want to deal. Their salesmen knew less about the product than I did. I hate training sales people on their own products. LD didn't want to even match the price.

Nate did an excellent 4 hour training on the coach and allowed us to ask all the questions we wanted. We have his cell and he answers it on weekends
markanddee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:06 PM   #20

We bought our 2014 Anthem from LD's Tucson Completely over the phone and internet.
My salesman was very nice and shot straight. ( I think). I too wanted to see inside before we jumped so one Saturday DW and I hoped in truck and went to Alvarado I went into office to tell them what we were looking for they directed me to where they were on lot and I never saw anyone from MHSRV for the 2 hours we were there. ( We didn't buy from them).
Everything went good at LD'S except the guy giving us the walk thru.He was really bad.
He got in an argument with DW trying to tell her it had Propane. Every basement door he would say it's got to be here somewhere. There was a lot we didn't know but we did do some home work.
Ours had a in motion satelite and we wanted HD so we did pay some difference.
We had a good experience except for walk thru.

Jim and Judy ( 46years 7/1)
Thompson
2014 Anthem DEQ
Texas Jim 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:30 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeg View Post
When were these engineering changes made? We're looking at a new 2014 Anthem with a build date of Dec 2014 based upon the Major component Data sheet which lists all the electronics, A/C's etc and names the supplier and lists serial numbers.

I apologize for resurrecting this old thread but I'm in info gathering mode and wmpbauers mailbox is full.

Dan
The changes I think that was being alluded to is the change to the Bose stereo and a larger outside TV. Check to see if it has a Bose stereo. Also see if there is 2 or 3 lighting and shade control panels behind the pass side seat. Newer is 3 panel(more control). There were more changes like lighting, cargo bay inside door panels and latches, and a cable operated release for generator but I don't think these are deal breakers. Again, Entegra makes running changes. When they run out of old stock, they make the change so there is no definitive date for when changes are made, at least no date they will publish.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:36 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
We checked out LD's then RV One in Orlando. We might of done a deal with RV One but made one more call to National Indoor RV in Atlanta. They beat RV one's price by alot....manager of RV one swore that was the best price we could get from anyone. Wrong......14,000 less at NIRV Atlanta.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:53 PM   #23

X2 for National Indoor RV Centers in Atlanta. Most laid back (no pressure) and PROFESSIONAL people I experienced. Very satisfied with their service also. They also have a store in Dallas (not Entegra) and planning more around the US.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:56 PM   #24

X3 on National Indoor. They are very professional and knowledgable besides having great low prices and just plain good folks.

2016 Cornerstone 45B on order
Formerly 2011 & 2013 Anthems
2014 Lincoln MKT towed
Old 06-28-2015, 10:32 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Check with chuck,"Brobox" on his PDI with LD!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 03:52 AM   #26

It is always interesting how dealers and customers interact with each other and the differences that occur because we contacted RVONE, NIRV, YOUNGBLOODS, MHSRV and LAZYDAYS for bids on our 2016 Anthem . We never got a reply from one dealer, never a price from another but told to get our best and he would beat it and very similiar initial prices from the other three. On the second round one told us they had given us their best price, another came down another $2K and Lazydays willing negotiated over several days to be significantly less money then the rest.
While we would have preferred to do business with a particular dealer $23K from high to low is too much cash to pass up and admittedly a big chunk of it was in the trade in price. If we were not full timers we would have preferred to sell privately and then have a no trade deal but just too complicated !

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:17 AM   #27

I bought my Cornerstone earlier this year from Lazydays. I had a frustrating experience and would not buy from them again. I started a thread about it that you might find interesting. (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/very...ys-237173.html)

Like others have said, check out MHSRV in Alvarado, TX. Also, I've heard good things about Pharr RV in Lubbock, TX.

Anyone you go with is sure to have some pros and cons, but bottom line is at the end of it you are going to have a great coach, so just keep that in mind if you get discouraged. I love my Cornerstone!
RedRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:38 AM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
Check with chuck,"Brobox" on his PDI with LD!
What PDI The one I preformed myself failed dismally. After meeting the people from National Indoor at the Ribbon Cutting and what people here are saying about them, we were impressed.

I found out one thing, the Crown Club does not drive very well.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome