Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2018, 09:24 PM   #1

New Entegra or used Prevost

Am getting the itch for a change. We have a 2014 Cornerstone that we've had for a 3 or 4 years now and we like it a ton. Just thinking we'd like to try something different.

How are folks liking the new Anthem/Cornerstone? Does it come from the factory with all the kinks worked out? We were surprised by how many little nits we chased the first year of ownership. I'm thinking they've been making roughly the same coach for a long while now that they've got all the bugs ironed out.

An informal poll. If you had a choice between a new cornerstone and a 7 year old Liberty Prevost which would you choose?

Thanks for your insights. Cheers!
ikold is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2018, 09:40 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis

I can’t think of any Prevost I would rather have. The different floor height between driver and rest of coach is a deal breaker from the start.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 09:49 PM   #3

I like our 2015 Cornerstone not perfect but very nice....I have a friend who likes Prevost he recently bought a used featherlight he has been taking the coach to them trying to get issues worked out quite regularly. While I have not needed a dealer or factory to correct issues in /on our entegra(able to handle any minor issues my self). My friend has said he hopes they will be able to fix issues he is having soon because of $$$ it has cost him so far. Moral used Prevost may/will cost much more in maintaining.
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 10:04 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Give me a metal body Prevost anytime
Old 08-04-2018, 10:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
I can’t think of any Prevost I would rather have. The different floor height between driver and rest of coach is a deal breaker from the start.

The H3-45 model Prevost does have the drivers seat down lower than the main floor, but the driver is on the same level on the x3 chassis (7 years ago it would be Xl2). I think most people tend to prefer the brand they are in and it is chosen with multiple variables factored in. The Liberty is a first class conversion; it would get my vote.
Hoosier14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 11:08 PM   #6

Look carefully into the cost of repairs, and the cost of companies that can repair a Prevost conversion.

And as an owner of a 2 month old 2019 Cornerstone, I can assure you that they have NOT worked all the bugs out of the new Cornerstone. Still a great coach. but look for some of the threads on here that deal with issues and problems and you will be more aware.

The old saying about "there is no such thing as a free lunch" comes to mind with either option.....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 07:35 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
This is my third Cornerstone, given you could find a pre owned Liberty with documented chassis maintenance records, the right floor plan, and the interior has been kept updated, and a comparable price, I'd take the Liberty any day. However, know what you are jumping into before you do. There are several Prevost forums around with a wealth of knowledge with lots of first hand knowledge and people willing to help you make a sound decision. Do your homework first.
Old 08-05-2018, 08:02 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikold View Post
Am getting the itch for a change. We have a 2014 Cornerstone that we've had for a 3 or 4 years now and we like it a ton. Just thinking we'd like to try something different.

How are folks liking the new Anthem/Cornerstone? Does it come from the factory with all the kinks worked out? We were surprised by how many little nits we chased the first year of ownership. I'm thinking they've been making roughly the same coach for a long while now that they've got all the bugs ironed out.

An informal poll. If you had a choice between a new cornerstone and a 7 year old Liberty Prevost which would you choose?

Thanks for your insights. Cheers!

Just the cost/depreciation of upgrading through 3 Cornerstones would make a looong lasting Prevost very affordable.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 09:04 AM   #9

Be sure to count the number of slides....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 09:08 AM   #10

There are credible arguments to be made on either side of your question, but if you're considering used Prevost-based motorhomes I would add used Newells to the mix as well.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 09:24 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
If you are going to go Prevost, Liberty is the "best of the best!!" Stick with the Detroit, forget the Volvo engine. The 60 series is bullet proof.

I personally prefer the H over the XL body. But, remember slide-rooms are down to 2, maybe a third one in the bedroom.

The work-men-ship is amazing. Takes you to a much higher level than any Entegra could.

Prevost service centers, I believe they are 6 throughout the Country and they are very good. Service for the Liberty is in Chicago or Stuart, Fl. Whatever you think the bill is.... Double it But it will be done right.

I love Liberty
Old 08-05-2018, 10:35 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Two year warranty versus out of warranty is high in my train of thought. Hopefully that is not too much of a mixed metaphor.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 01:05 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
I can't speak for a Prevost, but I can make an ownership comparison between a 14 Entegra and a 19. Our 14 was as buggy as they made, 90% of it vendors junk, or subcontractor's paint. The paint on the 19 is perfect!
We just picked up a 19 Cornerstone, only have 600 miles on it, but I can honestly say there is no comparison between the 14 and 19, almost as if they were built by different companies. My 14 had been in the shop twice in the first 500 miles, plus returned to Entegra and Spartan for the first 3 months. I can't complain about the service and why we bought a second one.

The 19 has no air leaks, it drives true down the road, does not bang on every bump in the road. It drives and feels like a brand new MH, my 14 took 2 years to get to the point that it drove as nice as the 19 off the lot. Will it be bug free, I doubt it, I don't think they make any RV bug free including boats, which I can also attest to. However I am pleased that I drove home 600 miles without a long list of things to fix when I parked it in my storage hanger. The improvements in vendor items over the 14 are nice, great camera setup instead of the purple ones we had on the 14 with no adjustments.
Entegra did an outstanding job listening to the customers and it shows on the 19's, the digital dash is awesome.

Answer if I had my choice between a 19 Cornerstone or a 7 year old Pervost, I chose all the new electronics, brand new furniture, interior design and the 2 year warranty backed by a great company which I can also attest to.....I used them a lot.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 01:54 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
To me the three most important things on a coach are floorplan, floorplan, and floorplan. Entegra has what I want and the Prevost’s and Newells do not. If I were buying a new Newell for $2mm, I could custom design the floorplan that I want, but not with a used one. So If I buy another coach it will likely be another Entegra, because they have what I want and the used busses do not.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra