Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2021, 10:25 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
New Entegra Reatta XL 40Q2 Owner

Hello,

Joe and Doris here from Northeast Florida. We took delivery of our 2021 Entegra Reatta XL 40Q2 late in February and have been on our initial shakedown cruise since Feb 28th. Stayed at a local RV park for six days moving to 3-differents sites there within that time frame and then moved on to another park for this past weekend. This one is pretty barebone.

We have been RVing since 2006. Started off with a 24 foot Gulf Stream Travel Trailer, upgraded to 2008 Montana 36 ft., 4 -slide fiver, then (after youngest daughter started having grandchildren) evolved to a 36 foot Winnebago Sigthseer, and now the Reatta.

We have identified some issues that need to be resolved and are waiting for our dealer to get back to us with a date we can turn the rig in for those repairs and adjustments. Some of those issues have been and are currently the topics of several threads on this forum.

I.E.

1. Saniflow toilet not flushing. Entegra actually sent the replacement control panel to us via the dealership and that is being installed tomorrow. (Considered emergency recall. They will work on the panel, but nothing else until a later service appointment scheduled for April 1st.)

2. Macerator making a lot of noise, but not macerating. Not a drop of fluid is even flowing thru the macerator hose from either the black or grey tanks. I have check valve lever positions and they seem to correlate with the manual. I’m thinking there is something wrong with macerator cutoff valve, but again it appears to be in the pulled-up position described in the manual as the “normal” position for macerator operations. This is one of those issues that can wait for April 1st, but would just like to figure it out on my own.

3. Our Aqua-hot, a 250D, boiler stopped firing up. Before leaving our last site, DW alerted me to warning light on the Vegatouch monitor showing the Aqua-flow system had been disable because of low antifreeze level or blown fuse. Coach has less than 2,000 miles on it, so was surprised at how much antifreeze it consumed. Made a quick dash to CW and bought 2 of the 3 gallons they had in stock. Warning light went off when I refilled the fluid to cold level mark, but burner hasn’t reignited since. Inspected the in-line fuse and found it ok, and performed a reset procedure I learned from you Entegra Veterans. Still a no-go. I will try that once again today, but this time not introducing any outside power source until the engine has run for awhile. My thought being the burner is fuel starved and maybe running the engine refresh things.

I have found the owners manuals and other documentation that comes with coach to either nebulous, convoluted, or possibly missing. I mean there is more information on how to operate my dash a/c than there is on the features, or lack there of and operation of the awning system, etc.

Any suggestions from you sage Entegra vets would be more than appreciated!

Cheers!
Joe and Doris
Joe-n-Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2021, 11:03 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-n-Doe View Post
Hello,

Joe and Doris here from Northeast Florida. We took delivery of our 2021 Entegra Reatta XL 40Q2 late in February and have been on our initial shakedown cruise since Feb 28th. Stayed at a local RV park for six days moving to 3-differents sites there within that time frame and then moved on to another park for this past weekend. This one is pretty barebone.

We have been RVing since 2006. Started off with a 24 foot Gulf Stream Travel Trailer, upgraded to 2008 Montana 36 ft., 4 -slide fiver, then (after youngest daughter started having grandchildren) evolved to a 36 foot Winnebago Sigthseer, and now the Reatta.

We have identified some issues that need to be resolved and are waiting for our dealer to get back to us with a date we can turn the rig in for those repairs and adjustments. Some of those issues have been and are currently the topics of several threads on this forum.

I.E.

1. Saniflow toilet not flushing. Entegra actually sent the replacement control panel to us via the dealership and that is being installed tomorrow. (Considered emergency recall. They will work on the panel, but nothing else until a later service appointment scheduled for April 1st.)

2. Macerator making a lot of noise, but not macerating. Not a drop of fluid is even flowing thru the macerator hose from either the black or grey tanks. I have check valve lever positions and they seem to correlate with the manual. I’m thinking there is something wrong with macerator cutoff valve, but again it appears to be in the pulled-up position described in the manual as the “normal” position for macerator operations. This is one of those issues that can wait for April 1st, but would just like to figure it out on my own.

The macerator has a gray pull valve up behind the wet bay wall. To use the macerator you need to have the lowest black pull vavle in the closed position and the gray pull valve behind the wall in the open position. If I had my coach I would take a pic but we're at NIRVC getting a few things taken care of prior t our 3 month trip in April.

3. Our Aqua-hot, a 250D, boiler stopped firing up. Before leaving our last site, DW alerted me to warning light on the Vegatouch monitor showing the Aqua-flow system had been disable because of low antifreeze level or blown fuse. Coach has less than 2,000 miles on it, so was surprised at how much antifreeze it consumed. Made a quick dash to CW and bought 2 of the 3 gallons they had in stock. Warning light went off when I refilled the fluid to cold level mark, but burner hasn’t reignited since. Inspected the in-line fuse and found it ok, and performed a reset procedure I learned from you Entegra Veterans. Still a no-go. I will try that once again today, but this time not introducing any outside power source until the engine has run for awhile. My thought being the burner is fuel starved and maybe running the engine refresh things.

We had a similar issue with fluid suddenly disappearing but no leak. It seems (at least Entegra CS thinks) we had an airlock that finally worked its way out and the reservoir filled in the air lock with fluid. We burned 2 control thermostats during this time (replaced under warranty one of the times in very cold weather ~20degrees) You can jumper the control thermostat by unplugging the two wires to the thermostat and placing a car blade type of fuse in between the two wires and if the control thermostat is the issue the AH will fire. You can use this to take a shower or get some hot water until you can get it to the service center. Page 14 of the attached book shows the thermostat. The control thermostat is located left hand side 2/3 of the way up just above the water inlet/outlets. Any fuse size (or jump wire) will work to jumper it and when jumpered you can use you phone all to call for heat to see if it fires. By the way the AH works much more effectively now without the airlock.

I have found the owners manuals and other documentation that comes with coach to either nebulous, convoluted, or possibly missing. I mean there is more information on how to operate my dash a/c than there is on the features, or lack there of and operation of the awning system, etc.

Any suggestions from you sage Entegra vets would be more than appreciated!

Cheers!
Joe and Doris

Welcome Joe, I have a Reatta XL 40Q2 2020 version. I have added some commnets into items 2 and 3 above inline.
jeff.herren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 12:44 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Hi Jeff,

Thank-you for your reply! RE: AH, You referenced page 14 of an attached book. What book is that? I can probably download it.

Joe
Old 03-15-2021, 06:51 AM   #4

Sorry, I did not see the manual is too large to load here.

The link to it on Aquahot's site.

http://www.aquahot.com/files/service...e%20Manual.pdf
jeff.herren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 11:42 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Got it....I have that manual and had skipped over page 14 because I thought it only related to the 250P.

Anyway, performed your suggested fix. Burner still wouldn't ignite. Something in the AH was on, because I could hear the hum of a motor, or something. I turned the unit off before disconnecting and jumping the two leads. When I powered up and turned the AH on something engaged (Hum again) and when I broke the connection it turned off.

I'm at the dealer for a prearranged service appointment to install the new control panel for Saniflow. The dealership considers loss of hot water a critical issue and are working on the AH as well as the toilet.

Regarding the macerator: Discovered I was looking up from the bypass valve and not behind it. Found the correct valve and all is well. Thanks for the help!
Old 03-16-2021, 03:15 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Update on my Saniflo toilet and Aqua-Hot problems.

Got to the dealership at 9:30 A.M. and left at 5.....long day!

Dealership replaced the old Saniflo control panel with the new one they sent me. With the exception of adding more water to the bowl before the actual flow, it still remains a Noflo toilet. I'm thinking of making a video using a colored Gator Aid to demonstrate the toilet's inefficiency to flush.

Dealer said the Diesel Burner Control is shot and that they have ordered a replacement. This means showers during next week's spring break trip with the grandkids will be taken at the campground's shower house. Bummer!
Old 03-16-2021, 06:10 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Joe, is the toilet in the Reatta the SaniMarin?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 08:18 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Joe, is the toilet in the Reatta the SaniMarin?
Yes
Old 03-17-2021, 08:40 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for that clarification. Sorry to hear the TSB for those of us that were to receive the new flush panels do not work.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 05:46 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Thanks for that clarification. Sorry to hear the TSB for those of us that were to receive the new flush panels do not work.
Chuck,

Take a look at your earlier thread regarding the SaniFlo. I have to reverse my original position and state the new panel did result in improvements. I performed a few tests of my own to see just how functional the flush cycles are , as well as shared a link to a youtube video produced by SaniMarin regarding instalation and operation their toilets. https://youtu.be/jFZDf_LHaJI

Joe
Old 03-18-2021, 06:56 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
I was able to upload the video I made to an Entegra Owner's FB page. Here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Ente...13952312034938

Tags
entegra