RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2020, 03:44 AM   #1

New Entegra Reatta XL

Hello All,

After 5 years summering in and putting 38K miles on our Class A Outlaw, we doubled down for a 2020 Reatta XL a few weeks at TerryTown in Grand Rapids, MI.
There are a few issues to have fixed, but overall it is a very comfortable coach which did not leave us stranded as we cruised back to South Florida.
Loving the torque to push up the mountains and prevent Tractor Trailer block in on the interstates.
It is near silent inside with the A/Cs which makes having company in Florida enjoyable.

Unfortunately we have one A/C (rear/bedroom) not cooling at times, and we have not had it in for initial service yet.
Can anyone assist with troubleshooting A/C? When that A/C is cooling properly it dropps temperatures quiet quickly. What is odd is when we turn it off there is residual air pushing through from the mid A/C. Are the mid and rear ducts joined?
OvalSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2020, 05:27 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Can't help with the diagnotics ... but if it is not cooling, probably won't and will need to be replaced. You do not have to take your coach to your original dealer. Entegra will pay for any qualified RV repair place/person to do repairs on a covered item. Find a qualified place near you or a qualified company that will come to you .... call customer service and ask them what you need to do to have them fix it. Usually, either Entegra will pay the company directly, or if need be, will reimburse you. fyi
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 07:01 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
If the Reatta is built similar to the Aspires, Anthems and Cornerstones all the air ducts are connected front to back.
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
garysfb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 08:33 AM   #4

I had a similar issue with the mid AC on our PDI of our Reatta XL. During PDI they replaced that AC unit. Once since then I had a compressor not starting but blower would run. I flipped the AC breaker and reset that 120v circuit and all has been well from then on (4 months and 600k miles since the 120V reset). I think I left the AC on when unplugging and it confused things with the controller of the AC and the breaker switch released the 'confusion'.
jeff.herren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 08:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysfb View Post
If the Reatta is built similar to the Aspires, Anthems and Cornerstones all the air ducts are connected front to back.

Correct, Fully ducted front to back like their big brothers. You can 'augment' the hot spot by increasing the fan speed on the other 2 units (or one depending on FP)
Old 08-20-2020, 06:52 PM   #6

How do you like the Reatta XL besides the ac problem? I am thinking of purchasing one.
jgperegrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 07:30 PM   #7

Welcome!

We also had an early failure on an AC on our Aspire.

I was finally able to get CS to use a mobile guy, but they were very reluctant because they felt the AC should be lifted up mechanically instead of the old way of pushing it up a ladder. Apparently too much other damage during warranty.

Luckily I have it stored in a barn and was able to block and tackle it in place to make it an easy swap.

Word of warning: if its the same my Aspire, you have to reuse the air blocking divider on the bottom of the original AC. I almost got caught, and others here have had the problem as well. If you or the mobile tech forgets the divider, return and cold air are attached and most of the air stays in the roof.

Steve
Old 08-21-2020, 06:57 AM   #8

Thank you all for the reply’s. Good to hear that all ducts are connected - it was driving me crazy trying to troubleshoot.
I’ll try resetting the power, and take it in for replacement if the reset doesn’t work.

Overall we really like the Reatta XL. We almost bought the Reatta, but I had to have more torque and on-demand hot water.

There is a small list of issues, but the nothing that is really hitting hard. We have the 39BH. The only thing we would like is to have a queen size pull out couch. This one has a full size, and most have theater seating. Other than than it rides smooth, is very quiet inside, and has plenty of torque. With the slides in it is narrow but has more walk room than most others.
Old 08-21-2020, 07:00 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgperegrine View Post
How do you like the Reatta XL besides the ac problem? I am thinking of purchasing one.

8500 miles on our Reatta XL 40Q2 over 5 months. We love it. We had about 20 items on our initial punch list including the replaced AC. There are a couple of items I will address that are standard on their 'big brothers' first of which is to replace at least one roof vent with the MaxxAIR deluxe, rear unit, so I can run it while driving so as to assist in evacuating the hot engine air. a far off second might include adding a dishwasher if DW decides that's a must have but I don't think that will be the case. We shall see after our 3 month trip starting in Nov.

Please ask any specific questions and I will be happy to provide my experience.
Old 08-21-2020, 07:13 AM   #10

Congrats on the coach Jeff. Any feedback on how tight the center aisle is with the slides in? That would be one of my concerns if we do decide to move down to a smaller coach.
Old 08-21-2020, 08:13 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Congrats on the coach Jeff. Any feedback on how tight the center aisle is with the slides in? That would be one of my concerns if we do decide to move down to a smaller coach.

Thank you, will certainly make the long trip from TN to CA to see our grandson nicer over the "will we like RV'ing experiment' in the initial older gasser. Our 40Q2 plan has the theater seat option. This tightens up the center aisle a bit vs 2 couches. We have about an 8 inch aisle until you pass the end of the couch/theater seats then it opens up. Half bath door is easily accessible but door won't quite come completely open (maybe 3/4) before the fridge. Fridge is also easily accessible. I will try and get a pic closed up and edit it in here as I have to make a trip to the coach over the next couple of days.
Old 08-22-2020, 09:29 AM   #12

Thanks for the last response. Can I ask where you purchased your 39BH and how much did you end up paying for it?
jgperegrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 07:39 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgperegrine View Post
Thanks for the last response. Can I ask where you purchased your 39BH and how much did you end up paying for it?

I assume you're asking me although my floorplan is the 40Q2 and not he 39BH. When we found the Reatta XL there were only a couple in the floorplan in the nation so we chose 800 miles away and went to LazyDays Tampa, vs Oregon if memory serves. The unit is optioned with everything except the in motion sat and winegard wifi. We got the deal you can't refuse due to COVID just setting in and sales plummetting. We got slightly higher then 37% off MSRP. I attribute it to new model in the XL and COVID sales frenzy. LD had just had to layoff 200 ppl. (hopefully they are all back in or found something better)
Old 08-23-2020, 02:31 PM   #14

We purchased our 39BH at Terry Town in Grand Rapids.
Good experience, and we were about 32% below MSRP.

Sounds like Jeff struck a better deal, but I feel we did pretty good and enjoyed adding the 1,000+ miles to South Florida ourselves.

Tags
entegra