Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2017, 08:03 AM   #43

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Fluids

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorr1821 View Post
Spartan tech told me that Fleetguard HF6730 is an approved substitute for Ikron hydraulic filter.

Also Spartan told me that the hub oil for the front hubs is 75W-90 non-synthetic. The tag axle is 80w-90 synthetic. THE OIL REQUIRED FOR THE TAG IS DIFFERANT THAT WHAT IS STATED IN MANUAL.
When I was at Spartan this past summer for service I engaged a technical discussion with my tech who told me this information about the tag. He said that they had had problems with the tags getting hot and distorting the plastic caps holding the oil. So they went with synthetic to fix the problem. You can verify this by calling Katie Emenhiser at 517-543-6400 ext 3406
Ray,
did they say the drive axle uses the same as the front axle or the tax axle?
rlwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2017, 11:09 AM   #44

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Spartan tech told me that Fleetguard HF6730 is an approved substitute for Ikron hydraulic filter.

Also Spartan told me that the hub oil for the front hubs is 75W-90 non-synthetic. The tag axle is 80w-90 synthetic. THE OIL REQUIRED FOR THE TAG IS DIFFERANT THAT WHAT IS STATED IN MANUAL.
When I was at Spartan this past summer for service I engaged a technical discussion with my tech who told me this information about the tag. He said that they had had problems with the tags getting hot and distorting the plastic caps holding the oil. So they went with synthetic to fix the problem. You can verify this by calling Katie Emenhiser at 517-543-6400 ext 3406
Ray,

Did Spartan say if the synthetic 80W-90 for the tag could be mixed with what is in there to start with or does this only apply to newer coaches that have the synthetic already in the tag?

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:12 AM   #45

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlwhite View Post
Ray,
did they say the drive axle uses the same as the front axle or the tax axle?
For my year 2014, the drive axle takes 85W140.

Old 12-20-2017, 07:20 PM   #46

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The drive axle will use what is specified in the owners manual of the axle manufacture. When my tag axle needs servicing I will drain the old oil out and replace with synthetic. I have not read anything that would suggest any adverse effect by mixing the tag synthetic oil and non-synthetic. It is impossible to remove all of the oil from tag axle so will get some mixing.

It was my understanding that Spartan was still using non-synthetic oil in the tag axle. My unit completed manufacture in January 2017 and I suspect I have non-synthetic oil in the tag axle.There is a disconnect between the Spartan service point, tech support telephone group, and manufacturing. This would be a great point for someone to address at one of these Spartan Training classes.
rorr1821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 01:37 PM   #47

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Serpentine Belt

Has anyone found a place to purchase the serpentine belt on line? I cannot find the Cummings part# belt on Amazon of RVChasisParts.com
Tom n Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:38 AM   #48

I have multiple orders of good luck here:
https://www.vbeltguys.com/

don't know if they have the serpentine but they had everything for mine.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:37 PM   #49

Search on just the part number:
Deisel Parts Direct
Mohawk Mfg
EBay

Also see post 21 in this thread for multiple equivalent belts.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:31 PM   #50

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Thank You!
Tom n Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 11:27 AM   #51

Entegra Owners Club
Thank you very much! Asked my service advisor for this exact list 3 weeks ago.
Pdultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 04:44 PM   #52

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Retraction of Bad Information

Quote:

I need to provide some clarity to the comment in my post on Hub oil. What I stated in the post was true in that Spartan gave the information as written. HOWEVER, IT IS NOT CORRECT. For other reasons I called Reyco Granning and spoken with application engineer. Our conversation eventually centered on the front axle and tag axle hub gear oil. I told him the Spartan service center told me to use 80W-90 full synthetic oil. HE SAID DO NOT USE FULL SYNTHETIC IN REYCO GRANNING because of potential leaks from the seals and other problems. He said an issue with the overheating of the Hendrickson tag axle probably caused Spartan to use synethic oil in that application. I am not sure which Entegra’s use the Henderickson tag I just know I have a Reyco Granning front and tag axle.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:07 PM   #53

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Retraction

Quote:
The drive axle will use what is specified in the owners manual of the axle manufacture. When my tag axle needs servicing I will drain the old oil out and replace with synthetic. I have not read anything that would suggest any adverse effect by mixing the tag synthetic oil and non-synthetic. It is impossible to remove all of the oil from tag axle so will get some mixing.

It was my understanding that Spartan was still using non-synthetic oil in the tag axle. My unit completed manufacture in January 2017 and I suspect I have non-synthetic oil in the tag axle.There is a disconnect between the Spartan service point, tech support telephone group, and manufacturing. This would be a great point for someone to address at one of these Spartan Training classes.
When I wrote this post I was told by the level one tech support at Meritor Axle that I could change from non-synthetic to synthetic. If you look at the Meritor service manual it states various gear oil weights from non-synthetic to synthetic can be used in the drive axle. HOWEVER when I spoke to level 2 tech support yesterday he said that Meritor engineering does not recommend changing from non-synthetic to synthetic unless you do a complete tear down and clean the parts. Not practical. I will continue to use the 85w-140 non-synthetic Spartan installed in the axle. For a few more dollars Spartan could have installed synthetic oil which only requires changing every 3 year where as the non-synthetic requires annual change.

Bottom line, if you deviate from the way it came from Spartan and failure occurs,under warranty, it could end up on your dime.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:32 PM   #54

Entegra Owners Club
Ray,

Thanks for the clarified information. I have not had any troubles with what was put in any of my 3 axles from manufacture so I will continue with that practice.

Old 02-09-2018, 09:00 AM   #55

confusion. !!!!

I have a ISX 600. The first post had a list for both the 450 and 600. Most of the subsequent posts did specified the engine - so now I am VERY CONFUSED.
I appreciate everyones effort but has any one assembled a "correct" list for the ISX600?
Thanks. Ron
Old 05-26-2018, 09:00 PM   #56

I will be updating the list for the ISX-605 soon. I will assume it is correct for the 600 but you should have access to the Cummins specs either on line or on the CD. I will confirm the list as I lay eyes on each component.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluid