Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2016, 06:15 PM   #1

New MH Owner

Will be picking up our new 2016 Anthem Monday. We've had many towables over the years but this will be our first MH. After a lot of research we decided on a 2016 Anthem over a 2017 Aspire. Appreciate any advice on getting through what I expect to be a hectic delivery. I've spent a lot of time reviewing all the posts in this forum and appreciate all the great info. I'd also like to thank all those pre 16 owners for your assistance spent with Entegra to make this a great coach.
MxChief66-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2016, 06:43 PM   #2

new rig

We are on our fourth "new" rig and have learned a lot. First off be prepared to spend some time at a service center, all new rigs have problem. A one year Warranty is common so be sure to get those repairs done in the time frame. Here is the big one: when the coach is 9 months old start writing down every issue small and large with 10 months gone send this list to the factory service rep. We e-mailed,, snail mailed and faxed our list. Find a new problem add to the list do this right up to the 11th month 30th day 11:59 hour. If the factory has your list before the Warranty runs out they in most cases will repair everything on the list even months after the Warranty expires

Congrat on your new coach and happy camping
Budski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 07:02 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Congratulation and welcome. We are here to help with any questions you may have regarding the new coach.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 07:17 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Yes this is the learning place. Newbies, seasoned veterans everyone in the learning curve.

Welcome to the forum and the Entegra family.

Richard
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 07:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budski View Post
We are on our fourth "new" rig and have learned a lot. First off be prepared to spend some time at a service center, all new rigs have problem. A one year Warranty is common so be sure to get those repairs done in the time frame. Here is the big one: when the coach is 9 months old start writing down every issue small and large with 10 months gone send this list to the factory service rep. We e-mailed,, snail mailed and faxed our list. Find a new problem add to the list do this right up to the 11th month 30th day 11:59 hour. If the factory has your list before the Warranty runs out they in most cases will repair everything on the list even months after the Warranty expires

Congrat on your new coach and happy camping
Good suggestions on writing down every issue however; you do know that Entegra has a 2 year warrantee?
Old 06-25-2016, 07:41 PM   #6

Budski only has one year because he has a Tiffen.
Old 06-25-2016, 08:18 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Hopefully you've been pouring over the Owners Manual between the time you made the purchase and your delivery date.

I would do everything in my power to not allow myself to be rushed by my dealership. Plan on making a day (or even two!) of it - show up early and don't be in a rush to be done and on your way!

Insist that somebody walk you thru the major systems (how the slides work, all of the electrical stuff, how the plumbing works (a tour of the wet bay, how the hot water works, where your water pump is, low point drains, etc.).

We had our toad prepped for towing the day we took possession of our coach. We drove to our dealership (about 170 miles awhile) and were there when they opened. We moved a bunch of stuff into the coach (stuff we had brought with us in the toad) - handed them the keys to the Jeep and then "moved into" the coach. Over the course of the day - different folks from the various service departments stopped by and briefed us on the various coach systems. We took our time ... they demonstrated, we took notes, then we performed what had just been demonstrated.

Our sales guy took us for an "orientation ride" at the end of the business day ... he drove us off the lot, took us to a "mega-church" parking lot a few miles away. I got my first 15 minutes of "wheel time" in the parking lot - then drove ourselves back to the dealership with our sales guy giving me pointers from the passenger seat along the way.

Once back on the dealer lot - we backed into a guest spot and spent the night. That evening - I pulled out the laptop and drafted up a handful of "checklists" for important the important stuff. The next morning ... we got a couple more questions answered ... then hooked up the toad and pulled out around noon for the drive home.

We let the folks at the dealership know that we weren't in the least bit of a hurry - and didn't press them for their exclusive attention. Our day worth of "training session" were handled more or less on a "an hour ON an hour OFF" basis. We found a couple of things that didn't work quite right as we went thru the day - virtually all of which were tweaked right then and there.

We found that not being rushed as we were getting our initial experience with the various systems was crucial for us. Heck, we were ready and willing to spend a 2nd night if we would have felt it necessary. The dealership staff were great to work with throughout the process - and seemed happy to take the time to show us everything we felt we needed to know.
Old 06-26-2016, 04:48 AM   #8

We are on Entegra number 2. A 16 Anthem 44B - love the coach. You will have some issues but Entegra will always step up to the plate and resolve them for you. There are several great videos on line about driving a RV be sure and view them. I have reviewed them many times and I always learn something. Send pictures as we are all interested in seeing your new baby. For sure attend some Entegra rallies. We have met many great people and always enjoy their company. We also tell stories about where we have been, what has been good as well as bad as well as tips and mods that you will want to do. The Las Vegas rally is in October and should be good. You are wise to be on IRV2 as there are many who will help you with the new coach. Always be willing to learn.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 04:55 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
My advice after owning my second Entegra is to camp right there on the dealer's lot the first night. The next day go back and ask all the questions that developed overnight about how it works and things you missed when they told you. It also gives you a chance to discover things that are broken or don't work and have them fixed before you depart.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:36 AM   #10

New MH Owner

Thank you for the warm welcome and great advice.

We are planning to spend 2-3 days at dealer to get familiar with all the systems and work out any issues. Since we are fairly close to our dealer we've already spent several hours crawling around their 2016 44Bs prior to selecting ours.

Besides being a great value, the two year warranty and Jayco/Entregras reputation for customer service made this the best choice for us.

Definitely looking forward to meeting and visiting with other Entegra owners.

Mark
Old 06-26-2016, 06:32 AM   #11

Mark

If you are a first time big Class A motorhome buyer, you have a steep learning curve. That was me 3 years ago. Here are some specifics beyond the great suggestions you have already gotten

1. As another new owner recently discovered (and I experienced) getting the coach up to ride height is a process that you have to pay a lot more attention than such a simple process seems it should be. I would advise doing the slides, setting the jacks, equalizing, and then going back to ride height and pulling in the slides and do it multiple times on the lot. It is a process that takes a lot of getting used to. I put my hand between the front tire and the wheel well and make sure that there is 3 or 4" of open space as a final check of being at ride height. It takes a lot longer to get there than you would assume, and it may take several tries to get it right. .

2. Make sure your coach actually levels. I have a small carpenters level that I keep in a drawer. From the factory, my coach got no where close to level on its own

3. The temperature controls are not as simple as your house system and how the ACs work, how the Aqua-Hot works, and how they interact is a damn arcane system. It is not set the temps and forget it.

4. The dealer will probably give a brief wave of his/her hand at the AGS, solar controllers, inverter controllers, and awnings panel above the passenger seat, and mention each of those controllers and explain none of them. There is a lot to learn up there and you could spend a half day there alone.

5. Be sure how to lock and unlock the dishwasher and refrig.

6. The AquaHot is another arcane system, and deserves a lot of questions and explanation.

7. How to simply start the Cummins without triggering a ton of worrisome engine warning lights ( wait until all engine idiot lights extinguish).

8. Dumping tanks is not as simple as pulling a lever, particularly the 16s and 17s. Doing it wrong can be a big problem.

9. Have them do 4 corner weighing if they can. Correct tire pressure will keep you up at night until you become comfortable with their settings.

We spent an entire day with our "PDI" tech. We had some tech induced problems, and the fact that the Trav'ler that was promised on the roof which was not mounted, was mounted. Also, once we were ready to leave the dealer, we drove only 30 miles to an RV park, and spent a week.

You've got a lot to learn, but you will. Good luck!!!

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 06:42 AM   #12

Where are you based? What dealer did you use?
FireEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 07:22 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Mark

If you are a first time big Class A motorhome buyer, you have a steep learning curve. That was me 3 years ago. Here are some specifics beyond the great suggestions you have already gotten

1. As another new owner recently discovered (and I experienced) getting the coach up to ride height is a process that you have to pay a lot more attention than such a simple process seems it should be. I would advise doing the slides, setting the jacks, equalizing, and then going back to ride height and pulling in the slides and do it multiple times on the lot. It is a process that takes a lot of getting used to. I put my hand between the front tire and the wheel well and make sure that there is 3 or 4" of open space as a final check of being at ride height. It takes a lot longer to get there than you would assume, and it may take several tries to get it right. .

2. Make sure your coach actually levels. I have a small carpenters level that I keep in a drawer. From the factory, my coach got no where close to level on its own

3. The temperature controls are not as simple as your house system and how the ACs work, how the Aqua-Hot works, and how they interact is a damn arcane system. It is not set the temps and forget it.

4. The dealer will probably give a brief wave of his/her hand at the AGS, solar controllers, inverter controllers, and awnings panel above the passenger seat, and mention each of those controllers and explain none of them. There is a lot to learn up there and you could spend a half day there alone.

5. Be sure how to lock and unlock the dishwasher and refrig.

6. The AquaHot is another arcane system, and deserves a lot of questions and explanation.

7. How to simply start the Cummins without triggering a ton of worrisome engine warning lights ( wait until all engine idiot lights extinguish).

8. Dumping tanks is not as simple as pulling a lever, particularly the 16s and 17s. Doing it wrong can be a big problem.

9. Have them do 4 corner weighing if they can. Correct tire pressure will keep you up at night until you become comfortable with their settings.

We spent an entire day with our "PDI" tech. We had some tech induced problems, and the fact that the Trav'ler that was promised on the roof which was not mounted, was mounted. Also, once we were ready to leave the dealer, we drove only 30 miles to an RV park, and spent a week.

You've got a lot to learn, but you will. Good luck!!!

Gary
Gary,

It actually is our first Motor Home. In-spite of all research I've done I still feel like I don't know what I don't know...not a comfortable feeling. This site is a wealth of knowledge and I couldn't imagine taking this on without knowing there are great folks here willing to help one learn!

I've updated my checklist to include all the items you mentioned.

Thanks again for the detailed reply.

Mark
Old 06-26-2016, 07:30 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEater View Post
Where are you based? What dealer did you use?

Weatherford Texas.

We are buying from MHSRV in Alvarado. So far it has been a great experience. Last week i met Todd Hahn, Entegra factory rep who was in town checking out the new dedicated service facilities MSHRV had recently opened. We spent about 4 hours discussing the Anthem. He certainly validated Entegras commitment to customer satisfaction.

Mark