Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2022, 01:03 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
New Nebula App Update to the Vega Touch is Faulty

After two weeks trying to connect remotely with new Nebula app it does not work. Long story short, ever reboot, reload, repairing my phone, speed test for signal strength, etc. Filefly finally admitted the app does have a glitch.
You can connect while at the coach on the Winegard network and everything works as it should.
For those that use the app to monitor the coach remotely from home, etc. do not load the update that has to be done standing at the Vega Touch.
My tablet that has not been updated works fine, but the Galaxy 21 phone will not since the update. Firefly does not know if it is part of the bad 1.5.5 update and will be working on it.

For those of us that have complained about the loading speed of the Nebula app that started about 5 Vega Touch updates back, Firefly is aware of it, but does not know how to fix it. I will post the fix on the app when it is relay on to me.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2022, 01:31 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
They are making it harder and harder to avoid updates! They keep asking and I keep saying no! I’ve found that updates are 99+% for mistakes for new coaches. They don’t care about older coaches so I continue to say no until I have to because I realize you can’t get too far behind. But as a 3 year old coach user, it gets pretty stupid hitting the upgrade button, then cringing not knowing what to expect!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 01:39 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
They are making it harder and harder to avoid updates! They keep asking and I keep saying no! I’ve found that updates are 99+% for mistakes for new coaches. They don’t care about older coaches so I continue to say no until I have to because I realize you can’t get too far behind. But as a 3 year old coach user, it gets pretty stupid hitting the upgrade button, then cringing not knowing what to expect!
I have to agree, the updates are now nothing but corrections after corrections when it wasn't broke to begin with. Perfect example is my Tablet without the update works fine and has since it was loaded in 2019. The new App update has rendered the phone useless when away from the MH. After last nights terrible thunderstorm with many power outage, I could use my phone to check on the MH. Thankfully the old tablet still worked. That tells me the 2019 version worked just fine.
Old 07-01-2022, 01:51 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have been keeping up with the updates on my 22.

But I went 2 years without updating my 17 coach. It was working great for every functionality that I used so I saw nothing but risk for updates. When I sold the coach I was transparent that I saw no reason to even try an upgrade.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 02:24 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVFunlovers View Post
I have been keeping up with the updates on my 22.

But I went 2 years without updating my 17 coach. It was working great for every functionality that I used so I saw nothing but risk for updates. When I sold the coach I was transparent that I saw no reason to even try an upgrade.
Fast forward to the 19's where the entire coach is controlled by the VT and wifi, even the updates. To much computer for the small processors.Let to many updates go by and the entire VT locks up. The small processor cannot bridge the gap between the updates. Personal experience when I skipped all of the updates until we were ready to go on a trip. The only fix is a computer on the same wifi network as the VT is. Firefly has to take control and wipe the VT and start with a fresh load. Until then nothing will work, lights, toilets, etc. Due to that problem, in later models they did add AC over ride switches. Let updates go on a 19 or newer and you will be stranded sooner or later.
Old 07-01-2022, 03:50 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
New Nebula App Update to the Vega Touch is Faulty

With much trepidation, press the button!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1386.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	369848  
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 04:14 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
With much trepidation, press the button!
That's the truth. It's been 2 weeks since they programmed in for the fresh water tanks to show empty with an audible alarm with the 1.5.5 update. I see that Firefly has not rushed into getting a fix for that either.
Old 07-01-2022, 10:23 PM   #8

I wonder what ever happened to *testing* the software to at least one sigma. If I ever wrote stuff like that I'd have been canned long ago.
Old 07-02-2022, 05:08 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fqberful View Post
I wonder what ever happened to *testing* the software to at least one sigma. If I ever wrote stuff like that I'd have been canned long ago.
I think that is the problem.....FireFly can't get good help let alone be in the position to fire anybody. It takes on the average of 4 days to get a call returned. However, yesterday's troubleshooting call Neal asked if he could have a trainee listen in. Overall their programming is in a sad situation, both the VT and now the Nebula app.
Update, the app did connect this morning. Hopefully it was a simple tweak on their end, but it is still slow to load.

Now to fix the blown circuit breaker at the S&B from the lightning storm yesterday. Nice to be able to check the MH again that the power is still on there.
Old 07-02-2022, 06:41 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
That's the truth. It's been 2 weeks since they programmed in for the fresh water tanks to show empty with an audible alarm with the 1.5.5 update. I see that Firefly has not rushed into getting a fix for that either.
So when you are out of water you get an alarm? Does it also keep the water pump from running? I can now see the new threads, "Water tank shows empty but it is full and pump will not run"
Old 07-02-2022, 07:01 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I am on Vegatouch V1.5.5 load and my remote connectivity is still working. Slow like it has been for the last month or two.

The fresh water tank shows empty. But my black and gray tank readings are so wrong I ignore them as well.

The pump still works as normal.

You can mute the worthless holding tank alarms. That will mute all Vegatouch alarms though.
Old 07-02-2022, 07:04 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I should clarify you get an out of fresh water alarm no matter what the water level is. Water can be full and pouring out your tank overflow and you will still get a water reading of the tank is empty. I am using the go out and look at the tank method of seeing about how much water is in the fresh tank.
Old 07-02-2022, 07:53 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojack View Post
So when you are out of water you get an alarm? Does it also keep the water pump from running? I can now see the new threads, "Water tank shows empty but it is full and pump will not run"
My water tank is full, however the VT app is show it empty, the bar is red and the low water warning alarm goes off every minute. Have to go in manually and turn the alarm off.
I used the pump the other day and it worked fine. I have not tried the macerator toilet, good idea.
Old 07-02-2022, 07:56 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVFunlovers View Post
I am on Vegatouch V1.5.5 load and my remote connectivity is still working. Slow like it has been for the last month or two.
Did you update the Nebula app standing at the VT as it has to be to update. Not the 1.5.5 update, but the Nebula app on the phone. Does your phone still work remotely away and off of the coaches network. ?

Good news, I think they may have fixed it yesterday after we spoke. So far I have been able to connect 5 out of 6 times, although sometimes so slow you wonder it it is going to work. If enough of us email Firefly, maybe they will put some effort into getting it fixed.