Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2014, 03:24 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
I concur with everything stated, congratulations on your purchase Russ.
oneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2014, 07:07 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
You should be able to drain all three air tanks completely and not have the air bags drop one bit, if they do you have a problem.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:31 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
As for the squeaks. Next time you hear it try holding the roll down shade(s). If the squeak goes away when holding the shade it's probably loose mounting screws on one end of the shade or another. There are several posts about how to fix.

Yes, I did check the shades and this is not the culprit. Thank you for the suggestion.
rcarriere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:33 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Russ, my coach had so many air leaks on delivery that it had to be sent back to Entegra and Spartan. When we walked up to the coach I could hear the air hissing from the P/S ride height valve. The dealer could not fix all of the air leaks in 30 days so we refused delivery.

After going back to Spartan, three ride height valves were leaking, the air solenoid between the front ride height valves was leaking along with all of the air lines coming form the engine air compressor. I could not hold air pressure for more than an hour when parked and was not holding air pressure on our test drive.....much like you are experiencing.

Pull your MH forward to close the tag axle dump valve, do not retract the jacks or anything outside of setting the parking brake. Air your MH up then turn the key on every 10 minutes and take reading on the gauges and see how much air is lost in an hour. If it's more that a few pounds, there is a problem.

This is the air lines that were defective on delivery. It does happen on new coaches and might be part of your not holding air problem, I hope not.

After all of the air leaks were fixed, I can now hold air for 3 week parked and not be on the tires.

I will do this tomorrow. I am almost certain that the front air bags will be nearly empty within an hour. The RV has been sitting for two days and I can see that the coach is sitting all the way down.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:45 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
I have to confess, as a current lurker of the Entegra Qwners website and future owner (Possibly) of an Entegra Anthem, I am having serious thoughts about our pending purchase? We are not new to to the RV community. This (Possibly) will be the 5th MH we have owned. Not sure we want to go through with all the problems we are seeing posted. Hopefully these are isolated occurrences?
2024 RAM Limited FMCA #420209
brianw8602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:51 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw8602 View Post
I have to confess, as a current lurker of the Entegra Qwners website and future owner (Possibly) of an Entegra Anthem, I am having serious thoughts about our pending purchase? We are not new to to the RV community. This (Possibly) will be the 5th MH we have owned. Not sure we want to go through with all the problems we are seeing posted. Hopefully these are isolated occurrences?
Brian, I felt the exact same way you are feeling now. I also have owned many different MH's of all sizes and types. Honestly, this is why I did pick Entegra....2 year warranty....all RV's have issues out of the gate....and everyone continues to state that Entegra takes care of their customers....will soon find out. I really like the coach just want to nip everything in the bud ASAP and there is no better place to find answers.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:02 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarriere View Post
I will do this tomorrow. I am almost certain that the front air bags will be nearly empty within an hour. The RV has been sitting for two days and I can see that the coach is sitting all the way down.
That is way above normal. After your air test readings, call Charlie Fisher @ Spartan 517-543-6400 and review the readings with him. He can set you up with a local Spartan service center to take care of the problem. Let us know what it was, it might help someone else with the same problem. Good luck, hope it is a simple fix.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:02 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Russell, we are confident that we are seeing only the negative issues and the positive is the norm
Old 10-14-2014, 08:37 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Brian, some of us have had more problems than others and some have had coaches delivered problem free. At least we are all here together to try to make any problems easy to solve. It helps that Entegra backs us all 100% and for 2 years. I have probably used their customer service more than anybody, and I still think Entegra builds a great coach.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:11 PM   #24

In the latter pages of the "modifications" post I detailed my recent visit to Spartan primarily to get the front end alignment sorted out and , in the process, learned about the availability from Spartan of the optional air check valves at the front air bags. These prevent the front end from dropping when the air system pressure drops due to repeated braking.

There is no question that the air bags and ride height will drop when the system pressure is low due to lack of sufficient engine RPM and/or cadence braking. Having had this happen to me and repeating it many times there is no way anyone can convince me that the ride height will be retained if the air system tanks are depleted.

I learned to drive around the problem by limiting repeated braking and/or raising the idle RPM to regain system air pressure more quickly. I didn't have much choice as the front tires would rub the body on occasion if I didn't stop and force the system to restore pressure to 150 in the front system (front gauge reading).

Now that our coach has the check valves at the front bags it behaves like a different animal. My recommendation to Entegra is to either add the check valves to the system or explain where my reasoning and observations are flawed. After 38years of vehicle development on the automotive side I cannot understand a vehicle that has such a limitation in the suspension that the tires can rub in normal maneuvers.
jestal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:30 PM   #25

BTW....our step well cover rattles badly on certain roads. I have a small wood wedge/shim with a string tied to it strategically located in DW's cupholder. She can kick it into place to stop the rattle and retrieve with the string. I would trade and air lock on one of the interior doors for an air lock on the step well cover.........LOL

If your coach has the day/night shade wooden surrounds behind the front seats you might check the intersection of them at the top. Ours are not attached together at the top and vertical surrounds and a rattle and squeek would happen there. A strategic piece of foam tape in the gap stopped that.
jestal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:41 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck, thanks for the feedback. One of the reasons we decided on the Entegra was their 2 year warranty. Hopefully we won't have too many issues after delivery That being said, it definitely sounds like Entegra is there to fix the problems if any arise. That's encouraging to say the least.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:36 PM   #27

Front Air Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestal View Post
In the latter pages of the "modifications" post I detailed my recent visit to Spartan primarily to get the front end alignment sorted out and , in the process, learned about the availability from Spartan of the optional air check valves at the front air bags. These prevent the front end from dropping when the air system pressure drops due to repeated braking.

There is no question that the air bags and ride height will drop when the system pressure is low due to lack of sufficient engine RPM and/or cadence braking. Having had this happen to me and repeating it many times there is no way anyone can convince me that the ride height will be retained if the air system tanks are depleted.

I learned to drive around the problem by limiting repeated braking and/or raising the idle RPM to regain system air pressure more quickly. I didn't have much choice as the front tires would rub the body on occasion if I didn't stop and force the system to restore pressure to 150 in the front system (front gauge reading).

Now that our coach has the check valves at the front bags it behaves like a different animal. My recommendation to Entegra is to either add the check valves to the system or explain where my reasoning and observations are flawed. After 38years of vehicle development on the automotive side I cannot understand a vehicle that has such a limitation in the suspension that the tires can rub in normal maneuvers.
THANK YOU!! I have heard about the check valves but thought they
were already there, didn't realize they had to be added. With this problem I don't consider the coach maneuverable at all! Spartan had me take it to one of their authorized repair facilities and they checked it all out no leaks etc.. This is one of the most frustrating things I've dealt with. I absolutely agree why don't the just put them on originally or at least after you describe the problem! In my case they acted like they'd never heard of the issue. This whole air thing has really kind of soured my thinking on Spartan chassis. You read other coaches and with other chassis and you don't hear about issue upon issue of airing up or losing air issues

Thanks Again
roadrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 05:58 PM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunning View Post
. This whole air thing has really kind of soured my thinking on Spartan chassis. You read other coaches and with other chassis and you don't hear about issue upon issue of airing up or losing air issues
Thanks Again
Having previously owning a Spartan chassis for 10 years prior and now the experiences with the new Spartan...I couldn't agree with you more. I have spent 8 months in and out of shops, all Spartan related.

Not bad mouthing Spartan, only relating my personally experience. Have they worked the problems out...yes...but 8 months?