Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2018, 07:46 AM   #281

How awesome would it be if the front “accent lights” were bi-color led’s that would flash bright orange with the turn signals?

I’ve had basically that exact thing on Mercedes an Audi’s so it’s absolutely possible.
Pwdr Extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2018, 07:54 AM   #282

Funny you mention that, I was just thinking about doing a mod like that.

Great idea!

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:44 AM   #283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwdr Extreme View Post
I left Middlebury a week ago where they absolutely refused to do anything but replace my lights, much to my dismay. Then I drove to Washington DC pulling my pickup. Whoever thought the reflectors are more important than turn signals should have his head examined! ........
Are you saying that EC would not allow you to decline having the recall completed? IOW, they "forced" you to allow them to modify YOUR personal property? Somehow, that just doesn't seem legal to me. Please clarify.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:34 AM   #284

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
Are you saying that EC would not allow you to decline having the recall completed? IOW, they "forced" you to allow them to modify YOUR personal property? Somehow, that just doesn't seem legal to me. Please clarify.
I called Entegra 2 weeks ago and was told that they were obligated by law to make your coach compliant if you came in for service even though the NHTSA says that it is not illegal to be in noncompliance. I don't understand how the " law" changed in the last week, but I'm sure glad it did. Will be there on Tues.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:06 PM   #285

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
That is EXACTLY what I am saying, I brought it up with Stacy Lee, my advisor a couple of times who said she asked her boss. The result was they were going to do the recall, no if's, and's or butt's about it. Period. End of discussion.

I brought it up on the phone before the service and again when I was there in person.

Then, a few days later, I see on the forum that they will now allow you to decline it. Of course it was too late for me as my lights have been changed and I was no longer near Middlebury or I would have gone back and told them to put the old lights back in.

I'm so irritated about this, I'm going to do some digging and see if there is a law about signal lights being view able from the side. Considering every car, truck, and bus on the road out there has signals you can see from the side, it's either a law or all those manufactures are smarter than Entegra and realize what a safety hazard it is not having them.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:13 PM   #286

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwdr Extreme View Post
That is EXACTLY what I am saying, I brought it up with Stacy Lee, my advisor a couple of times who said she asked her boss. The result was they were going to do the recall, no if's, and's or butt's about it. Period. End of discussion.

I brought it up on the phone before the service and again when I was there in person.

Then, a few days later, I see on the forum that they will now allow you to decline it. Of course it was too late for me as my lights have been changed and I was no longer near Middlebury or I would have gone back and told them to put the old lights back in.

I'm so irritated about this, I'm going to do some digging and see if there is a law about signal lights being view able from the side. Considering every car, truck, and bus on the road out there has signals you can see from the side, it's either a law or all those manufactures are smarter than Entegra and realize what a safety hazard it is not having them.
Why not call Entegra and ask if they would send you the 3 wire lights so you can change them back since their policy has changed and you had asked that your lights not be changed. Never hirts to ask.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:23 PM   #287

So here is what I found so far, it doesn't say view able from the side, but it does say "widely spaced as practical" Our front turn signals certainly don't meet that requirement...

A motor vehicle may be equipped and when required under this chapter must be equipped with lamps or mechanical signal devices showing to the front and rear for the purpose of indicating an intention to turn either to the right or left. If lamps are used for this purpose, the lamps showing to the front must be located on the same level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable and when in use must display a white or an amber light, or any shade of color between white and amber, visible from a distance of not less than one hundred (100) feet to the front in normal sunlight.

Edit: I also just found: "Not less than 381 mm (15 inches) nor more than 2,108 mm (83 inches)" I'm not near my coach, but those lights are pretty low, less than 15 inches?
Old 03-22-2018, 02:38 PM   #288

Entegra Owners Club
I might be part of the no turn signal side light, so I am still thinking of a turn signal mod if the new non flashing lights have to be replaced or on the 19's with no side turn signals, which I will not drive without some kind of side turn signals.

After seeing Grower15 front amber LED strip that is mounted in the generator door, I started thinking of possibly mounting amber strip LED's at the top of wheel skirts of the rear wheel below the seam. They can be cut to any length and wired to the turn signal wire Alec showed on his mod. No special tools need, just tap into the turn signal wire with a 3M wire connector. These are just some examples and open for more ideas. I am going to temporary wire a white strip to my Classic and see how the rear vision would be and how much they would show being mounted on the sides

I just checked on my Classic, the wires can be fished into the top of the fender skirt (no drilling) and run to the plug that Alec showed in his mod, it's a straight shot and the lights are peel and stick. More pictures on the link.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Zento-Deals...0AAOSwuLZY2rEW

Just another idea that might work. Please share if others have ideas.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:11 PM   #289

Ladies and Gentlemen, Entegra is offering one of 2 NHTSA approved recall solutions. They are not inviting you to decline complying with having said recall performed.

As the owner, you must insist they not perform the work.

If we continue to suggest that Entegra is not complying with the recall, we could absolutely see another unfavorable change of policy.

Thus my suggestion is this: We as a group need to exercise some discretion regarding the ongoing discussion of this recall. Think OPSEC.

If you feel you need some clarity, email Joyce.skinner@jayco.com or the CS Team at Service@entegra.com and ask that they call you.

I returned home today from Middlebury, having left the coach in their care for continued work at Spartan and S&S.

I’m confident Entegra is sincerely trying to address this issue, and believe that our group is wise enough to divine the correct solution in their specific case, without painting Entegra into a corner.

JMHO,

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:01 PM   #290

Entegra Owners Club
New Recall 17V695

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen, Entegra is offering one of 2 NHTSA approved recall solutions. They are not inviting you to decline complying with having said recall performed.

As the owner, you must insist they not perform the work.

If we continue to suggest that Entegra is not complying with the recall, we could absolutely see another unfavorable change of policy.

Thus my suggestion is this: We as a group need to exercise some discretion regarding the ongoing discussion of this recall. Think OPSEC.

If you feel you need some clarity, email Joyce.skinner@jayco.com or the CS Team at Service@entegra.com and ask that they call you.

I returned home today from Middlebury, having left the coach in their care for continued work at Spartan and S&S.

I’m confident Entegra is sincerely trying to address this issue, and believe that our group is wise enough to divine the correct solution in their specific case, without painting Entegra into a corner.

JMHO,

-Matt

Matt,
With all due respect it's Entegra who has painted themselves into a corner.

Did they ask for any owner input on this recall? No

Did they listen to those of us that raised concerns about how the recall was going to be preform, with all the side turn signals begin removed. No.

If you recall the doc on the recall never mentioned that we would lose all the side turn signal. Only said that we would lose mid coach turn signal function.
I don't think most people in customer service knew this either.

I had emailed Joyce Skinner in January and she referred me to Steve Claude who call me and I related my concern about losing the side turn signals. Did anything become of that? No.

I'm not going to paint myself in a corner and compromise the safe operation of my coach my remove the side signals.

We can't help it if Entegra failed to do their do diligence on this issue and now it's hit the fan.

Enough said.

Richard
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:37 PM   #291

I had a great conversation with those good folks at Entegra and all is good, I keep the signals and move on South next week when it gets out of paint. Thus I will move on as this turn signal mess never happen.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:45 PM   #292

Entegra Owners Club
Larry,

Not so goods news for those that Entegra removed the dual purpose side signals and Entegra refused to return the remove lights to the owner.
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:51 PM   #293

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman 2 View Post
Larry,

Not so goods news for those that Entegra removed the dual purpose side signals and Entegra refused to return the remove lights to the owner.
Where did you see anyone posting that EC "refused to return the remove lights to the owner"?

All I've seen was a suggestion to call ask them to do so, and I'm not sure that was even done yet.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:22 PM   #294

I vote we ease up a bit on Entegra here. Dealing with the feds on the recall had to be very difficult and then they felt like they had to implement it exactly the only way it had been approved. Give them credit, when we as owners stated our very strong concern and preference they listened and have been able to deliver alternatives. I am sure they sought clarification and clearance from the feds and that takes a little time. It is really to bad some of the earlier folks to have their coaches in at the wrong time got caught with a less than ideal solution but it is understandable how it could have happened. Remember, Entegra builds these coaches but rarely if ever drive them. All JMHO

Tags
recall