Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2018, 09:56 AM   #323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grower15 View Post
The lights look great and much brighter than the OEM lights and the very weak 2 diode replacements. Did you use all four mounting holes on the new light, or were 2 screws adequate? (I hate drilling more holes )-: ). Thank you for very much for the information! This is now my #1 project to complete at the end of this trip.
I used self tapping stainless screws and essentially drilled 4 new holes. So now I have 8 holes at each light. The original 2 which were wider than the new lights (hence the chrome plate to cover them), the 2 holes drilled for the new Entegra lights, and the 4 new holes for the lights I installed myself.

You definitely want to use all 4 screws as the front and rear are slightly curved so it helps the lights to lay down flat. One tip, when you mount the lights at the front, keep in mind you have to leave room for the chrome bezel to fit between the light and the side warning sensors. I didn’t think about it on the first one and the bezel just barely fit, I really had to force it on.

I found these reflectors that I like the looks of, 1.6” high by 5.1” wide, but I can’t find anybody that has them in stock. Hexagon, Yellow, Reflector, Chrome ABS Adhesive Mount | Truck-Lite
Pwdr Extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2018, 10:07 AM   #324

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Like you I have not found a reflective 3 wire light. Crazy! Again, another one of those situation that DOT has never driven a 45 ft vehicle in traffic with no turn signals or light manufactures would make reflective lights that flash.
I can’t believe there isn’t a law requiring side mounted turn signals on rigs over a certain length, as well as a law requiring turn signals to be viewable from the side at the front. (I still think the factory front turn signals are pathetic, fortunately the ones I installed fixes that problem).

Every semi I’ve seen in the last 30 years has a side turn signal mounted somewhere on the cab, and the vast majority of trailers do as well unless it’s just not possible such as on a logging trailer, etc. Every bus has them as well.

Either there is a law somewhere requiring it that I can’t seem to find, or all the manufactures are smart enough to realize they NEED to be there.
Pwdr Extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 12:32 PM   #325

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwdr Extreme View Post
I used self tapping stainless screws and essentially drilled 4 new holes. So now I have 8 holes at each light. The original 2 which were wider than the new lights (hence the chrome plate to cover them), the 2 holes drilled for the new Entegra lights, and the 4 new holes for the lights I installed myself.

You definitely want to use all 4 screws as the front and rear are slightly curved so it helps the lights to lay down flat. One tip, when you mount the lights at the front, keep in mind you have to leave room for the chrome bezel to fit between the light and the side warning sensors. I didn’t think about it on the first one and the bezel just barely fit, I really had to force it on.

I found these reflectors that I like the looks of, 1.6” high by 5.1” wide, but I can’t find anybody that has them in stock. Hexagon, Yellow, Reflector, Chrome ABS Adhesive Mount | Truck-Lite

Thanks for the additional information. I’ll make sure to “measure twice and drill once”. [emoji1]
Old 04-07-2018, 03:51 PM   #326

Has anyone had the reflective tape installed by Entegra that could put a picture on the blog?
Old 04-09-2018, 04:16 PM   #327

Entegra Owners Club
A big thank you to all who have contributed to this thread. I was one of the unfortunate ones who didn't have a choice on this recal at my AIR a month and a half ago. I'll be looking for a way to get my side blinkers back.

Does anyone know where to get the exact electrical plug that Entegra uses. I'd like to keep mine factory, and pre wire the new lights so they are plug and play.
UncleJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 04:29 PM   #328

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJamie View Post
A big thank you to all who have contributed to this thread. I was one of the unfortunate ones who didn't have a choice on this recal at my AIR a month and a half ago. I'll be looking for a way to get my side blinkers back.

Does anyone know where to get the exact electrical plug that Entegra uses. I'd like to keep mine factory, and pre wire the new lights so they are plug and play.

I don’t know where to get the exact plug (I was told it is a proprietary Spartan plug) but you could just cut the plug off of the replacement lights wired by Entegra and reuse it. It just needs to be waterproofed. You will need a some green waterproof fittings (that fit into the plug itself). See my post #268 for a photo of the Delphi Kit which can be purchased on line. Or as posted above, you should be able to purchase what you need at Car Quest and use needle nose pliers to fasten the metal tip to the wire.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:14 PM   #329

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grower15 View Post
I don’t know where to get the exact plug (I was told it is a proprietary Spartan plug) but you could just cut the plug off of the replacement lights wired by Entegra and reuse it. It just needs to be waterproofed. You will need a some green waterproof fittings (that fit into the plug itself). See my post #268 for a photo of the Delphi Kit which can be purchased on line. Or as posted above, you should be able to purchase what you need at Car Quest and use needle nose pliers to fasten the metal tip to the wire.
That's not a bad idea. I'll dig into it when I can devote some time to knocking it out. I'm hoping to incorporate the reflective lights Entegra put on and add the blinkers back, but your suggestion has me thinking that I can use the plug off the replacement lights to mock up my own wire harness so the coach wiring stays factory.

Thanks!
UncleJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 05:45 PM   #330

These are the exact kits that we are using on our 2017.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Delphi-Weat...72.m2749.l2649

Ebay item #222144052570

They are not proprietary to Spartan or EC. EC installs them at the factory.

To confirm that they are the same as what you have, take the male plug on your coach light and hold it so it has the retainer clip is on the top and the plug slots are facing you. From left to right, the first plug has the "slit" on the bottom, the middle plug has the "slit" on the top and the third plug has "no slit" at all.

The female side is 12020827 and the male side is 12020829.
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 05:53 PM   #331

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-carpet View Post
These are the exact kits that we are using on our 2017.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Delphi-Weat...72.m2749.l2649

Ebay item #222144052570

They are not proprietary to Spartan or EC. EC installs them at the factory.

To confirm that they are the same as what you have, take the male plug on your coach light and hold it so it has the retainer clip is on the top and the plug slots are facing you. From left to right, the first plug has the "slit" on the bottom, the middle plug has the "slit" on the top and the third plug has "no slit" at all.

The female side is 12020827 and the male side is 12020829.

Thanks Jeanne, I knew you’d set me straight [emoji1]
Old 04-09-2018, 06:02 PM   #332

Entegra Owners Club
Awesome Jeanne, thank you. Now to find a quality 3 wire light that are not to large.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:15 AM   #333

Old Monacos had mark/turning light on the mirror arm as well. Has anyone tried to make this change to make intentions more visible when changing lanes?
Old 04-10-2018, 09:18 AM   #334

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewgcw View Post
Has anyone had the reflective tape installed by Entegra that could put a picture on the blog?

Im headed to AIR soon and currently plan to not have the light downgrade done. I would also be interested in seeing pictures of the reflective tape install done at EC. Thanks

Mark
MxChief66-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:47 AM   #335

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Wilson View Post
Old Monacos had mark/turning light on the mirror arm as well. Has anyone tried to make this change to make intentions more visible when changing lanes?
There is a post on the classics done by Richard Gasman 2 on how to do this. If it will work on new modela that are all LED's someone is going to have to try it.

With Jeanne's link of the plug kit, I am now searching for the original marker/turn signal light that was removed from Entegra. I found it once, now I have to go through all the pages and find it again. With the 3 wire light and the plug kit, they can be made to plug & play I believe. No reflective, but I don't have reflective now.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:06 AM   #336

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
There is a post on the classics done by Richard Gasman 2 on how to do this. If it will work on new modela that are all LED's someone is going to have to try it.

With Jeanne's link of the plug kit, I am now searching for the original marker/turn signal light that was removed from Entegra. I found it once, now I have to go through all the pages and find it again. With the 3 wire light and the plug kit, they can be made to plug & play I believe. No reflective, but I don't have reflective now.

Chuck, Post 303 has the Kaperii part numbers. The lights are $32ea.

Tags
recall