Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2022, 07:01 PM   #29

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by randystu
1. The TMPS warning lights came on at 75 PSI for the doolies tires. Dealer says that is what they are suppose to be at. Is there a way to lower the readings to 65 PSI?

If your Certification Label says 85 why would you run lower?

You need to get the actual tire loading for each end of each axle to learn the MINIMUM cold inflation to run. With scale readings you would consult the tire Load & Inflation tables. As an actual tire design engineer i recommend that the "cold" set pressure be at least 10% above the minimum. I also recommend the TPMS Low pressure warning be set to the MINIMUM shown in the tables. Why anyone would think running less than the minimum is beyond me.

I cover all this in a number of posts on my blog on RV Tire Safety.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2022, 07:24 AM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Randystu

Quote:
Originally Posted by randystu View Post
Just purchased a 2022 Entegra Aspire 44w. I took it out on its first trip and noticed some things.
1. The TMPS warning lights came on at 75 PSI for the doolies tires. Dealer says that is what they are suppose to be at. Is there a way to lower the readings to 65 PSI?
2. I was running the aquahot electric all the time and occassionally the boiler for taking showers and warm the floor. I notice when the faucets in the bathrooms were set to cold water, it came out hot for about 45 seconds, then went cold. Any reason why?
3. When we left the campsite, the only way to get the motorhome to ride height was to raise the jacks, run the motorhome to build up the air pressure, the while the motorhome was still running turn on the retract the jacks again. We could not get the motorhome up to ride height with the jacks down and the engine running. We had to bring the jacks up, run the engine and then while it was running hit the retract button again. Anyone know why?
4. We ran the aquahot boiler for 2 days nonstop to try and get the floor heat going. We set it to the highest setting of 105 degrees. It never got higher than 85 degrees and was spotty heat, not consistant. Is this normal?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Randy
You probably have your questions answered but some information in incorrect.
1. The correct cold psi on your drive (doilies) is 85 cold. Printed on a yellow placard behind driver position. The baseline psi for the Valor sensors must be set properly also. Being a 2022 my bet is the dealer never did it.
2. The aquahot system will have warm (hot) water whenever the engine is running. So while traveling there is no need to turn the aquahot on.
3. The leveling air bags can’t inflate to ride height with the jacks down because the dump purge valve is opened whenever the leveling system is operating. You must have the engine running, tap cruise control to get 950 engines rpm and then retract the jacks. The system will inflate to ride height.
Additionally, your slides should only be retracted or extended at ride height.
4. The floor heat is a pattern of boiler fluid lines under the plywood/ tile floors. It will heat the floor radiantly but only on aquahot diesel on zone 2. It takes minimum 12 hours. We have learned only use it when parked for long periods. We mainly use zone 1 diesel/gas set to Auto and a small fan for improved circulation of hot air from the floor registers. The ceilings heat/ electric is useless below 45 degrees, drafty and noisy. Only use the roof units for AC.
You got a great coach. Enjoy. Pm me if you need documents, quick start data sheet etc. Unfortunate the manuals were not with your coach. I can email you copies of items that would be helpful.
Mikenat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 09:52 AM   #31

2022 Aspire 40P

i have a 2022 40P i bought 10/2021. TPMS system has had goblins since delivery. i have had erratic readings since day 1. At 6 mos. April 2022 i had coach weighted and per my technician he called Spartan and recalibrated & set PSI at 100 for rears and 105 fronts. To this day and since day 1 my PSI can start at 95-100 all tires to 175ish and back down to 110 in 20 mins. Temps can go from 95-185 back down to 110 in 20 mins. BTW on one trip i bought aa infrared temp gauge and readings can be 50-75 degrees lest that coash TPMS. Yellow and red warning lights and beeping for 2 weeks on the road then silence and normal. in October i called spartan again and was advised there have been several new fixes and remedies for this same issue. Took my coach into dealer and advised of Spartan's call. (it has been in 4 times in 1 yr for same issue with no resolve) Of course, the tech drove 10 miles found low PSI and negated the service issue. Low PSI was attributed to a second blown rear inside valve stem (in 6 months) that no one know why just "bad luck"!!!!!!!!!! i live in Central CA so temps here range from 40 degrees to 110 during the year. We love our coach and enjoy everything about it. but this issue is frustrating the hell out of me. Has anyone had this issue and finally fixed it? i would love to advise my dealer as they are not responding well.
Edzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 04:17 AM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
[QUOTE=Mikenat;6365797]You probably have your questions answered but some information in incorrect.

2. The aquahot system will have warm (hot) water whenever the engine is running. So while traveling there is no need to turn the aquahot on.

This is only true with the with the 450D AquaHot. The Aspire has 400D so does not have this feature.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 08:12 AM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff.herren View Post
Irrelevant to the OP and their questions but the Reatta XL leverages electric floor heat. Two hours completely up to temp.

BTW OP, welcome to the forum and enjoy the new ride
Thanks for that info. I was unfamiliar with the Reatta line. The Aspire, Anthem and Cornerstone all use the Aquahot for in-floor hydronic heat.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 09:39 AM   #34

Commercial Member

TPMS

The TPMS is a SAFETY feature like Seat Belts are a safety feature.

1. Contact your dealer and advise them that the SAFETY Feature is Mal-functioning and you want it fixed before your next trip.

2. Contact the Service Dept at Entegra and tell them the same AND that you are filing a complaint with NHTSA on the failure of this SAFETY feature and that you expect the Entegra Factory to make things right.

3 File a complaint with NHTSA on the problems you have been having with the SAFETY feature and point out that neither the dealer of Entegra factory are willing to fix this. You will need your vehicle VIN and odometer. You could also include the contact info at dealer and Entegra that has failed to address the problem. You will get a "Complaint Number" which I suggest you forward to the dealer and Factory.

The above should "light a fire" under someone's feet so that you get action.
Old 11-26-2022, 09:50 AM   #35

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edzz View Post
i have a 2022 40P i bought 10/2021. TPMS system has had goblins since delivery. i have had erratic readings since day 1. At 6 mos. April 2022 i had coach weighted and per my technician he called Spartan and recalibrated & set PSI at 100 for rears and 105 fronts. To this day and since day 1 my PSI can start at 95-100 all tires to 175ish and back down to 110 in 20 mins. Temps can go from 95-185 back down to 110 in 20 mins. BTW on one trip i bought aa infrared temp gauge and readings can be 50-75 degrees lest that coash TPMS. Yellow and red warning lights and beeping for 2 weeks on the road then silence and normal. in October i called spartan again and was advised there have been several new fixes and remedies for this same issue. Took my coach into dealer and advised of Spartan's call. (it has been in 4 times in 1 yr for same issue with no resolve) Of course, the tech drove 10 miles found low PSI and negated the service issue. Low PSI was attributed to a second blown rear inside valve stem (in 6 months) that no one know why just "bad luck"!!!!!!!!!! i live in Central CA so temps here range from 40 degrees to 110 during the year. We love our coach and enjoy everything about it. but this issue is frustrating the hell out of me. Has anyone had this issue and finally fixed it? i would love to advise my dealer as they are not responding well.

Hand held IR guns are not reading the internal temperature of the tire. If the internal TPMS sensor part of the valve stem as seen here

or is it strapped to the wheel ?

Either way it is reading the temperature of the metal parts as metal conducts heat while rubber is an insulator.
Using the brakes or having a bad wheel bearing can show up as high heat on a TPMS and could account for the large swings in the temperature readings.
If you are getting big changes in the temperature reading look at the pressure reading. I bet the pressure reading does not change as much or as fast.

If the rubber "seal" on the TPMS is failing then it is not being installed correctly. There are Torque specs on tightening the TPMS nut.
Old 11-30-2022, 02:14 PM   #36

new rv questions

For 2021 Anthem, Entegra still produced that users guide - Problem is it was only electronic - no printed version. I took it to local print shop. For $60 they printed it in color on heavy 8 1/2 x 11 stock, 2 sided, spiral bound w/ clear front cover. Well worth it.
Jeanete is offline   Reply With Quote