Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2022, 11:04 AM   #1

New RV, Got some questions

Just purchased a 2022 Entegra Aspire 44w. I took it out on its first trip and noticed some things.
1. The TMPS warning lights came on at 75 PSI for the doolies tires. Dealer says that is what they are suppose to be at. Is there a way to lower the readings to 65 PSI?
2. I was running the aquahot electric all the time and occassionally the boiler for taking showers and warm the floor. I notice when the faucets in the bathrooms were set to cold water, it came out hot for about 45 seconds, then went cold. Any reason why?
3. When we left the campsite, the only way to get the motorhome to ride height was to raise the jacks, run the motorhome to build up the air pressure, the while the motorhome was still running turn on the retract the jacks again. We could not get the motorhome up to ride height with the jacks down and the engine running. We had to bring the jacks up, run the engine and then while it was running hit the retract button again. Anyone know why?
4. We ran the aquahot boiler for 2 days nonstop to try and get the floor heat going. We set it to the highest setting of 105 degrees. It never got higher than 85 degrees and was spotty heat, not consistant. Is this normal?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Randy
randystu is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2022, 11:11 AM   #2

Pics of the motorhomeClick image for larger version

Name:	Aspire%20right%20side%20view.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	381080Click image for larger version

Name:	aspire%20left%20side%20view%202.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	381081
Old 11-17-2022, 11:24 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by randystu View Post
Just purchased a 2022 Entegra Aspire 44w. I took it out on its first trip and noticed some things.
1. The TMPS warning lights came on at 75 PSI for the doolies tires. Dealer says that is what they are suppose to be at. Is there a way to lower the readings to 65 PSI?
2. I was running the aquahot electric all the time and occassionally the boiler for taking showers and warm the floor. I notice when the faucets in the bathrooms were set to cold water, it came out hot for about 45 seconds, then went cold. Any reason why?
3. When we left the campsite, the only way to get the motorhome to ride height was to raise the jacks, run the motorhome to build up the air pressure, the while the motorhome was still running turn on the retract the jacks again. We could not get the motorhome up to ride height with the jacks down and the engine running. We had to bring the jacks up, run the engine and then while it was running hit the retract button again. Anyone know why?
4. We ran the aquahot boiler for 2 days nonstop to try and get the floor heat going. We set it to the highest setting of 105 degrees. It never got higher than 85 degrees and was spotty heat, not consistant. Is this normal?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Randy
1) Don't know your tire size but typically 85psi is the minimum recommended to prevent tires slipping on the rims.

2)The water lines are run next to the aquahot lines to help prevent freezing. So the warm is from the water in the lines until you get outside water into the sink.

3)That is right. When you lower the jacks the air bags are automatically dumped. The only way to fill the air bags is to lower the jacks, do that with the system up to pressure otherwise the dump valve may not seal.

4) Normal, floor heat is just that. The zone sensor is up on the wall. It will be spotty depending on where the lines were run under the floor.

Later...
Ray
RayandWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 11:47 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Randystu,

You cannot be at ride height and have jacks down, the two systems will be fighting each other. If you want to be at ride height start the engine, allow gauge pressure to fully build, then retract the jacks.

Once the jacks are fully retracted (with the engine still running) the chassis will come to ride height within about 2 minutes. Varying from this procedure will potentially cause you problems and have to accomplish the retract procedure twice as you found out.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 05:00 PM   #5

We have a 2022 Anthem and the heated floor in the kitchen is electric from the shore/generator. Select the "heated floor" from the temperature zone on the Vega Touch Screen and have the shore/genset on.
knotkracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 05:47 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by knotkracker View Post
We have a 2022 Anthem and the heated floor in the kitchen is electric from the shore/generator. Select the "heated floor" from the temperature zone on the Vega Touch Screen and have the shore/genset on.
I don't think so. So far as I know, there is no "electric floor heat" on an Entegra diesel. The floor heat in all Entegra diesels comes from the Aquahot system. You can run the Aquahot on electric but the amount of heat it provides is not going to give you much in the way floor heat. To get effective floor heat, you must run the Aquahot on the diesel burner, or propane burner on some Aspire models so equipped. If I am mistaken I am sure someone will correct me.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 01:18 AM   #7

Yeah the newer Aspire's have the aquahot floor heat. Not electric mats.
Old 11-18-2022, 01:20 AM   #8

So with the engine running and raising the jacks, you get all those flashing warning lights on the jack controller. Just ignore them?
Old 11-18-2022, 05:09 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
To get to ride height.

Yes, it will beep because it is trying to warn you that the jacks are down so you don't drive away and tear things up.

1. Start engine
2. Wait till you hear the air purge valve release
3. Press the retract jacks button
4. You should hear the electric jacks retracting, electric motor whining
5. When that stops the coach will start to pump air in the bags
6. Wait till the air purge valve releases again and you should be at ride height

You can verify that you are at ride height by basically putting your fist between the front tire and body of the coach.
jbhobbs54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 06:06 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Welcome to the forum and Entegra ownership. Not being rude, by any means. I have owned 3 Entegras, each one more complicated than the previous. The owners manual that came with the coach is a must read not to have the simple "user errors." It's an easy ready, with lots of pictures that will answer most of all the new coach owner questions. Entegra did an excellent job of writing that manual. Short, sweet and to the point.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 08:08 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by randystu View Post
Welcome to Entegra ownership!

On our coach, there's a tire pressure data sheet on the wall just behind the driver's seat. In our case, the data sheet reads 130 on the front, and 85 on the drive axle, and 95 on the rear axle.

On our first visit to Spartan for their training, the coach was weighed and the new pressure settings changed to 85 on all the back tires. We have it weighed every year at Spartan when the coach is getting annual service.

We don't have an integrated TPMS like the new models, but I believe the instructions that came with my after-market TPMS suggested a low pressure warning setting of about 10% less than what the correct setting is. So mine starts squawking at about 77 (on the rear tires). Your minimum at 75 sounds reasonable. Different years, different models, so YMMV.

Spartan does a training class for new owners (as does Entegra) and it's fantastic. It's a week-long class at their factory in Charlotte, MI. I would suggest getting it on the schedule as soon as possible. Well worth it. Entegra does a similar class at Middlebury, and it's also super helpful.
bsaldeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 09:38 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
I don't think so. So far as I know, there is no "electric floor heat" on an Entegra diesel. The floor heat in all Entegra diesels comes from the Aquahot system. You can run the Aquahot on electric but the amount of heat it provides is not going to give you much in the way floor heat. To get effective floor heat, you must run the Aquahot on the diesel burner, or propane burner on some Aspire models so equipped. If I am mistaken I am sure someone will correct me.

Irrelevant to the OP and their questions but the Reatta XL leverages electric floor heat. Two hours completely up to temp.

BTW OP, welcome to the forum and enjoy the new ride
jeff.herren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 10:51 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Welcome to the forum and Entegra ownership. Not being rude, by any means. I have owned 3 Entegras, each one more complicated than the previous. The owners manual that came with the coach is a must read not to have the simple "user errors." It's an easy ready, with lots of pictures that will answer most of all the new coach owner questions. Entegra did an excellent job of writing that manual. Short, sweet and to the point.
Yeah that would be nice but the previous owner never turned in the manuals or the extra set of keys. He was a jerk.
Old 11-18-2022, 10:53 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbhobbs54 View Post
To get to ride height.

Yes, it will beep because it is trying to warn you that the jacks are down so you don't drive away and tear things up.

1. Start engine
2. Wait till you hear the air purge valve release
3. Press the retract jacks button
4. You should hear the electric jacks retracting, electric motor whining
5. When that stops the coach will start to pump air in the bags
6. Wait till the air purge valve releases again and you should be at ride height

You can verify that you are at ride height by basically putting your fist between the front tire and body of the coach.
Thanks for the precise procedure.