Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2017, 08:05 PM   #1

New take on old topic

Previous thread on Entegra suing NIRV.............. Interesting comments here.

Opinion: Sour grapes or legitimate Jayco complaint? | RV Daily Report
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2017, 09:32 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Sounds like someone who has been watching RVIA and its members for long enough to ask some useful questions that no one seemed willing to ask in the other thread where so many opined about the right and wrong of Jayco, based upon person preferences of dealers. I agree...this seems petty, and equally a potential ego based answer to the real questions of why???!!! JMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 12:36 AM   #3

New take on old topic

I posted that article in the other thread and I do find it interesting as another slant from the Elkhart news article. Kind of nice to be able to hear more than one slant on a story. The article is written by a long time veteran writer for the RV industry.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:14 AM   #4

So what is the operating hypothesis since it is never really put forward by this second article? The motive is vague and non-specific.

Is this a violation of a non-compete clause (underneath the smoke and mirrors). If not non-compete, what is the problem? I have a guess, but am wondering what others guess is the un-mentioned reason.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:19 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I don't believe it is a stretch to understand what is driving this issue. I think it is fairly common knowledge that MHS does not feel warm and fuzzy with regard to NIRVC.

The tipping point may have been the hiring of Tadd. Previous rumors were that both NIRVC and RV One threaten to drop Entegra if this happened. Not sure what's up with that...

Now you have to wonder if NIRVC in Texas could pick up the Entegra sales volume lost should this happen. You also have to ask if MHS would also drop Thor... and that brings another player into the game. Now, NIRVC has stated that they are on a mission to open more dealerships around the country and I believe that following their service model they would be a success. I guess Phoenix will show if this is true or not. Should Entegra just run with NIRVC? Would that be fair, while MHS doesn't have a great delivery and service rep, it does seem they are trying to up their game. Then there is also the fact that they were one of the first major dealers to pick up the TS & Entegra brand.

I like Gary's suggestion that NIRVC go over the border into Oklahoma. That could be interesting and open up a whole new ball game.

It is hard for any of us to fully understand what the full extent of all of these actions are and how they will effect Entegra's market and service presence. I guess we will all have to sit back until the next chapter is written.

Hope they get it solved soon.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:49 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
So what is the operating hypothesis since it is never really put forward by this second article? The motive is vague and non-specific.

Is this a violation of a non-compete clause (underneath the smoke and mirrors). If not non-compete, what is the problem? I have a guess, but am wondering what others guess is the un-mentioned reason.

Gary

Gary,
I posted the complaint in the other thread. It is 17 pages long if I recall correctly.
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote