Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2021, 06:27 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
New Tires Needed

I'm a little embarrassed to ask this, but after owning 6 motorhomes, I'm at the point with this one that I need to start looking for new tires before we head out in the spring. Yep, all of the previous motorhomes were sold or traded before I needed to replace the tires. Like in the past, we always bought a new coach instead of buying tires, BUT not this time, these things are silly expensive So, I'm at bit of a loss, I've heard about FMCA and Michelin tire programs, but have no clue

Any pointers as to a good location or pointers for SW Florida would be most appreciated.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2021, 06:44 PM   #2

Simply Google FMCA Tire Discount Program and you will find it.

I had to replace individual tires in the past on my Dynasty and on my Anthem due to various problems and I found the FMCA tire program led to significant discounts. I had Michelin tires on the Anthem and replaced them with Michelin tires of equal or better coach tire lines and was very impressed with the monty I saved.

The FMCA program can be exercised at any Truck tire location.... just needs to be someone who handles the tire line you are looking at. There are no special dealers that handle the discount... it is all Michelin dealers. (at least it was)

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 08:11 PM   #3

Once you know the FMCA discount contact a Dealer that you are thinking about using tell them what tires your looking for and ask for an installed price. You maybe surprised that he gives you a better price than the FMCA price plus installation. Just my experience.
Jolar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 05:39 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Florida Spring and Axle in Ft Myers has often been mentioned and Boulevard Tire in Punta Gorda has also been mentioned.
Old 02-19-2021, 07:15 AM   #5

Hi Ron, We own a 16 Anthem A and replaced all our tires this past Fall at Boulevard ( Earl Colvard ) Tire . We used the Punta Gorda location but there is a location near you. I found the Manager and employees at the Punta Gorda location very good to deal with.

FYI: NOT INTENDED to convince you , just my 2 cents. I considered several brands of tires, Michelin , Hankook , Continental , Bridgestone and Toyo as I wasn't totally committed to Michelin. Several of those are included in the FMCA Discount Tire Plan however not necessarily carried by Boulevard Tire. I narrowed my choice to Michelin or Toyo M 144's and my pricing from Boulevard was $1,800 less on the Toyo's then the FMCA Michelin pricing both w/new valve stems, mounting, balancing etc. I had several friends who made the switch , one on his second set and had received good input.

Good Luck !

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 08:11 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolar01 View Post
Once you know the FMCA discount contact a Dealer that you are thinking about using tell them what tires your looking for and ask for an installed price. You maybe surprised that he gives you a better price than the FMCA price plus installation. Just my experience.
I have heard that as well.

As usual, it is worth your time to call several places to get quotes. Just make sure that it's apples-to-apples (i.e. includes mounting, balancing, and everything else you intend to get). It's not unheard-of for a place to cut you a great deal on the parts only to screw you on the labor, or vice versa.
schad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 08:21 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Date Code

Went through this 10 years ago on a coach with purchase of Michelin tire through FMCA program at a Corporate tire store. They tried to sell tires with a date code over a year old. Refused the tires and forced him to get tires with a date code less than 4 months old. Like I told them if these tires were going on a commercial vehicle the tread would wear out before aging out. MH use does not where out tires because they age out first. I sure someone out there is going to come back and say they wore out the tread but that is the exception.
rorr1821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 08:41 AM   #8

I replaced all eight of the original Goodyear G670 tires on my 2012 Aspire with Toyo 144/154 three years ago when I bought the coach. The new Toyo date codes were essentially "built yesterday"...Japan manufactured I believe. I have had zero issues with them in three years. I am not necessarily brand loyal and looked briefly at Michelins but the price delta was just way too great between the Toyo and Michelin offerings for me. The price delta for eight tires was a little over $2.5k between the two brands back when I shopped.

Correction on TOYO Tire manufacturing location: "Many of these tires are built here in the United States at our state-of-the-art factory in Bartow County, Georgia." ....just outside of Atlanta.

That helps explain the "built yesterday" date codes I think!
Motorhead-54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 01:05 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
Hi Ron, We own a 16 Anthem A and replaced all our tires this past Fall at Boulevard ( Earl Colvard ) Tire . We used the Punta Gorda location but there is a location near you. I found the Manager and employees at the Punta Gorda location very good to deal with.

FYI: NOT INTENDED to convince you , just my 2 cents. I considered several brands of tires, Michelin , Hankook , Continental , Bridgestone and Toyo as I wasn't totally committed to Michelin. Several of those are included in the FMCA Discount Tire Plan however not necessarily carried by Boulevard Tire. I narrowed my choice to Michelin or Toyo M 144's and my pricing from Boulevard was $1,800 less on the Toyo's then the FMCA Michelin pricing both w/new valve stems, mounting, balancing etc. I had several friends who made the switch , one on his second set and had received good input.

Good Luck !

X 2 on Toyos. Always bought Michelin but will switch to Toyos when I need tires.

2016 DSDP 4369, Freightliner Chassis, AF One brake system, 2016 Chevy Equinox
Tigerfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 07:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerfan1 View Post
X 2 on Toyos. Always bought Michelin but will switch to Toyos when I need tires.
X3 on Toyo tires. I replaced my 2012 Aspire tires with M144s and they run smooth and great!!
Old 02-20-2021, 09:01 AM   #11

I also had TOYO 144/154s on my 2001 Monaco Dynasty. Always thought that were darn good tires and had no problem with them.... good ride, good handling, impressed. However, once I had Michellins I have stayed with them and will stay with them, even if they cost more. Think ride is much better (softer?) and great quality!

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 09:26 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jburklo View Post
X3 on Toyo tires. I replaced my 2012 Aspire tires with M144s and they run smooth and great!!
X4 on the Toyo’s, there priced considerably less than Michelin’s, ride smooth and true and handled very well.

I’ve had them on our other MH and was impressed with them. Once you get over the “break in smell” of the tires your all set.
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 10:42 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have 30,000 miles on my 2017 Cornerstone. I think the tires look good but I am no tire expert.

I know tires are important. I have Michelin tires now that came with the coach.

Any advice on when should I get new tires?
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 12:24 PM   #14

I’m looking at new tires within the next 2 months and see a lot recommendations for the Toyo.

So, how long does the “new tire” smell last. Is it time or distance.

Tags
tire, tires