Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-06-2017, 08:04 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
The fact the issue even had to be addressed about getting a. Ew coach lubed raises huge red flags about a dealer. I would be very leery of any dealer doing that and would certainly not consider buying a coach from such a dealer. NOT good service or practice to start a relationship on. All JMHO
Actually everyone's favorite dealer (mine included) in Atlanta did that to me. I specifically asked for a full lube, and my king pins were dry! My service advisor argued with me that a lube wasn't necessary. After I explained why I wanted it, he agreed to do it.

My problem with the issue is Spartan knows about it and it is not getting it fixed. Now if Entegra is telling Spartan to keep minimal grease on the chassis for the assembly and undercoating process, then it's an Entegra issue.

I blame the manufacturer! In my case, my lube that wasn't, was a discussion with the dealership owner. I accepted that it was a personnel issue.

Now as far as the OP's issue, $200 was crazy. Hopefully the dealer will really lube it before it is driven off the lot. However based on my personal experience I wouldn't count on it being done.

Like Chuck, this has turned into a pet peeve of mine. Especially after a Spartan service tech told us while we were under the coach: "everyone knows this is an issue, I don't understand why someone hasn't made sure they leave fully lubed".

The tech did pause in the middle of that statement and I got the feeling he was going to say Entegra, but caught himself before he bad mouthed his customer.

End result verify king pin and other lube points. Don't count on them being lubed from factory or dealer.

Steve
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2017, 08:11 PM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
So, is it only the Entegra chassis that aren't getting lubed properly or all Spartan chassis?
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 09:29 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
So, is it only the Entegra chassis that aren't getting lubed properly or all Spartan chassis?
They all leave the Spartan factory with assembly lube only. Each individual coach manufacturer should be lubing them once they area "at weight". Yes, I blame Entegra. I don't know if Newmar or other SOB's address the problem or not.

I love my Entegra, but this is such a simple thing to address!

NIRVC Phoenix took care of this for me when it was purchased, no questions asked.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:06 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Entegra has spent thousands on re-alignments before the first 5, 000 miles. I'll bet more than 1/2 the alignments were really dry king pins or steering points. Entegra already has a nice pit being used for undercoating. Can't believe some in that pit can't lube the front ends.
Someone in management is not managing as long as this problem has gone on and the number dollars spent on re-alignments that were probably not needed.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a