Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2019, 08:01 PM   #43

Fleetwood Owners Club
Angry Pooper Problems

Gotta get some water in there, all that you can. When about half full there is a product called Happy Camper. They also have a extreme version for very dirty tanks. I use the regular version for all tanks after emptying, Put in a couple gallons of water to fill the valve and then add HC. "Good Stuff" but back to the clog, let it set in there for a day or so, go for a drive and hope for the best. I dont have one of those fancy macerators but I never have a problem. Keep those valves closed, several reasons.
If that dont work call one of those power cleaning services or wait till you get home take the valve apart, dont park in the drive way, get a probe and a hose and go to work. Will be very messy actually disgusting and hope it works if not call the professional$$$.
Another thought dont use that Charmin if you do get a small trash can you can open with your foot, put one of those plastic bags from grocery store and put ALL TP in it take it to the dumpster daily. Sorry not as technical as the rest but it will work. Good Luck and glad I am not you.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2019, 11:01 PM   #44

Newmar Owners Club
Contact Bruce Bartl at All Pro Water Flow (972)*523-6589.......his back flushing system will fix your problem located in Florida.....
Clemson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 12:09 AM   #45

Macerator by-pass, drive around a bit?

Doesn't a macerator have a by-pass, or at least a hand crank to turn it if the motor fails?
If so, have you tried driving around a bit to break it up a little, then bypass or crank?

Just wondering... I don't have a macerator, just a big dump hose.
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 09:02 AM   #46

I wonder if this thread sets a new record for this forum?
45 posts so far. The OP reported in post #21 he had solved his problem.
This means there were 24 posts after the OP reported. More posts after the problem was solved than before it was solved.
LOL
Lynn
Old 10-04-2019, 09:54 AM   #47

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
I wonder if this thread sets a new record for this forum?
45 posts so far. The OP reported in post #21 he had solved his problem.
This means there were 24 posts after the OP reported. More posts after the problem was solved than before it was solved.
LOL
Lynn
I was wondering the same. LOL
I asked how the OP finally got it fixed, but no response 😟

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 11:51 AM   #48

Its pretty obvious that other issues have come up that are also important.

Dont follow the thread if it is of no interest.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 12:46 PM   #49

Newbie mistake

When I purchased my used 36’ DP my black tank would fill up after 2 or 3 uses. I had a 78 gallon tank. Same issue. I had “RV Flush” come out. He flushed the tank for almost an hour with a 4200 psi contraption. Never had another issue. 15 years of built up solid waste and pyramids gone.
Old 10-05-2019, 09:13 AM   #50

Why does this "crushed ice will clean your tank" myth continue circulating? Folks, IT DOES NOT WORK! I've tried it. Didn't work. Here's one guy's test. https://www.thefitrv.com/rv-tips/do-...k-really-work/
Dave Dopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 09:29 AM   #51

For the last 7 years of full timing we have left both tank valves open when we have FHU's. I believe our success is due to no paper products go into the toilet and we use soap and 2-3 gallons of water to slosh around on travel days.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 01:29 PM   #52

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindstone01 View Post
For the last 7 years of full timing we have left both tank valves open when we have FHU's. I believe our success is due to no paper products go into the toilet and we use soap and 2-3 gallons of water to slosh around on travel days.
You may have one of the few coaches that is the rare exception to the rule. It is advice like this that got the original poster into the predicament he was in.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 05:35 PM   #53

Quote:
Do you put the paper products in a drawer and throw it away later?
Kurtsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 05:46 PM   #54

I've been to Mexico and put all toilet paper into a waste can beside the toilet... That is NOT what I bought a luxury Class A motorcoach for.... No thanks!!

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 05:56 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
I've been to Mexico and put all toilet paper into a waste can beside the toilet... That is NOT what I bought a luxury Class A motorcoach for.... No thanks!!

Gary

That's great, different solutions are available depending on your desire/needs. I'm just pointing out that there are other solutions as to how you can handle your waste tanks. Sometime's people get caught up in thinking/reading/believing that there is only one method to using a waste tank.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 08:24 PM   #56

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
That's great, different solutions are available depending on your desire/needs. I'm just pointing out that there are other solutions as to how you can handle your waste tanks. Sometime's people get caught up in thinking/reading/believing that there is only one method to using a waste tank.
It's a fair point. My wife's aunt does this in her S&B. And it is unquestionably the best thing you can do if you are interested in keeping your black tank (or sewer pipes) clear.

But it's also fair to say that most of us got these coaches to be, as Entegra put it in one of their welcome letters, "luxury condos on wheels." My in-laws notwithstanding, I can't imagine there are many luxury condos where used TP goes anywhere but down the toilet.
schad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newbie, tank