Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2014, 05:55 PM   #1

Newbie needs advice

Hello !

After a very long process we purchased an Entegra Coach Anthem from RV One at the Hersey Show last fall. We are scheduled to take delivery mid to late Feb.

It's our very first Coach! We came from a 40ft 5th wheel. So we are super excited. We are not full timers, just got it to enjoy time with the kids.

Can anyone offer me some advise on what I should be looking for during the inspection before I pay for the unit and drive it off the lot.

i.e. How long should I let the AC, Aqua Hot and Gen run? Should I run the jacks up and down and independently? Should I make them pressurize the water lines and check for leak?

I know there is lots of "obvious checks" but I am nervous being that it's my first coach. Any advise will be appreciated.

Thank you so much.....

Ed and Donna
2014 Anthem RBQ Midnight Illusion.
Fasteddie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2014, 06:04 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Congrats on the new coach and welcome to the forum. This is the best place for answers to your questions. Great bunch of owners.

Just sent you a private message.
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:23 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I'm sure Tom sent you some good advice. Your going to get a checklist with about 70+ items on it. If you make sure everything on that checklist works and there are no issues at that point, that's a good start. Then if you understand how the things work, you'll acknowledge that you do as well. At that point, take a test drive and make sure the ride and steering seems right (doesn't feel out of alignment much the same as your car or truck).

At that point, you can be pretty comfortable that Entegra Customer Service will take care of you wherever you're at. AND...congrats on a beautiful coach choice...can't wait to see the pics!
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:28 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
My advice is watch the numerous "how to operate..." videos on YouTube Entegra made. They are also available in the Entegra app (if you have a VIN number). They are labeled something alng the lines of "Entegra Coach Delivery Checklist xxx".
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:30 PM   #5

Also tell them you would like Nate to deliver your unit to you you wont be disappointed There is no question he can not or will not answer. Robin will vouch for him.
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:40 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Here is a PDI List and here is a more detailed one.
Congratulations and safe travels.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:44 AM   #7

Thank you all for your advise. I will put it to good use. I don't think I wad this nervous when I got married .....lol.

Hopefully one day we will make it to a rally.

Be safe and enjoy the ride.

Ed & Donna
2014 Anthem RBQ
Old 01-25-2014, 07:05 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Big bucks, but a great ride....relax and have fun with it. You didn't say where you are taking delivery. If in Orlando, Nate is pretty laid back and very easy to work with. Just make sure you stick to that Entegra-provided checklist and that everything on it is covered...to your satisfaction. Entegra is paying them for doing your delivery; take advantage of it.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:15 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Big bucks, but a great ride....relax and have fun with it. You didn't say where you are taking delivery. If in Orlando, Nate is pretty laid back and very easy to work with. Just make sure you stick to that Entegra-provided checklist and that everything on it is covered...to your satisfaction. Entegra is paying them for doing your delivery; take advantage of it.

We are picking it up in Orlando. Thank for everyone's advise.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:07 AM   #10

I believe after the PDI the best advice is to pick a site close to the dealer and live in your new coach for a week using everything ! If you encounter any problems you will be close by for assistance. Plus you get to enjoy your coach immediately .

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:54 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
I believe after the PDI the best advice is to pick a site close to the dealer and live in your new coach for a week using everything ! If you encounter any problems you will be close by for assistance. Plus you get to enjoy your coach immediately .
X2! We did the exact same thing as you, only a year earlier. Bought at Hershey, picked up in Orlando. Stayed on the lot for two nights, then close by for a week. Good thing we did as our slide jammed and we were able to get it fixed right away.

Enjoy your new baby and welcome to the Entegra family!
Flora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:58 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Definitely stay nearby Orlando for the first 5-7 days to use yournew RV and discover some of the initial things that don't work right and get fixed. I've stayed at a lot of places around Orlando. Try Tropical Palms RV resort in Kissimmee.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, newbie