Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2021, 12:42 PM   #15

what Bob describes in part is what i call a "Double Dump". You are dumping the bags twice by stopping the jack descent, raising them them fully, and then repeating. Also, his exact steps dont necessarily need to be done in order, but it is a reasonable outline.

Some owners find the auto level works for their coach, but I have found on both my Anthem and my Cornerstone, that the auto-level just "see-saws" my coach up to unnecessary heights. By that I mean, it first raises the passenger side, then it raises the driver side, but it raises too far, and then it raises the passenger side to try to get level, but misses level and goes too high and so it raises the passenger side. This goes on and on until the coach is further off the ground than it needs to be. I have had this auto process reprogrammed professionally twice. So, no more auto-level for me and I do all the leveled from the same keypad by putting a small cheap plastic level on a nice flat floor tile, then doing the whole adjusting process myself. Much faster and I can get it level much closer to the ground using the plastic level. On my coach at least, the auto-level function is a waste of time.

On my Anthem, the auto-level was so bad that it could torque the chassis so much that I could not open my entrance door to the coach..... so I learned quickly that the auto-level was not what it was cracked up to be.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2021, 12:53 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Mike

Unless you have a bad leak in your air ride system, you coach should maintain itself at ride height for long periods of time.

If your coach falls out of ride height, your dash should start showing the message "Not at ride height" and warn you that you are now somewhere else in ride height.

Gary

That is only if the ignition is ON.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 01:02 PM   #17

If my coach's system doesn't leak, then it will hold its level with the engine/ignition off or on..... it doesn't matter. It wont re-level unless the ignition is on (but sometimes mine does). that is a different issue.

Gary
Old 01-04-2022, 06:43 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Roy View Post
Sorry for a dumb newbie question but I am in the process of purchasing my first Motorhome. I am guessing when you get parked you are supposed to level the coach first and then bring the slideouts out??
If the unit isn't level, with legs out, the slides don't (I won't move them)!
lostscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 05:29 PM   #19

When you are ready to depart, fire up the Cummins and come to ride height. There is usually a message on the dash that says "not at ride height" Wait for it to go out. When at ride height, retract the backs or retract them as you are running the Cummins. When fully at ride height (even if not on the level), now you can bring in all four slides.

Gary, one thing wrong with your post is Mh won’t go to ride height by just starting the engine. It will build the air pressure, but won’t go to ride height until you push retract for the jacks and the air valve shifts to send air to the bags.
J Gunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 09:30 PM   #20

Jerry

I believe you are right....

Gary
Old 01-06-2022, 05:11 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG88 View Post
Roy, everyone will have their own set of procedures - I laminated the below, and still use them for reference, as I still tend to forget at least an item or 2:

Arrive at campsite:

Ensure room for slides, water, electrical, sewer, awnings, top of vehicle, and basement doors

Turn off water pump & close valve, A/C & generator (?)

Turn off engine - wheels MUST be straight

MAKE SURE POST and MAIN BREAKER are OFF

Connect & turn on electrical

Connect & turn on water

Open slides – CHECK air return magnets and seats first

Level coach (ensure ground is OK for jacks - wheels must be straight)

If necessary, stop system after bags dump, raise manually, then hit “Auto Level” again. After bags dump again, then stop and level manually

Turn on Aquahot

Double-check refrig

Open awnings(?)

Install wheel, mirror, wiper and tow-bar covers (if necessary)

Leave campsite:

Close awnings

Close hatches

Turn off A/C System and Aquahot

Lock refrigerator latch, table latch, dishwasher, shower door

Close bedroom TV cabinet, check all doors, and crank antenna straight

Remove all covers

Check tires, clean jacks, and do walk-around

Dump and clean sewer

Disconnect water, open valve and turn on pump

Do brake procedure, and start engine (after yellow engine light goes out)

Turn on “Cruise” and hit “Resume” within 3 seconds to raise idle

Raise jacks (air pressure at minimum 125)

Check outside for clearance, and pull in slides – CHECK seats/broom, etc...

Disconnect electric cord from post

Start generator and turn on A/C (if necessary)

Check air pressure (minimum 125), and if OK depart

Hope this might help you a bit. Thanks,

Bob, I have a question about the valve you talk about coresponding with turning your your water pump on and off. What valve are you talking about. I’ve never turned any water valve on or off when using water pump. 16 cornerstone. Thanks. Rick
Old 01-06-2022, 09:01 AM   #22

With regards to getting to ride height;
I hit all retract, wait until it is done, then hit it again and start my walk around.
You will see the coach come to ride height.
For me, it’s the second retract all that gets me to ride height.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 06:04 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorrick View Post
Bob, I have a question about the valve you talk about coresponding with turning your your water pump on and off. What valve are you talking about. I’ve never turned any water valve on or off when using water pump. 16 cornerstone. Thanks. Rick
Rick,

Our coach has a factory installed back-flow valve (prevents water flowing through the pump into tank while on city water). Thanks,

BG
BobG88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 08:26 AM   #24

Tom

Hitting the retract button twice has nothing to do with it and I think that the normal process of coming to ride height just happens to occur during your time of walking around the coach. I have never hit the retract twice and my coach comes to ride height just fine . Now I do "double dump" (the air) from the bags in the process of leveling to bring the coach to level, but in coming back to ride height, I have never used the retract button twice and pretty sure that it is not necessary.

But if it works for you, then let the process stand....

Gary
Old 01-09-2022, 07:18 PM   #25

Jacks

Be sure your air is up all the way before u pick the jack up because the coach wouldn’t come up to ride height!! Don’t ask me how I know that!!
Craneboy302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 10:42 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craneboy302 View Post
Be sure your air is up all the way before u pick the jack up because the coach wouldn’t come up to ride height!! Don’t ask me how I know that!!
Very true! It can take over 100 psi to ensure the valve moves to the proper position to allow the air bags to inflate.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 01:28 PM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
If my coach's system doesn't leak, then it will hold its level with the engine/ignition off or on..... it doesn't matter. It wont re-level unless the ignition is on (but sometimes mine does). that is a different issue.

Gary

I was referring to what you said about your dash saying Not at Ride Height. My dash doesn’t say anything unless ignition is ON.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newbie, slide, slideout