Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2014, 08:13 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
What do those "other guys"...aka Newmar, Tiffin use? Are multiplex lighting panels the standard? I know in advanced vehicles multiplex wiring saves weight and wire runs.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2014, 08:23 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
What do those "other guys"...aka Newmar, Tiffin use? Are multiplex lighting panels the standard? I know in advanced vehicles multiplex wiring saves weight and wire runs.
Tiffin uses multiplex in at least the Bus and Zephyr, not sure about Newmar but I would think so as well.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:27 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Newmar uses them, American coach too. To my knowledge all the high end coaches use multiplex switching today.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:29 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Newmar uses multiplex lighting in their high-end coaches
RV4Me4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:52 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
I like the concept of the multiplex system but one would think the control pads would be hardened against such a potentially common occurrence as a static "zap". Only thing I can figure is I had been wearing a fleece jacket (still bloody cold here) during the day and had continued to get zapped occasionally throughout the day hours after taking it off. I was still half asleep in the am when I reached for the touchpad to retract the night shades and ZAP! Only thing I can think of that might have caused this. Funny thing was, the DW did not get zapped once. She thought it was all funny too! <sigh>....guess I get to learn all about multiplex programmable switch pad controls!
2014 Jeep GC diesel - 2024 Renegade Verona 36VSB
mymyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:57 AM   #20

Ford Super Duty Owner
You need to drag a copper wire behind you.
mccsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:37 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Did find out one other downside of the multiplex wiring. As it is the only wiring moving around in most of the coach, to put a ceiling fan up front in the salon of the coach requires fishing new wire as the only wire up font in the ceiling is the multiplex. Don't know how they tie in for a fan in the bedroom for pre-2014, but evidently not as hard. A shame as I'd like to add a ceiling fan up front to help dissipate the typical heat buildup from the windshield.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:30 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Dave

DW and I discussed one of those fans up front also but couldn 't figure out with that big mirror on the ceiling and slide interfernence how to do it. I suppose I could make the four blade fan two blade and "feather the prop" when closing the slides.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:07 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymyst View Post
Only thing I can figure is I had been wearing a fleece jacket (still bloody cold here) during the day and had continued to get zapped occasionally throughout the day hours after taking it off. Funny thing was, the DW did not get zapped once. She thought it was all funny too! <sigh>....guess I get to learn all about multiplex programmable switch pad controls!
You don't happen to be wearing Rockport shoes, do you. They are good for my feet but I always notice I often get a nice ZAP! when touching something when in a dry environment. Sometimes the charge was enough for me to actually hear the spark!
ScottS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:44 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Dave

DW and I discussed one of those fans up front also but couldn 't figure out with that big mirror on the ceiling and slide interfernence how to do it. I suppose I could make the four blade fan two blade and "feather the prop" when closing the slides.
Probably right...certainly the blades would have to be 10-12" or less. But it is moot point unless you want to run a wire (on the DEQ, probably from the entertainment area). Maybe under the seam cover on the roof, and then plant the fan at the frame around the back of the small front mirror. Probably just a wish and a pipe dream.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:51 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymyst View Post
Ok, front night shades have gone stupid and refuse to retract. Have tried recycling the power master switch to no avail. Looks like they might have over-extended. Any help from the forum? Any ideas?
New update: received new keypad form Entegra today, popped it in (2-min repair), everything now good. Definitely a fried switch on old pad. Everybody is happy happy now! Easy fix once you have parts and know how to remove the old pad wiring from wall! Thanks Don B. From ECCS!
2014 Jeep GC diesel - 2024 Renegade Verona 36VSB
mymyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:06 PM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for that update Ernie. I learned something new today about touch pads.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:35 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Did find out one other downside of the multiplex wiring. As it is the only wiring moving around in most of the coach, to put a ceiling fan up front in the salon of the coach requires fishing new wire as the only wire up font in the ceiling is the multiplex. Don't know how they tie in for a fan in the bedroom for pre-2014, but evidently not as hard. A shame as I'd like to add a ceiling fan up front to help dissipate the typical heat buildup from the windshield.
Dave, We use a portable Endless Breese fan from fantastic set on a small stand and plugged into 12volt recpt. on dash. It works very well to remove the heat buildup in front of coach.We also have another for the bedroom. Clayt and Gail 2014 Anthem
cewgcw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:20 AM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Yep...we use a fan as well, but fans have to be put away when you move...oh well...would want to get to glitzy...