Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2016, 09:52 AM   #1

Night Shades

Before I call CS and bother those busy people I thought I'd ask my question here to see if some of you more experienced Entegra owners might have some knowledge I could use.

I have a 2015 Aspire and the passenger night shad just started acting up. It was slow to operate and now doesn't want to move at all. The day shade is fine. Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2016, 09:56 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
Before I call CS and bother those busy people I thought I'd ask my question here to see if some of you more experienced Entegra owners might have some knowledge I could use.

I have a 2015 Aspire and the passenger night shad just started acting up. It was slow to operate and now doesn't want to move at all. The day shade is fine. Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?
Call c/s and have them send you two motors, then change both night and day shade motors assuming you're talking about the windshield shades. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:50 AM   #3

Power re-boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post

Hey Dave,

In addition to getting those motors, which would be nice to have for back-up. Also try a master power shut down and re-boot. Jump start that bus brain all over new.

Ron.
BUS4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:03 PM   #4

Do a quick search on here regarding shades, but up until the last year or so the ones we had were junk. Chinese made, I'm told. Now I understand they're made in TX and more reliable. One guy posted that he was at something like 14 failed shades. I had 3 replaced at one time on a 14 Anthem with 7,000 miles.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUS4US View Post
Hey Dave,

In addition to getting those motors, which would be nice to have for back-up. Also try a master power shut down and re-boot. Jump start that bus brain all over new.

Ron.
Thanks Ron but I already tried that but I'll try again.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:01 PM   #6

You need to replace the motors.... call CS and have them ship them out to you. I think you are talking about the front night shade in front of the passenger seat.

You can use wire ties to wire it up after rolling up in the meantime. There is very little room to snake something between the shade role and the metal mount, but plastic wire ties can be snaked through the gap and give a strong support.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 08:53 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizzer60 View Post
Do a quick search on here regarding shades, but up until the last year or so the ones we had were junk. Chinese made, I'm told. Now I understand they're made in TX and more reliable. One guy posted that he was at something like 14 failed shades. I had 3 replaced at one time on a 14 Anthem with 7,000 miles.
New United shade motors (red ones) are still made in China. So far the quality seems better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	289.6 KB
ID:	118933

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 01:06 PM   #8

I was told these red motors are the same as used in the MCD motorized shades, and I have not had a failure out of any red motors installed. Fingers are crossed.....

Gary
Old 02-13-2016, 03:06 PM   #9

I appreciate everyone's opinions on this. I guess I'll call CS on Monday to get the ball rolling.
Old 02-14-2016, 08:21 AM   #10

These shade motors for me have been irritating ... I have a 2014 model I bought in October I have replaced 4 motors in 3 months time. The wife and I did this on our own. It's not super complicated but it does take time and definitely 2 people.
Entegra has sent me 4 of the supposed up dated motors now one of the front shades that we did replace with new motor has stopped working arggggg . That worries me. I just hate to think it's going to be a ongoing issue. I didn't mind replacing with the new version as long as that's a permanent fix but now this. So duct tape it up until I find the time to take it apart once again.
It seems others have the same issue from what I have read. Others have stated they have had no issues.
I guess its luck of the draw....
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 09:32 AM   #11

As recently as a couple of months ago, the official story from Entegra is that "there has never been a failure of a red shade motor". Did you get red motors or yellow. Yellow are the second generation motors and not the newest.

Yes, a motor on the front shades, the living room shades and the bathroom/bedroom shades are not a lot of work, but it takes a contortionist and with the right tools to replace the Toll window and entry door shades. It can be done, but it is damn hard. I am a life long DIY person and I just could not get the toll window bracket down.

Also, never replace just one motor..... always replace them in pairs. If you are going to go through the pain of replacing one, go for broke and replace the second, which is just waiting to fail (if its not red).

I now have a bunch of red motors in my 2015 and all of them are working as needed.

Gary
Old 02-14-2016, 10:46 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
A tip that was posted, I believe by Don, made changing a motor much easier for me. That tip was to make a sling, I used nylon string, between the cabinet handles and place the removed shade in the sling while changing the motor. It made it an easy one person job for me....great tip.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:46 AM   #13

I would like to add that the wife informed me that the motor I thought was replaced in the blind was actually not replaced with the new one.. so back to the replacement red motors seem to be fine that entegra is sending out...
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 12:00 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
I lost 1 red motor. It was replaced by Entegra at the Tampa show last month. Not complaining since the rate at which they were failing is down considerably! Currently I have one failed shade with a red motor but in this case it isn't the motor so on to the controller!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote