Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2021, 08:38 PM   #85
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
THREAD WARNING

We have had to remove several post for rude remarks. Let’s get back on track and knock off the disparaging remarks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2021, 09:49 PM   #86

Oh my!
Old 09-05-2021, 09:55 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertboyz View Post
Someone posted this on another forum. They said these Entegra owners were rude and obnoxious. They refused to turn off their display at night and it was very distracting to everyone around. Courtesy counts when sharing a space.

Yes light displays like that are actually bad for you as they can prevent you from getting into full REM sleep along with lead to other health problems such as diabetes, certain cancers, etc. When they are that bright they will filter through every pinhole in your night shades making sleep much less restful for many people. That is why they do not recommend you have lights or LED displays approaching the blue spectrum in areas where you sleep or to even be exposed to them for a long period of time just prior to going to bed.

Interesting read from Harvard Medical on the topic:
https://www.health.harvard.edu/stayi...as-a-dark-side
Old 09-05-2021, 11:34 PM   #88

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio44718 View Post
Not limited to motorhomes.

So, does the biker park it all night with the lights on?? I'd love to see that rig coming and going, all lit up in the dark!
Old 09-05-2021, 11:50 PM   #89

Seeing THAT motorcycle at night would be a once in a lifetime experience.!!!! I might be able to wait......

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Old 09-06-2021, 01:04 AM   #90

Back when I had a house in a buggy area, we bought a large electric bug zapper. It attracted bugs with light. We got the most bug-free results by mounting it 30 yards away from the house. All the bugs went to it instead of the porch.

So I don't mind some of those lit-up RV's in buggy areas.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Old 09-06-2021, 01:24 AM   #91

By all means turn them off. I don't want to look at how "pretty" your coach is.
Old 09-06-2021, 05:16 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpinva View Post
It's an " all about me" mentality these days.
My wife and I started fulling two and a half years ago, started workamping two years ago. The sense of community and courtesy that permeated most campgrounds a couple years ago seems to have been replaced with the 'All About Me' mentality, especially since the Covid Campers hit the scene. At this point we would be hard pressed to ever work in another campground.
Being part of the Tuner scene back in the early 2000's, I have a deep appreciation for LEDs and underglows, just not in a campground after 10pm.
Old 09-06-2021, 05:18 AM   #93

Tiffin Owners Club
Looks like you are very considerate of your neighbors. Hope to park near you soon!
Old 09-06-2021, 05:58 AM   #94

I’ve never had a problem with coaches with Vegas lights at night. When all the darkening shades are down I don’t see nothing. Hell I’ve parked many times under lights in a parking lot all night that shined in through the shower roof but I shut my bedroom door. I usually leave my porch lights on so I can lookout and see who’s rummaging through the area at night. I can see all sides of these topic. I would think if you’re parked in the wilderness, you would probably want total darkness but would still want a motion light on.
Old 09-06-2021, 06:35 AM   #95

Patriotism is awesome!

I think the display is beautiful!! In these days of “America Last”, disrespecting our anthem and flag, we all need a little reminder of how fortunate we are to live in this great country!! Close your blinds and your eyes in prayer and thank GOD you live here!!
Old 09-06-2021, 06:49 AM   #96

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Outside of being trolled, we no nothing about this photo. I see it is decorated with a large American flag in the window and red, white and blue lights. For all we know this might have been at a 4th of July Celebration. That photo looks like a proud American to me, maybe a Gold Star Mother & Father.
I just started reading this thread (and should probably multi+) but my first reaction was “at least it’s patriotic”.

I don’t like stuff all lit up late at night, and those new silly built-in led strips on the front of trailers are some of the worst offenders - I don’t understand why people don’t turn them off at bed time.

But it’s life in a crowded environment - lots of different people means lots of different behaviors, just like suburbs and cities. It’s why I prefer boondockimg.

I turn off every outdoor light at night, but I did light up the night with my gillion candle power roof-mounted Golight LED flood when someone was running their generator at 11:30pm to watch tv. It got the point across.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:34 AM   #97

I agree with you.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:18 AM   #98

To us, this is not a brand thing, it's a consideration thing.
Some folks are very sensitive to bright lights at night for quality sleep.
Other folks want the "camping experience" - sitting quietly under a dark night sky,
marvelling at the stars and planets one can see in the dark, with only the sounds of the critters and the crackling of a campfire.
Insert drink of choice here.
We think displays are fine during daylight hours, but that the sensitivities of yiur fellow campers should be considered after sunset...
Closed Thread