Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2021, 02:22 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Night time Courtesy

Someone posted this on another forum. They said these Entegra owners were rude and obnoxious. They refused to turn off their display at night and it was very distracting to everyone around. Courtesy counts when sharing a space.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Entergra Lit Up.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	341557  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2021, 05:06 PM   #2

I agree, that is simply bragging.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Old 08-31-2021, 05:12 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Our blinds are usually closed at night, so probably wouldn't bother me at all. But I can only speak for myself.
Old 08-31-2021, 05:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertboyz View Post
Someone posted this on another forum. They said these Entegra owners were rude and obnoxious. They refused to turn off their display at night and it was very distracting to everyone around. Courtesy counts when sharing a space.

Ok, so who of us took offense to that statement? We are rude,obnoxious, self righteous, and a few of us very good looking.We do have some of the best looking Coaches in the Country. And we beg each year for more gadgets. If he parks next to me you will be seeing my Coach in lights! I think it was rude to post a picture of someones else's coach.
Old 08-31-2021, 05:37 PM   #5

I blew up the picture and noticed that there is a string of led lights across the windshield as well as on the ground around the perimeter of the coach.
Obviously an exhibitionist.
One can only hope that it is NOT an owner and just rented the coach.
Sure does not help the good name we as proud Entegra owners seek to exhibit.
Old 08-31-2021, 05:56 PM   #6

Well I have been on the road now for a month and will be on the road for two more months before due home and I can assure you that coaches lit up like Christmas trees are not limited to Entegra coaches or Entegra owners. In my experience, the worst offenders are 5th wheels followed by bumper-pull trailers. It appears that the newest wiz-bang adornment that designers have come up with are LED lights.... they are on everything these days. And if that is not enough, owners of all brands of coaches apparently think that while LEDS, or even better multicolor, programmable multicolor LED lights, are best if they encircle the entire outer bottom perimeter of what ever bucket of bolts they happen to own, and of course, those yellowish strings of regular sized bubs sold by Sam's laying on the ground are not to be avoided and appear to impossible to walk past,....

Frankly, its all obscene to me whether coming from an Entegra or a 1970 Winnebago Chieftan. If I have anything on, its early, and most likely that I am trying to give a message to someone else that I can play "that game" too.

Turn 'm off people!

Edit: I dislike light displays almost as much as I dislike a hundred wood fires .... i gave up two packs of Winstons a day 45 years ago and have no interest in polluting my lungs with your smoke, light or no lights!! It's all relative..

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Old 08-31-2021, 06:16 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Not limited to motorhomes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MoreLights.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	341604  
Old 08-31-2021, 07:42 PM   #8

Oh, just to be clear.... the coach pictured above was NOT my coach.... --

Gary
Old 08-31-2021, 08:56 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Oh, just to be clear.... the coach pictured above was NOT my coach.... --

Gary

We were sure it was not yours……,not enough lights.
Old 08-31-2021, 09:06 PM   #10

--
Old 08-31-2021, 09:27 PM   #11

Another vote for not lighting up an RV with string lights and such. It is disruptive and wastes electricity. It also interferes with ones night vision and makes star gazing difficult.
Old 08-31-2021, 10:51 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Full disclosure, we are on our way to Boogey Lights next month to errr enhance the glow ability of our rig. We currently enjoy the multitude of lighting options available while we are up and in camp before quiet hours. DW is particularly enamored with the accent lights, which I partially attribute to sharing Angie videos with her.

We secure all external intrusion devices prior to quiet hours to reduce impact on fellow campers.

We are also repeat offenders with fire pits. I can't help it and may seek professional assistance.......

To help mitigate our impacts in CG, we keep a full cooler of beer available as peace offerings.

j
Old 08-31-2021, 11:30 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertboyz View Post
It's so.. so.... so so. I mean who designed that lighting? Tacky. Totally destroys of the feng shui of the campground.

Seriously, if the rest of us have to look at it, the least is that it should look good.
Old 09-01-2021, 12:18 AM   #14

I'll admit to adding a flexible LED strip around the front windows of my coach - but that was specifically for use as Christmas lighting, and also I was staying (and usually do) in truck stops rather than in a forested RV campground. So the extra lighting is also for safety and lots of trucks have LOTS of lighting for the same reason - the rigs like to be personalized.

I wouldn't leave them on in a place where they would disturb anyone though, if I did happen to be in such a place.