Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2022, 12:26 PM   #1

NIRV service and Entegra warranty

I have been reading this forum at breakfast several days a week since 2017 when I bought my first anthem. I have learned so much from this forum about entegra coaches, service, maintenance and repair. I am looking to you guys for advice on what you would do in my situation. I hear so many Praises for NIRV. It almost sounds like some kind of info commercial.

It was time to take my 2022 anthem in for some service and warranty work. I contacted my local shop that had done the warranty work on my 2017. I was very happy with them. The shop said I needed to call entegra and get pre-authorization so I called them right in front of the service manager. Entegra said they would pay book price but no diagnostic time. Unfortunately most of the items on my listing would require extensive Diagnostics. For example no GPS signal, blind spot awareness sensors were wired backwards, right showed left, left showed right, left rear didn't work at all. Just to name of few. My local shop said they couldn't take it on because Diagnostics could take sometime and they couldn't do it for free. They advised me to take it to a entegra warranty center, so after reading this forum for so many years I decided I would try NIRV Atlanta even though they're 8 hours away from home. (Clearwater Florida) the two Florida Entegra dealers have terrible service reputations.

I contacted NIRV Atlanta and made an appointment to bring it in. I had a whole page of items that needed to be looked at. As most of you know, a new coach has to kind of go through a shakedown period to get things worked out. I met with Lamont at NIRV on August 3rd. We went over my list in detail walked out to the coach went through each and every item he took pictures and even fixed a few things right then and there that just needed minor adjustments.
From there it went downhill the only time during this process he called me was to get payment for the oil change service. I would call him every couple of weeks to try to get an update it would take him days to get back to me and then he would say he would look into it and let me know. I wouldn't hear anything, call him back a couple weeks later this went on for 2 months. To make a really long story short the following things were not completed.
1) the blind spot awareness system that was wired wrong from the factory was never repaired
2) the front AC that is short cycling was never repaired
3) the gray water monitor that was always showing empty wasn't fixed and now the black water is doing the same thing
4) washing machine not working throwing code f24 is still showing code f24
5) there was some minor collision paint repairs needed, never done
6) front pressure air tank pressure down to zero after less than 2 days still the same
7) master bathroom pocket door rubbs so hard my wife can't open the door from the closed position. They did smear some stain on the gouges in the door where it was rubbing.
8) passenger side windshield Nightshade was hanging up some times, they fixed it but now the driver side hangs up every time you try to lower it
9) Rear awning will only come out about halfway then retracts still doing the same thing
10) there was some minor collision damage to the left rear went untouched
11) still no GPS, just says searching GPS signal

Unfortunately I can go on and on and on.
For some reason they broke the work order up into four parts ABCD. I'm not sure why. I was able after several requests to get part A and D I still have not even seen b and C I asked Lamont face to face, I've asked him on voice messages and I've asked him in emails. I'm just being ignored.
Before I left there Wednesday October 4th. I had them page Lamont after a lengthy wait he came up to the front he kind of acted like he couldn't be bothered with it, he told me he would call the tech and walked away. I waited around for another half hour 45 minutes never saw the tech or Lamont. At this point I was late for a meeting in Waverly Georgia so I told the receptionist I couldn't wait any longer and was going to have to leave. She was very kind and asked did I want to talk to anybody else. I said not at this time. After I thought about it a while I called back and told her I would like to talk to a supervisor. She put me through to a maintenance supervisor. I left a message but still a week later have not heard back.
My question to entegra is what good is a 2-year warranty if the people they choose to sell their coaches can't do a halfway decent job at servicing them, what's the point?
My question to the forum is what would you do if you were me? I'm thinking about just self-paying so I can get this nightmare put behind me.
entegra sw is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2022, 01:08 PM   #2

I know in my dealings with my service advisor a text works much better than voice mail. At least in Nashville Colorado (my service advisor) is almost never at his desk and the published phone number for them is in fact a softphone from MS Teams that pushes through to their cell phones and which they can respond via text.

Additionally on the NIRVC website you can register for a user ID and add your VIN into that tool and see all work orders online and even print them. (for the B and C work orders.

In general I think that NIRVC is struggling with scalability based on service reputation which is a double edged sword in that there will be times when issues are experienced. But if you push the general mgr will get involved and make it right.

To me it's not if an issue arises but how the issue is ultimately responded to.
jeff.herren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 01:30 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
You may not like to hear this, but the most reliable and expditious way to get these issues fixed is to take the coach back to Entegra in Middlebury, IN. I know it is a long way to go, but the chances are excellent that all your issues will be fixed there in a reasonable amount of time. That is what I would do if I were in your shoes. You do need to make an appointment in advance.

If that is not feasible, then escalate the issue to the general manager of the NIRVC location, and if that doesn't work, to the owner of NIRVC, Brett Davis. There is no dealer in the nation who is more conscientious than Brett Davis and NIRVC, but that doesn't change the facts of life that these issues are hard to correct and qualified technical personnal are in short supply. They try hard to do things right but they don't always succeed.

Good luck. There is light at the end of the tunnel. You just have to have the patience and stamina to get there.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 01:33 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Entegra SW.
I took my list and made the trip to Entegra last month. There is only so much a dealer can do when items need factory diagnostics and Entegra won't pay for any.
So far even Entegra has not been able to fix Myers problem, the coach batteries not charging. However the ONLY ones working on the reason is Justin at NIRVC and Ted Cook at Entegra
I have yet to hear of any other dealer that has offered anything.
BTW, Entegra did fix all of my other issues, but it did take an additional 3 days
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 01:38 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Try giving a ring to Todd Springs, General Manager at the Atlanta location. NIRVC doesn't always get it right, but they do stand behind their work and the company. Might be worth a shot before humping it up the hill all the way to the factory. Or give Joyce Skinner a call at the factory service center...she has been known to move mountains to make things right.....
2014 Jeep GC diesel - 2024 Renegade Verona 36VSB
mymyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 01:42 PM   #6
Community Moderator

NIRV service and Entegra warranty

Wow, Brett Davis, the owner of NIRVC usually reads this forum and I bet he would be very interested to hear about your negative experience and make it right. I have read his replies to similar bad experiences, and he is a very honest and upstanding guy and will make it right.
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 02:31 PM   #7
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by entegra sw View Post
I have been reading this forum at breakfast several days a week since 2017 when I bought my first anthem. I have learned so much from this forum about entegra coaches, service, maintenance and repair. I am looking to you guys for advice on what you would do in my situation. I hear so many Praises for NIRV. It almost sounds like some kind of info commercial.

It was time to take my 2022 anthem in for some service and warranty work. I contacted my local shop that had done the warranty work on my 2017. I was very happy with them. The shop said I needed to call entegra and get pre-authorization so I called them right in front of the service manager. Entegra said they would pay book price but no diagnostic time. Unfortunately most of the items on my listing would require extensive Diagnostics. For example no GPS signal, blind spot awareness sensors were wired backwards, right showed left, left showed right, left rear didn't work at all. Just to name of few. My local shop said they couldn't take it on because Diagnostics could take sometime and they couldn't do it for free. They advised me to take it to a entegra warranty center, so after reading this forum for so many years I decided I would try NIRV Atlanta even though they're 8 hours away from home. (Clearwater Florida) the two Florida Entegra dealers have terrible service reputations.

I contacted NIRV Atlanta and made an appointment to bring it in. I had a whole page of items that needed to be looked at. As most of you know, a new coach has to kind of go through a shakedown period to get things worked out. I met with Lamont at NIRV on August 3rd. We went over my list in detail walked out to the coach went through each and every item he took pictures and even fixed a few things right then and there that just needed minor adjustments.
From there it went downhill the only time during this process he called me was to get payment for the oil change service. I would call him every couple of weeks to try to get an update it would take him days to get back to me and then he would say he would look into it and let me know. I wouldn't hear anything, call him back a couple weeks later this went on for 2 months. To make a really long story short the following things were not completed.
1) the blind spot awareness system that was wired wrong from the factory was never repaired
2) the front AC that is short cycling was never repaired
3) the gray water monitor that was always showing empty wasn't fixed and now the black water is doing the same thing
4) washing machine not working throwing code f24 is still showing code f24
5) there was some minor collision paint repairs needed, never done
6) front pressure air tank pressure down to zero after less than 2 days still the same
7) master bathroom pocket door rubbs so hard my wife can't open the door from the closed position. They did smear some stain on the gouges in the door where it was rubbing.
8) passenger side windshield Nightshade was hanging up some times, they fixed it but now the driver side hangs up every time you try to lower it
9) Rear awning will only come out about halfway then retracts still doing the same thing
10) there was some minor collision damage to the left rear went untouched
11) still no GPS, just says searching GPS signal

Unfortunately I can go on and on and on.
For some reason they broke the work order up into four parts ABCD. I'm not sure why. I was able after several requests to get part A and D I still have not even seen b and C I asked Lamont face to face, I've asked him on voice messages and I've asked him in emails. I'm just being ignored.
Before I left there Wednesday October 4th. I had them page Lamont after a lengthy wait he came up to the front he kind of acted like he couldn't be bothered with it, he told me he would call the tech and walked away. I waited around for another half hour 45 minutes never saw the tech or Lamont. At this point I was late for a meeting in Waverly Georgia so I told the receptionist I couldn't wait any longer and was going to have to leave. She was very kind and asked did I want to talk to anybody else. I said not at this time. After I thought about it a while I called back and told her I would like to talk to a supervisor. She put me through to a maintenance supervisor. I left a message but still a week later have not heard back.
My question to entegra is what good is a 2-year warranty if the people they choose to sell their coaches can't do a halfway decent job at servicing them, what's the point?
My question to the forum is what would you do if you were me? I'm thinking about just self-paying so I can get this nightmare put behind me.
Afternoon,
First of all let me apologize as im responding via my iphone and hunt and peck on this little screen is not easy for me.
I hate to hear about all the issues you’re having with your coach and the trouble encountered trying to get them repaired.
I can go into great detail about the difficulties we encounter when trying to rectify large warranty lists of repairs but I ll save that for a later conversation with you. Let’s see what we can do to get you fixed up.
Im out of my office for next 2 1/2 days but here’s my cell phone number, 214-725-1601. Text me your contact info and I ll send you my email address. We can start over by getting me the list of deficiencies and we’ll see if we can put a game plan together.
Thanks
Todd Springs
General manager, NIRVC ATL
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration

GM Atlanta 770-679-7170
Todd Springs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 05:29 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Todd, don't feel bad, I made my last post on my phone. I just noticed, it's a mess with auto corrects. How my became Myers, I don't have clue.
Old 10-11-2022, 06:01 PM   #9

I have tried to get my entegra anthem in twice now to there
Las Vegas location for some repairs .. both times I was told someone would call me back to line up the appointment and never did…

These guys started out as a great dealer with a great concept
But have totally shifted there customer service like all the other dealers out there

Look at all the recent post with the exact same complaints just on this forum in the last 90 days..

You shouldn’t have to post on a public forum to get a response which really is all that’s happening..

These guys have been killing it in this market and they have lost there need to care…

To have a list like that and not have it fulfilled is unacceptable
And spending the money you did and to be treated like that is just
Plain wrong

And shame on entegra for not seeing there warranties thru
With there dealers

Just my opinion..
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 06:43 PM   #10

Ok, you bought a coach elsewhere and your selling dealer would not work on warranty items because Entegra will not pay diagnostic time so you go to another dealer expecting them to do it, what could possible go wrong here.
Old 10-11-2022, 06:52 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi - We have owned eleven motor homes from many different manufacturers. The bottom line is that no dealer is going to give you the service you can get at the manufacturer's service center. When I shop I look for two things. 1. can the dealer be counted on for the small stuff and 2. does the manufacturer have a good service center that is owner centered. I am not going to get into what seller has good service as it is easier to see who doesn't. What I can tell you is that Entegra has been superior in many aspects in getting a coach with many difficulties to the level it should have been when it left the factory. Not the right way to do it but better than most all others, especially in the current climate of shortages and newbie techs.

If it is at all possible go to the Entegra factory to get a large list of items fixed. For a smaller or less complex list then there are some decent service facilities and NIRVC is one that is trustworthy. But they did not make the coach and sometimes feel that the issues are not of their causing.

Tom
Old 10-11-2022, 07:16 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
You shouldn’t have to post on a public forum to get a response which really is all that’s happening..
Can’t necessarily disagree here, but would like to point out: at least you have that option with NIRVC.

Following is a list of dealers other than NIRVC who monitor these forums and publicly resolve customer concerns expressed therein:
USMCRET is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 04:43 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Hi -

If it is at all possible go to the Entegra factory to get a large list of items fixed. For a smaller or less complex list then there are some decent service facilities and NIRVC is one that is trustworthy. But they did not make the coach and sometimes feel that the issues are not of their causing.

Tom
Tom, you and I met at Entegra last month, (a pleasure, by the way) different items, but same reason. With my "we've never heard of that before" items I knew my coach needed to go the factory or it would be sitting at NIRVC for a long time while who was going to be paying for the time was decided. Why even burden a dealer with those items? Justin from NIRVC is working on it, with other coaches, to be able to better serve their customers when the answer is found. Ted Cook did fly into Nashville, saw the problem first hand and called the factory to let them know what he saw. I did not leave the coach at NIRVC, I continued on the the factory.
BTW, my Spartan warranty items were corrected at NIRVC in one day without me having to schedule and go all the way to Spartan in MI.

Even at Entegra, one of my major problems was still not resolved, but now they have seen it first hand. Firefly released the new update that corrects the charger settings, but the charging issues are being still being worked on. There is no question who is paying the diagnostic fee. If it was not for Hurricane Ian, Ted Cook from Entegra was due here today to continue to work on the problem. Moral to the post, sometimes even the factory cannot figure out the problem, but my coach is not sitting on a lot waiting for an answer. JME, sometimes the factory needs to be consulted before passing the problem and fault on to a dealer. Sometime the owner has to diagnostic the situation. If Entegra already said they would not pay the diagnostic fee, why even take it to another dealer expecting miracles? Entegra basically said it would need to come here.

BTW even Entegra does not fix appliances, they call Mister Appliance, I saw his truck there many times last month. Whirlpool does make warranty calls to the owners location, they did on my refrigerator.

You asked for members opinion, here's mine. I would break my own list down, call Entegra and ask how they would like to handle it. They had me call Whirlpool service, etc. Whirlpool was great and came to me. But you are asking one of the big fans of NIRVC. I broke my list down on what NIRVC could handle and what needed to go to the factory and Firefly. I stopped at NIRVC on my way to the factory and service was perfect. Many of us do sound like an infommercial, I made the big mistake of getting the Lazy Days treatment. After two coaches from NIRVC there is no comparison, my service has always been as stated, but I stay with the coach until work is completed.
Old 10-12-2022, 06:10 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
Can’t necessarily disagree here, but would like to point out: at least you have that option with NIRVC.

Following is a list of dealers other than NIRVC who monitor these forums and publicly resolve customer concerns expressed therein:
. It's been 8 years and I am still waiting for my return calls from Lazy Days for lack of service.

Tags
entegra, service, warranty