Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2016, 08:55 PM   #1
PJL

NIRVC - Atlanta

Just wanted to add my name to the growing list of customers who sing the praises of NIRVC. This post will be long winded – so if you already know the merits of dealing with NIRVC, feel free to skip this post. I picked up our 2016 Cornerstone ~10 days ago at the Atlanta NIRVC location. I am new to motorhome ownership (prior RV was a 5th wheel). In doing my pre-purchase research, I read numerous posts of RV owners warning buyers to not trust their dealer, advising not to pay until you get everything you were promised, stating that if the dealer’s lips are moving they are probably lying, etc. etc. There were enough horror stories posted that I was a little nervous buying such an expensive motorhome. I am glad to report that my NIRVC buying process was anything but a horror story. When first looking to purchase, I was evaluating Tiffin, American Coach, Newmar and Entegra. I stopped by many dealerships to see models and floorplans. When I met with Jon Anderson (our salesman) at the Atlanta NIRVC, he spent the better part of the day walking me and my wife through their inventory, answering all my questions on Newmar and Entegra – and more importantly – if he didn’t know an answer – he didn’t try to make something up or respond with the answer he thought I was hoping to hear. Even though NIRVC doesn’t carry American Coach or Tiffin products, he never dismissed those products as inferior. All I can say is this is not necessarily the same experience I had at other dealers. Anyway, weeks later after deciding on the Cornerstone, I started pricing our desired configuration with multiple dealers. NIRVC was very competitive in their pricing, and based upon other glowing reviews of NIRVC on this forum, I decided to order through them. Now, besides the whole low pressure, honest sales approach, there are a lot of other things NIRVC did to make our purchase experience top notch. I’ll mention just a few examples. We full time RV and previously sold our 5th wheel. NIRVC allowed us to store all our possessions in their showroom for several days prior to our taking delivery of the Cornerstone. This really made it easy to transition our stuff into our new Entegra. As mentioned, my wife & I are new to motorhomes, so we asked for a detailed walkthrough. NIRVC personnel (Woo & Justin) combined to spend over 12 hours educating us on our new coach. We stayed several nights in their parking lot and each morning would have a list of additional questions and punch list items that they quickly addressed. (BTW – against the advice of many forum members, I paid NIRVC for the coach prior to all items being completed – yet saw no change in their attitude or service levels). I had NIRVC install my tow package (Blue Ox tow bar, base plate, and SMI Air Force One brake controller). Their installer (Troy) did a masterful job on the installation and the front of my toad looks fantastic. Couldn’t have done a cleaner job myself. I also had NIRVC install both a wifi signal booster (transferred from my 5th wheel) and a cell phone signal booster I ordered from a 3rd party. They ran into issues on some of the components I ordered, and even though they didn’t select the product or place the order, they took ownership of getting the correct parts re-shipped and had next day air delivery to correct my supplier’s mistakes. I told them I would pay the bills, but they just ate the costs. (I know it is small dollars – but when was the last time you had a vendor eat incremental costs for something that was not due to their mistake!). Some of the additional services I had them do greatly exceeded their work estimates, yet they never once asked for more money. It was also nice that NIRVC could provide me with individual wheel weights after fully loading my coach (no surprise, plenty of weight to spare). One last item that really solidified my opinion of this company – There was a material snafu with the delivery of the unit my wife and I ordered. I won’t go into details, but it was definitely an Entegra snafu – not NIRVC. Even though NIRVC had nothing to do with the mistake, NIRVC took total ownership of the problem and within the day, the president of the company was calling me to apologize and to find out what he could do to make things right. Never did he blame Entegra for the error. When I told him I knew that it was an Entegra mistake, he simply responded that it was irrelevant. He said that I purchased the unit from NIRVC, so as far as he was concerned it was an NIRVC problem and he was going to fix it. What a refreshing way to do business. There wasn’t a sole I dealt with at NIRVC that didn’t fully understand the company’s philosophy towards total customer service. Hopefully I will not be purchasing another coach anytime soon, but if I do, you can bet it will be with NIRVC. I know there are other quality Entegra dealers out there as well, just wanted to add my name to the long list of happy NIRVC customers. Again, apologies for being long winded.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2016, 10:51 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Good report PJL - glad it went well...
supposed to talk to Brett tomorrow about the 25 or so Newmars and Entegras he just got in, home he can make one work for us !
Old 03-16-2016, 04:09 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I love hearing a great dealer story like that. My DW was very impressed when she met Angie and informed me where we would be shopping next time. I have one of the dealers that has worked very hard not to get my repeat business.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 07:57 AM   #4

I was curious as to who had moved into the showroom the last time I was in there!
Our Anthem was built during the "lost time" in 2014 when Entegra produced several coaches with some extensive problems to say the least. We have had several long list of items needing repair at various times. While having new things break or fail to work on every outing has become very frustrating for us, the cheerful attitude with which NIRV has addressed the issues and fixed things has helped us keep our sanity. Would definitely have them at the top of my list when getting ready to upgrade.
Swerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 09:06 AM   #5

You would have to look for a long time to find a better dealer than NIRVC. Actually, I doubt a better one exist. It all starts at the top so I'm not surprised that Brett got involved in your situation.
Congratulations on your new Cornerstone and you'll be even happier you picked NIRVC as time goes by. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 09:44 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for the great review! Its always refreshing to hear of the things gone right instead of the things gone wrong. There are good dealers out there who have their processes in place and working properly. NIRVC is obviously one of them. I'll have to pay them a visit myself as I look for a newer coach in the future.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 06:06 PM   #7

We're planning to purchase our first RV (Entegra Cornerstone) later this year and will be heading to NIRVC to get it. I've already talked to Angie and now you've solidified my decision. Thanks for such a refreshing customer review!
tkmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 06:21 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I am in the queue with Angie assuming Entegra ever designs a DEQish Cornerstone. Have any of you found it cumbersome dealing with a sales person in Texas and taking delivery in Georgia?
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 10:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcosdad View Post
I am in the queue with Angie assuming Entegra ever designs a DEQish Cornerstone. Have any of you found it cumbersome dealing with a sales person in Texas and taking delivery in Georgia?

No problems at all. They coordinate everything so it really is a seamless operation. Actually Angie has been spending a lot of time in Georgia lately. They just all work together and have great communication so nothing falls through the cracks. All JMHO

2016 44 B Topaz Cornerstone
2014 MKT towed
Old 03-18-2016, 02:25 PM   #10

We have been very happy with the folks at NIRVC! They are a night and day difference from our experience with the dealer where we purchased our 2013 (which I am happy to hear they are no longer an Entegra dealer). Picked up our 2016 mid Jan from NIRVC and spent a few days getting several things taken care of. Had to come back to get the paint work done and by then we had a fairly substantial punch list. While it has taken us longer than expected to get all the work done (1 1/2 weeks) we should finally be on our way tomorrow. Everyone at NIRVC are amazing and work very hard to take care of their customers. I'm looking forward to the new facility! Also... We had a fabulous time at our first rally at Stone Mountain. Thank you NIRVC and Entegra for a great Marchfest! Looking forward to Aprils in Middlebury.
Terribeck01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:05 PM   #11
PJL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcosdad View Post

I don't think that will be a problem, but the Atlanta operation has quality sales staff as well. Why not just work directly with them? I used Jon Anderson and was happy. While there, I met another salesman, and he seemed just as knowledgeable and professional as anyone else I dealt with. From what I've heard, Angie is good, but my preference would be to use a capable salesperson in the same location that I planned to take delivery. Regardless, NIRVC as a company will take good care of you.
Old 03-19-2016, 04:24 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
You gotta wonder if other Entegra dealers read these kind of posts and see the free publicity running a dealership with good customer experiences leads to. Maybe they don't care and it's only about the sale. Makes me think about where my next purchase will be....I'm glad somebody selling Entegras is doing a good job.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 07:03 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
You gotta wonder if other Entegra dealers read these kind of posts and see the free publicity running a dealership with good customer experiences leads to. Maybe they don't care and it's only about the sale. Makes me think about where my next purchase will be....I'm glad somebody selling Entegras is doing a good job.
Well said. Might be headed to Atlanta from DFW myself.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:23 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Sorry I waited so long to read this great report. Bonnie & I thought Ya'll were so happy because of the parking lot party. I know how grand it was for us to get to know ya'll. It is great to hear other owners rave about NIRVC & all their staff!!!!!
Anthem46 is offline   Reply With Quote