Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2022, 10:39 AM   #1

NIRVC - Comments and Thoughts

After reading some comments regarding various NIRVC Locations and not posting any replies to those specific comments but trying to weigh in my mind the concerns of certain owners I finally came to decide I would post my thoughts.

First however a little background : We've been RV'ing since the late 70's as renters and the early 80's as owners. We've owned 6 Class A Motorhomes and been to a lot of Service Centers both Dealership / Repair Centers and Private Repair only Service Providers and by FAR the Privately Owned all over the Country have usually been much better experiences. We have been Full Timers since 2014 first in an 09 Allegro Bus and since November of 2015 in our 2016 Anthem.

We DID NOT purchase from NIRVC and for the first 3 years went to our purchasing Dealership ( LazyDays - Seffner, Fl ) for our repairs which required a lot of involvement on our part to complete in a timely and proper fashion !

During a discussion with Brett Davis I mentioned problematic Service and Repairs and he immediately said " bring your Coach to us " and give us a shot in which I reminded him I didn't purchase from you but he said " we'll treat you no different " !

I never forgot those words and in an Arizona Hail Storm with damage to our skylight we contacted NIRVC Arizona and they quickly got our parts ordered so I could do repairs until we got our Insurance Adjuster out for all the other
damage . A year or so later we called to NIRVC Atlanta with a Transfer Switch failure and several other repairs and again they accomodated us . This past May NIRVC Atlanta replaced our Sewer Macerator , Keypad Entry System and Front TV which took several vendors multiple attempts to get correct but was no fault of NIRVC .

I am not suggesting NIRVC is perfect nor that I wasn't frustrated the Vendors couldn't deliver the correct TV the first time nor the Tech had issues diagnosing and correcting the Entry System but my CS Adviser , Tech and Shop Supervisor also were frustrated . What made all our NIRVC experiences so different from the normal Dealership/Repair Center was every NIRVC Employee remained Calm, Cool and Communicative with us and kept us informed .

NIRVC Atlanta headed up by Todd Springs , our CS Adviser Dan Phillips, our Tech Nick and Jason and honestly everyone we were in contact with did their VERY BEST to get our repairs completed in as timely a fashion as humanly possible while dealing with supply chain issues and manpower shortages plaguing them .

I believe that in some cases we as Owners expect too much and only see our side of the situation. Those are my Comments and Thoughts and obviously my opinion which I fully understand and accept you may or may not agree with my viewpoint !
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2022, 01:24 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I had a great experience with NIRVC Atlanta when I had retrobands put on. Granted, that was just a two day thing ... but never the less, it was a good experience.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 01:57 PM   #3

All of my experiences with NIRVC have been good. Some better than others but all head and shoulders above anything else I have ever experienced. Todd Springs and Dan Phillips handled everything for me with confidence and calmness even when I was at times frustrated. Chuck Lasley and the mobile tire crew worked me into a FMCA rally to change a tire and reinstall retrobands when I needed it done this summer.

Just knowing that I have someone to call with a question and knowing that I have a growing selection of locations to go to for service is a comfortable feeling.
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 01:58 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Brian, to echo on your comments on NIRVC with service after the sale, be it from NIRVC, or another dealer.

As many know of the batteries not charging issue, my first call was to Brett Davis for dealer assistance. He immediately had Justin with the Atlanta store on it. Justin and I compared notes as he just had a 22 at the Phoenix location with the same problem and already bad batteries. He contacted Ted Cook from Entegra and immediately got him involved. After numerous calls comparing notes, Justin scheduled a flight in to meet with Firefly to get hands on in this situation as NIRVC know it's going to be a problem for many coaches relying on NIRVC to address the issue. In addition Ted Cook was waiting for me when I arrived at the Nashville location to get a hands on and was on the phone to Firefly and Entegra explaining the issue.

As of yet, I have not heard of any other dealer taking an interest or involvement in a solution. So far it has only been NIRVC that is really practicing "service after the sale". My guess is the other dealers are going to have a stock of L16 batteries on hand, make the sale and profit, and be good with that.

I think once Brett has the NIRVC service app launched, the customer is going to see the communication to the vendors and the replies in real time. I also know of no other dealer that is going to open service communication to 100% transparency when a coach enters their shop for service of any kind.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 08:28 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
I would say that Brett Davis and NIRVC are the cream of the crop in customer service and taking care of the customer after the sale. I just wish there was one closer to Idaho
Larsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 08:46 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
I used NIRVC Lewisville for body work on my coach a couple of years ago. They were very expensive (for my insurance company), not super communicative, and actually relied on me to get trim pieces from the manufacturer to complete the job.

All that said, they did an excellent job, worked hard (with constant prodding) to finish two days before leaving on a long trip. They also waved my deductible due to the difficulties.

At the time I was frustrated with them but realized that they were super busy and they were doing their best. Now, I consider their work to be excellent and would recommend them to anyone.

But you need to understand that their reputation brings them large amounts of work and you need to be realistic about timing expectations.
Old 09-11-2022, 09:31 AM   #7

The take-away from these discussions about Mr Davis and his staff is that doing better WILL bring in more business. My only concern is they'll be victims of their own success (which is happening to some extent already).

What makes NIRVC different is they own their errors and mistakes and take care of the customer. It may take some time to resolve, but there is a resolution, something we seldom hear about from the volume dealers. I wish them well.
Old 09-11-2022, 11:15 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Another addition since this post. In talking with Justin regarding the battery charging issue the newer coach are having. Brett Davis seeing the post, contacted Justin and said, "what can we do to be of service to our customer?" Justin as been hands on almost every day working on a solution as well as flying in to meet with FireFly. I still have not seen any others dealers helping to work on a solution for their customers.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 06:15 PM   #9

NIRVC Nashville

Well here is my second post as a new somewhat full timer. We just bought a new 2022 Anthem from a dealer out west. We have over 7000 miles logged and the only dealer that has went above and beyond is NIRVC. We also visited with Andy in sales about our next coach. WOW. Old school way of doing business!! I will try hard to give them my business in the future. JD
Great experience at Nashville parts department and install.
JDANDDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 07:26 PM   #10

I wish our experience with NIRVC was as good as some have posted but it just wasn't.
Capt Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 07:36 PM   #11

NIRVC-Las Vegas

My coach has been a resident in Las Vegas since June 21st. Thankfully I pick it up on September 20th. Since I didn’t really need it until next week, I wasn’t too pushy, at least, not until the last month. Everything that needed fixing was warranty stuff. Had to have some minor body/paint work done due to a traffic cone jumping in front of my bus on I-84 in Idaho. The primary cause of the delay in getting it back was the lack of new tank sensors #1, and, my power toll window toggle switch, neither one has been installed yet, to date. Supply chain issues I guess. Well, I called ENTEGRA CS and explained my frustrations. No toggle switches in stock but, the factory had 36 of them in the shop. I was able to get one overnighted to NIRVC-LV. Fingers crossed that gets repaired this week. Sensors are another story. Don’t ask! As for NIRVC-LV, they’ve been pretty good. Service Manager, Jace Smith has been great. I’ve had a revolving door of Service Advisors. Before Jace stepped in, communication was sparse! Hoping I’m a happy camper next Tuesday!
ButchT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 07:42 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Van View Post
I wish our experience with NIRVC was as good as some have posted but it just wasn't.
We had high expectations based on the many positive comments as well. We paid someone $400 to admire a problem I informed them we had. We paid double what was quoted for an oil change. We traveled just for service in the hope that we could share in the positive comments. Very disappointed.
2Nailz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 08:04 AM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have never met a more professional, more customer focused person than Brett. I honestly don't know how he keeps the pace he keeps. I know his expectations and aspirations for his team are high. I know he is actively involved in measuring his teams performance, rectifying issues, and looking at innovative methods for improving the RV experience.
He cares. He cares a lot!
His senior managers care as well. He makes sure of it.
He and his team have gone far an above to help me keep on the road. On one trip I used his Nashville, Las Vegas, and Atlanta shops for various reasons. All the work was done well, as promised, and with high quality.
Any issues I have had with NIRVC can be traced back to poor communications, usually by both sides. When worked up the chain of command, they all have been resolved fairly and reasonably. I didn't always get the answer I was looking for, but I always got an answer and a team willing to work with me to resolve whatever the issue.

No other RV organization I have dealt with comes even close.

They are not perfect, but are a learning organization driven to improve.
New2road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 08:22 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
NIRVC?? Help me out guys who or what is NIRVC?
Sgt B is offline   Reply With Quote