Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2016, 05:41 PM   #1

Nite shade assistance please

Ok all you fantastic engineers out there. You helped me before and I need some assistance again. I have a 2012 Aspire DEQ and my nite shade on the passenger front window will not retract. The drivers side does and both the driver and passenger sun shades function. It is just the passenger nite shade. Have I now joined the perverbial nite shade motor failure team? Are there any options for me while I obtain a new motor to retract the nite shade (e.g., can I swap the wires with the sun shade?).

Once again, thank you for your assistance. Oh and before asked yes I have checked the fuses and reset the 12 volt system. On an additional note I also just replaced my house and chassis batteries. Would that have anything to do with this?

Jeff Burklo
2912 Aspire DEQ
2011 Jeep Liberty
Jburklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2016, 05:49 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Roll the shade up and clip or wire tie it to the shade roller and wait for a new motor to be shipped. I bought a package of 8 clips at Harbor Freight that I carry for the shades when one fails. DW keeps using them for chip bag clips
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 05:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Roll the shade up and clip or wire tie it to the shade roller and wait for a new motor to be shipped. I bought a package of 8 clips at Harbor Freight that I carry for the shades when one fails. DW keeps using them for chip bag clips
Yes that was my next step but agree my DW will continue to take those clips so I got a box just in case.

By the way, is it best to the the motor from Entegra or manufacturer? If manufacturer anyone have a part number? I'm sure the quality Emtegra CS can provide it but just curious.

Thanks again.
Old 09-10-2016, 04:27 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
The motors are replaced from Entegra at no charge, why shop anywhere else?
Old 09-10-2016, 11:12 AM   #5

I'm surprised that motor, which gets used a lot, survived this long. I'd like to find a part number for future use as well since my warranty just expired.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 03:32 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgguy View Post
I'm surprised that motor, which gets used a lot, survived this long. I'd like to find a part number for future use as well since my warranty just expired.
Bob, I am going to quote Tadd Jenkins at the Tampa rally last year. "Entegra will continue to cover the shade motors after warranty". I do hope that continues as stated.
Old 09-10-2016, 04:36 PM   #7

Hopefully I'll never have to find out. Most of my front shades are on their second or third motor. I have not had a red one fail. I have two red ones in reserve. I wouldn't mind buying my own replacements down the road as long as they are not crazy expensive. Searching, I can find similar, but not exact replacement motors.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 06:29 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
I asked a factory rep of MCD shades at the Tampa Show this year about replacing my United Shades with their product if Entegra fails to support mine a few years from now (which they have not). They said I could buy multiplex compatable motorized shades (which will work with the Entegra electronics) or just buy manual rollers or mix and match types. Down the road the idea of nite shades manual and day shades electronic appeal to me. My 2014, and I think earlier coaches had multiple shades series wired inside the walls making individual controls difficult.

Just a thought, if you buy from MCD you can choose manual or motorized or mixed. Since that meeting I've had multiple failures resulting in Entegra sending me "red" motors which are still working. I think out of 22 factory yellow motors either myself or the dealer has replaced 20. I have 2 grandpa motors left until????

They do however always seem to quit at a bad time and Chuck's idea of carrying chip clips is something I do.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 05:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
The motors are replaced from Entegra at no charge, why shop anywhere else?
Wow!! Was not aware of that. I'll call Entegra CS tomorrow to have a replacement sent. In the meantime I still have a couple of clips hidden from my wife.

By the way, does any have any secrets to replacing the motors? I'm assuming directions will come from Entegra.

Jeff Burklo
2012 Aspire DEQ
Old 09-11-2016, 06:08 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Secret....make a cord sling between the cabinet handles to lay the shade in while you change and re-wire the motor. I still don't know who to thank for that great tip, but it works great.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:21 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Where is the shade fuse located and what is it called. I've looked at every fuse location and couldn't find anything that remotely looks like it might be the night/day shades.
classicalgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:57 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
I finally found it. The fuse is F19 on the inside panel and is labeled CAB AREA WINDOW SHADES
classicalgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:18 PM   #13

A Velcro strap works very well to support a failed shade in the event you must travel any distance and it will ensure safety from falling down while driving on some of the smoothest roads in America!!😎🚁🇺🇸😃

Sent from my iPhone 70NAM
EVsCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:57 PM   #14

MCD Shades

I recently upgraded to 2 layer, manually controlled MCD Shades. We love having the solar blocking layer, as they dramatically decrease the heat and glare. The black out shades are awesome at blocking out light.

HOWEVER, we bought manual shades, because the reputation of most electronic ones is that they are a problem. I heard this from several dealers we got proposals from, including the MCD dealer. Unfortunately, we have problems even with the manual ones. The shades constantly lose their "memory", and won't retract. Fixing them involves removing the window treatments, then the shades, and then following the instructions to retract them manually. Then reinstall. Total time is anywhere from 1-2 hours, although we are getting quicker with more practice. It's a real PIA when out of only 5 windows, you are doing one weekly.

A call to MCD, we were told this is part of regular service. If it's too bad, take it back to the dealer, perhaps they can reinstall them to be less troublesome. I don't see it as an install issue, its poor design and build quality, in my opinion. Combined with the typical in the RV industry attitude of, "We got the money, you got the screw". Taking it back to the dealer that installed them isn't an option as we are on the other side of the country. Caveat Emptor.
LeRoi2 is offline   Reply With Quote