Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2018, 05:11 PM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
Chuck, I ran power out of the elect panel by the batteries.
Thnaks J.H. Not having been in the basement of a 19, I don't know where anything is, that helps.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2018, 06:41 PM   #30

I see in the manual for the freezer that there is another fuse in the actual freezer. If this fuse is only applicable to dc power then that fuse could be the cause of my troubles. I might get a chance to check that in the next while. It is unfortunate we can't access inverter power right at the outlet by the freezer.
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:18 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
As Chuck described, we just ran a very short extension cord from the matrix plug to power our freezer. Our weather station and freezer were on the sun side this last week and the weather station was registering 110 degrees. Freezer stayed nice and cool. And Chuck, you have helped us so much I could even forgive a scratch in the high gloss. Entegra left me a few that their QC didn't catch, we would have just added one to the list. [emoji23]
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:04 AM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
Linda, I remembered how much I scratched my electrical cabinet on the other side adding awning lights, etc. No way I was going to put any scratches in yours. Entegra made it really hard to move the circuit breaker over to the inverter side the way that electrical panels is assembled. Not even sure I will tackle it on my coach. I think I will add the power strip, not only for the freezer but my power tools and pressure washer. I have used all 3 while on inverter.
Old 06-21-2018, 03:00 PM   #33

Chuck, the photos below are ones I took earlier today (6/21/2018) of a new 2019 Cornerstone at NIRVC here in Phoenix. As you can see, that coach has a 12 volt DC socket as well as a 120 volt AC outlet in the basement refrigerator/freezer compartment. As such, I suspect your new 2019 Cornerstone will be configured the same way.

I didn’t test that particular coach to see if the 120 volt AC outlet is wired to inverter power, but I highly doubt that it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Img 001.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	208018   Click image for larger version

Name:	Img 002.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	208019  

LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:21 PM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Larry, Thanks that is great news. Strange they would cut the 12v outlet out of the Aspire. From other posts, I doubt if the basement is on the inverter except for the Matrix outlet. Thank you for taking the time to investigate this and post it. Hopefully it make others as happy as it did me.
Old 06-21-2018, 03:36 PM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Larry, I just pulled up stock #2644 shown in your photo. Phoenix is showing it as a Newmar.
https://www.nirvc.com/Sales/Inventory/2644
Old 06-21-2018, 03:51 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Larry, I just pulled up stock #2644 shown in your photo. Phoenix is showing it as a Newmar.
https://www.nirvc.com/Sales/Inventory/2644
Yep, I noticed that same error yesterday or the day before while looking for photos.

As you may know, the Phoenix location isn't authorized to sell new Newmars, but they do have a slightly/lightly used King Aire in stock. I was talking with Cowboy while I was over there earlier today. He told me they have a buyer for it and expect to deliver it shortly.

At that point, maybe stock #2644 can become an Entegra Cornerstone...
Old 06-21-2018, 03:54 PM   #37

I’m thinking I need to stop reading this forum – too many of the threads lead to unplanned projects!

In any case, stealing shameless from good ideas posted earlier in this thread, I made some changes to ensure our basement refrigerator/freezer would be powered off the inverters in the absence of shore power or generator power. The photos below generally tell the story, but to elaborate…

The first photo shows the original status of an electrical outlet on the ceiling of the second basement storage compartment on the passenger side of the coach (the compartment just behind the one that houses the basement refrigerator/freezer). Unlike the outlet behind the refrigerator/freezer, that outlet receives power from the inverters. Plugged into the left side is a 120 volt AC to USB adapter and USB cable. Plugged into the right side is an adapter that converts 120 volt AC power to 5 volt DC power. The cables from both of those adapters were routed to a small compartment on the vertical wall behind the refrigerator freezer. Also worth noting is that both adapters were loose in their outlets, no doubt from the effects of gravity and the coach bouncing down the road. I’m sure one of both of them would have eventually fallen out.

The second photo shows the small compartment on the wall behind the refrigerator/freezer, with its cover panel removed. That compartment houses the A/V matrix switch and related components. If you look below the compartment you can see a power strip I mounted on the wall. The power strip came from Lowe’s, item #0096901 – https://www.lowes.com/pd/Utilitech-6...reaker/3309364. I chose that particular power strip because it was pre-configured for wall mounting, had a plenty long cord, and had a wall-hugger plug (shown in a later photo). In this photo, you can see the two adapters that were previously plugged into the inverter electrical outlet are now plugged into the power strip. The cables from the two adapters have been routed up & over the right side of the small compartment, into the compartment, and reconnected to their respective devices.

The third photo is the same as the second, but with the cover panel reinstalled on the front of the small compartment. Also, the 120 volt AC cord from the refrigerator/freezer has been plugged into the power strip, and you can see the refrigerator/freezer's 12 volt DC cord disconnected and lying on the floor.

The fourth photo shows a different view of the power strip, with its power cord routed upward in front of the matrix switch. From there the power cord is routed back to the inverter electrical outlet.

The fifth photo is a closeup of the power strip with everything plugged into it.

The sixth/last photo shows the end of the power cord from the power strip plugged into the inverter electrical outlet.

Any questions or confusion, feel free to ask.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1-Second PS Compartment Outlet-Before.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	208033   Click image for larger version

Name:	2-Matrix Swith Box.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	208034  

Name:	3-Power Strip.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	208035   Click image for larger version

Name:	4-Power Strip.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	208036  

Name:	5-Power Strip Closeup.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	208037   Click image for larger version

Name:	6-Second PS Compartment Outlet-After.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	208038  

Old 06-22-2018, 06:15 AM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
Larry, I have a confusion point, why was the cover removed off of the electrical box in photo 2? I didn't think adding a power strip would be that complicated. Nice photo post.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:29 AM   #39

Quote:
Larry, I have a confusion point, why was the cover removed off of the electrical box in photo 2? I didn't think adding a power strip would be that complicated. Nice photo post.
Good question Chuck, and a very astute observation on your part!

And the the answer is…

Embedded below is an annotated photo. It is the same as the first photo in my post above, but zoomed in and with text added. It shows the original status of the inverter-powered electrical outlet on the ceiling of the second basement storage compartment on the passenger side of the coach. As noted in the earlier post, plugged into the left side is a 120 volt AC to USB adapter and a USB cable. Plugged into the right side is an adapter that converts 120 volt AC power to 5 volt DC power.

As you can almost see in the annotated photo below, the USB cable and the output power cable from the “brick” adapter both pass through a small hole in the ceiling before making their way to the compartment near the refrigerator/freezer that houses the matrix switch and related components. (The hole in the ceiling is hard to see in the photo, but it’s there.)

I wanted to move everything from that outlet to the power strip, but the issue was that the end of the USB cable was too big to fit through the hole in the ceiling, and the “brick” adapter was obviously way too big. Since the cables were passing through the hole in the ceiling, I concluded the other end of both cables had to be small enough to pass through the hole.

I followed the run of the cables, found that both of them terminated in the matrix switch compartment, disconnected them, and pulled the cables out through the small hole in the ceiling. With that done, I was able to plug both devices into the power strip, route their respective cables up the right side of the small compartment wall, into the compartment, and reconnect them to their respective termination points.

As Paul Harvey used to say, “And now you now the rest of the story!”
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1-Second PS Compartment Outlet-Before-Cropped-Annotated.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	208103  
Old 06-23-2018, 07:50 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
Good question Chuck, and a very astute observation on your part!

And the the answer is…

Embedded below is an annotated photo. It is the same as the first photo in my post above, but zoomed in and with text added. It shows the original status of the inverter-powered electrical outlet on the ceiling of the second basement storage compartment on the passenger side of the coach. As noted in the earlier post, plugged into the left side is a 120 volt AC to USB adapter and a USB cable. Plugged into the right side is an adapter that converts 120 volt AC power to 5 volt DC power.

As you can almost see in the annotated photo below, the USB cable and the output power cable from the “brick” adapter both pass through a small hole in the ceiling before making their way to the compartment near the refrigerator/freezer that houses the matrix switch and related components. (The hole in the ceiling is hard to see in the photo, but it’s there.)

I wanted to move everything from that outlet to the power strip, but the issue was that the end of the USB cable was too big to fit through the hole in the ceiling, and the “brick” adapter was obviously way too big. Since the cables were passing through the hole in the ceiling, I concluded the other end of both cables had to be small enough to pass through the hole.

I followed the run of the cables, found that both of them terminated in the matrix switch compartment, disconnected them, and pulled the cables out through the small hole in the ceiling. With that done, I was able to plug both devices into the power strip, route their respective cables up the right side of the small compartment wall, into the compartment, and reconnect them to their respective termination points.

As Paul Harvey used to say, “And now you now the rest of the story!”
Larry, I think I will have to copy your mod. More than once, I have had the hanging nearly upside down plugs come loose during a drive.

My ‘19 Anthem does have the 12V power for the freezer. I haven’t investigated to see why it isn’t working yet. Having the power strip would solve the problem though.
Hygge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:17 AM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hygge View Post
Larry, I think I will have to copy your mod. More than once, I have had the hanging nearly upside down plugs come loose during a drive.

My ‘19 Anthem does have the 12V power for the freezer. I haven’t investigated to see why it isn’t working yet. Having the power strip would solve the problem though.
The 12v cord on mine is great for pulling loose from sliding the freezer out. It looks connected, but it does pull loose at the freezer
Old 06-23-2018, 01:24 PM   #42

Quote:
The 12v cord on mine is great for pulling loose from sliding the freezer out. It looks connected, but it does pull loose at the freezer
Those darn power cords, they don't work well at all when they're not connected!

Thanks for the tip Chuck - I'll have to check my 12 volt cord.

Tags
12 volt, power