Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2020, 06:12 AM   #1

No city water or water from H2O tank

I am currently in a full service RV park and I have 100% water in my tank and hooked up to the city water supply provided by the park. I cannot get a water flow...nothing from either water supply. Entegra has walked me through all of the valve setting and they are correct. The pump will run but will not supply water. The coach (2019 Anthem) was depleted of water by blowing out the lines with approx. 30 PSI, including the water hose & real two months ago. The coach has been ready for an emergency trip for the last 2 months with the Aqua Hot set at 45 degrees in all zones including the basement. I must get this running if at all possible because of the scheduled surgery (cancer surgery) and I do not want to risk my wife's exposure to Corona virus by using camp or motel facilities.

I am not concerned about the H2O pump as that can be address later, I am most interested in getting the city water flowing

I appreciate any suggestion you can provide.
Trapper56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2020, 06:54 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Have you tried opening a faucet with city water turned on, is any air coming out? Turn the water tank fill valve to city water. Open all of the faucets. Sounds like there is an air lock. God speed with your journey and your wife.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 07:10 AM   #3

May need a fresh set of eyes on the issue. Sometimes that helps.
Prairie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 07:19 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Possibly try using your water filter bypass. That would eliminate a clogged filter problem.
Old 12-27-2020, 07:20 AM   #5

show use a picture of your water valves.
Old 12-27-2020, 07:45 AM   #6

What is the outdoor temperature where you are parked, could a line be frozen? Is pretty hard to keep city water from flowing, there are no shutoffs for it.
drwaynesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 07:45 AM   #7

Getting an image is difficult, the positions were verified by Entegra: intake water supply vertical, all others parallel with the hoses, and the antifreeze intake tube is closed
Old 12-27-2020, 07:47 AM   #8

55 degrees and all of the components were in a heated storage bay
Old 12-27-2020, 07:58 AM   #9

To check city water, shut of supply at post and release pressure from hose. Unscrew the large water filter body and leave off (don't lose the rubber o ring). Turn water on at post. Water should come rushing out of filter base. If not, there is a blockage somewhere between it and the post. If water flows, put the filter body back on, temporarily without the filter. Try the shower hose in the wet bay. If no water, there is a blockage in the line right after the filter. If water from the hose, but no interior faucets, there is a blockage in the line shortly after the pump.
drwaynesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 07:58 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Your owners manual has a pretty good description of how to winterize with pictures. Regardless of Entegra verification, you might want to sit in front of your wet bay and read that manual. It seems the coincidence of winterizing and now having no water cannot be discounted, and all valves should be checked.
Old 12-27-2020, 08:16 AM   #11

There is a shutoff valve Entegra started installing that shuts off the pump from the tank. If you open the panel in your wet bay look slightly up and to your left you will see the valve. If it is closed you will not get any water from the pump. It is highly unusual that you wouldn’t get water from either source.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 08:32 AM   #12

I'd start playing musical valves. Turn one the other direction, check for water flow. If no flow, turn that valve back to its original position, then try another valve.
Old 12-27-2020, 08:44 AM   #13

I was thinking the same thing.

If I understand his problem correctly! He isn't getting any water.
I thought the same as you, but after thinking about it i realized that he should still get water into the coach from the site water. That valve is there to stop the site water from backflowing and over filling the freshwater tank. The Check valve in the pumps fail all the time, so that was the fix. Don't know why they didn't just install a check valve, so the customer doesn't have to mess with a manual valve ever time they set up at a site. I am installing a check valve on my coach.
My comment doesn't help with the issue, but I wanted to save him some time on finding the root cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
There is a shutoff valve Entegra started installing that shuts off the pump from the tank. If you open the panel in your wet bay look slightly up and to your left you will see the valve. If it is closed you will not get any water from the pump. It is highly unusual that you wouldn’t get water from either source.
billb3672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 08:48 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by billb3672 View Post
If I understand his problem correctly! He isn't getting any water.
I thought the same as you, but after thinking about it i realized that he should still get water into the coach from the site water. That valve is there to stop the site water from backflowing and over filling the freshwater tank. The Check valve in the pumps fail all the time, so that was the fix. Don't know why they didn't just install a check valve, so the customer doesn't have to mess with a manual valve ever time they set up at a site. I am installing a check valve on my coach.
My comment doesn't help with the issue, but I wanted to save him some time on finding the root cause.
I did install a check valve, but for some reason Entegra decided to put in a manual shutoff.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water